Junagadh Agriculture University (JAU) is a state university situated in Junagadh, Gujarat. JAU offers various courses in agricultural and allied sciences. To increase the growth in agriculture and research, there are 5 Main Research Stations for various crops, 11 sub-Research Station/Testing Centres in JAU. The admission to the UG courses is based on the GUJCET score obtained by the candidates, whereas, for admission to the PG and Ph.D. courses, the candidates need to sit for an entrance test conducted by the University.
Read more JAU Admissions
Below mentioned are some of the institutes working under JAU providing various agricultural related courses:
- College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Junagadh
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Junagadh
- Post Graduate Institute of Agri. Business Management, Junagadh
- Polytechnic in Horticulture, Junagadh
- Polytechnic in Agro-processing, Junagadh
- Polytechnic in Animal Husbandry, Junagadh
Junagadh Agriculture University Highlights
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Sc, B.V.Sc, M.Sc, MBA, Ph.D|
Below mentioned are the courses offered by the University at UG and PG levels.
|B.Sc. (H)||Candidate must have at least cleared 12th class with PCB as main subjects||Class 12th Merit and GUJCET/JEE Main scores|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.|
|M.Sc (Agriculture)||Bachelor’s degree in B.Sc. (Agriculture) with minimum 6.00 OGPA and 5.50 for reserved categories||PG Entrance Test conducted by Agricultural Universities of Gujarat|
|M.Sc (Horticulture)||Bachelor’s degree in B.Sc. (Horticulture) with minimum 6.00 OGPA and 5.50 for reserved categories|
|M.Tech||Bachelor’s degree in B.Tech in a relevant field|
|M.F.Sc.||Bachelor’s degree in B.F.Sc. with minimum 6.00 OGPA and 5.50 for reserved categories|
|MBA (Agri-Business)||Bachelor in Agriculture and Agriculture Allied Science with 6.0 OGPA||Institute level Entrance Test, GD/PI|
|PG Diploma||Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary Animal Husbandry / Dairy Technology / Horticulture and Forestry, Home Science, Fisheries / Food Processing Tech. / Agricultural Engineering||Entrance Test conducted by Agricultural Universities of Gujarat|
|Ph.D.||Master's degree in related subject with 65% marks and 60% for reserved categories||Entrance Test and Interview|
Check JAU fees
The admission to all the undergraduate courses is based on the GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) score of the candidates. On the other hand, admission to PG courses are done on the basis of merit and an entrance test conducted at University level. Students can download the application form available on the website (www.jau.in). They will be required to pay INR 1000 fee for registration. Duly filled form should be submitted to the Principal and Dean in person or by a registered post. Eligible applicants will be further called for a written test, group discussion, and a personal interview. After this, the university will display a merit list of the qualified students and they will be called for counseling sessions.
The University has reserved seats for the following categories:
- Schedule Caste (SC) - 7%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 15%
- Socially and Educationally Backward Communities (SEBC) - 27%
- For disabled (Physically Challenged candidate) - 3%
Junagadh Agricultural University Scholarships
Following are the scholarships provided by the University to look after the financial needs of the students:
- National Talent Scholarship (NTS): Awarded to UG & PG students of other states on the basis of merit and written test. INR 2000 is given to UG student per month and for PG student INR 3000 per month.
- Merit cum Means Scholarship (MCM): Awarded by ICAR to meritorious students of the University. The amount of this scholarship is INR 500/-month/Student.
- JAU UG Scholarship: INR 500 is awarded by Junagadh Agricultural University to five girl students in each faculty. If girl candidates are not available, it is awarded to economically backward students on the basis of merit.
- JAU PG Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to Ph.D. students belonging to SC/ST category with INR 4300 per annum.
- Merit & Poor Merit Scholarship: INR 60 is provided to economically backward students for 9 months.
- Dhanuka Financial Assistance: An amount of INR 1200 is given to students of the College of Agriculture on the basis of merit.
An excellent placement record has been maintained by the University by associating with top-notch organizations in Agro-industry. It organizes personality development programs, invites industry experts to assist the students. The placement cell is constantly in touch with the industry personnel to prepare the students accordingly. To talk about the placement statistics of 2017-18, a total of 188 students got placed with reputed organizations. Some of them are Agrostar, Mahindra & Mahindra Tractor, HDFC Bank, Carp Hatchery, Axis Bank, Jayant Snacks to name a few.