Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi attained the status of Deemed University in the year 1958. IARI is the leading institute in the country for agricultural research and education. It has 20 divisions in total with 5 multi-disciplinary centers in Delhi & 8 regional stations.
IARI at present offers MSc, M.Tech & Ph.D. degree in 26 different disciplines to the aspirants. IARI conducts separate entrance examination for Postgraduate and Ph.D. course. Admission to M.Sc & M.Tech course is given on the basis of entrance examination merit list. Whereas admission to the Ph.D. course is given on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance examination (80% weightage) + academic score (10% weightage) + interview (10% weightage).
- Admission to M.Sc & M.Tech course involves commencement of written entrance test, evaluation of answer sheet, briefing of the score, and circulation of merit list.
- The admission process of the Ph.D. degree course is divided into three stages viz. written test, evaluation of academic score, & interview test. The cumulative score of all three stages will be considered final.
- The institute publishes the admission notification online on its website and in the newspapers as well.
- Candidates can fill the application form online with all the mandatory documents and submit it before the last date of submission.
- Applicants who have passed the Bachelor’s degree qualifying examination are eligible to apply for M.Sc & M.Tech degree courses.
- Applicants who are willing to join Ph.D. degree course must have Master’s degree.
IARI Delhi Admission Highlights
|Name of the University||Indian Agricultural Research Institute|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance based (Education Division of ICAR)|