Latest Update: JMI has released the entrance exam dates for 2020 admissions. The exams will be conducted between October 10, 2020, to November 22, 2020, as notified earlier. The university will soon be releasing the admit cards for the same. The venue of the admission test within Delhi or outside Delhi will be mentioned on the JMI admit card 2020.
Check: JMI Entrance Exam date 2020
Earlier the university decided to complete its admission on a merit-basis due to the COVID-19 situation but the Executive Council has now decided to conduct the written examination for the same. In addition to this, the university has given some extra time to the students to submit their admission fees. Students this year can submit their admission deposit in two installments before the release of the admit card for the semester exams. Read complete news
Jamia Millia Islamia Admission Dates 2020
|Online application form release date||21st Feb 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form||14th September 2020|
|Forms open for editing||To be notified later|
|Issue of admit card||To be notified later|
|Entrance exam date||10th October – 22nd November 2020|
|Entrance exam result date||To be notified later|
|Display of shortlisted candidates for interview/ further process||To be notified later|
|Admission date||To be notified later|
|Commencement of classes||To be notified later|
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) is a public central university located in Delhi. It was established in the year 1920 and received the status of Central University in 1988. The university stands proud with its NIRF rankings of 10th among top universities of India and placement record of 100% in its degree programs. At present, it offers various UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Advanced Diploma, and M.Phil & Ph.D. courses in different disciplines. Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) follows a common application process for all the courses. The application form can be filled by visiting the admission portal of JMI followed by fee submission through Credit/ Debit card or Net-Banking. The online portal for applying is closed for now and the last date set for the same was 14th September 2020.
- Admission to BA, B.Com, BBA, B.Sc, BA-LL.B, BHM, BPT, B.Li.I.Sc, BFA, BTTM, and B.Ed courses are offered on the basis of a valid score in the JMI Entrance Test followed by an Interview.
- Valid rank in JEE Main is the primary requirement to secure admission in B.Tech and B.Arch courses.
- JMI also offers BDS program for which candidates have to qualify in NEET UG conducted at all India level.
- MA, M.Sc, M.Com, LL.M, MFA, M.Ed, M.Li.I.Sc and MPT admissions are granted through an entrance test conducted by JMI and Interview.
- JMI also offers admission to M.Tech, MBA, MCA, and M.Arch courses through its own entrance test.
- Candidates have to qualify in the Written Test and Interview to secure admission in M.Phil & Ph.D. programs.
- CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ SLET or M.Phil passed candidates are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test. Such candidates have to appear in the Interview round only.
- The university also offers Self-Financed, Evening, Part-Time with Distance Education courses (Centre of Distance & Open Learning (CODL)) in various streams.
|B.Tech||10+2 or Diploma with 55% marks in aggregate||INR 64,600/-||Click Here|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks||INR 130,200/-||Click Here|
|BA (Hons.)||10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate||INR 21,600/-||Click Here|
|B.E||10+2 or Diploma with 50% marks in aggregate||INR 1,52,760/-||Click Here|
Jamia Millia Islamia Admission Highlights 2020
|University Name||Jamia Milia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi|
|University Type||Public Central University|
|Application Process||Online/ Offline|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Based/ Merit Based|
|Name of Entrance Test||B.Tech/ B.Arch: JEE Main|
|Other UG/ PG Courses: Entrance Test conducted by JMI|
|Ph.D.: Written Test + Interview|