Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak (IIM Rohtak), is one of the first IIM in North India and the only IIM in the National Capital Region. NIRF 2020 ranked the institute at the 21st position among top B schools of the country. Among its various management courses, the most opted course by the students is IPM (Integrated Program in Management).
The institute conducted its own final selection process for the PGP 2020-22 batch and did not participate in the IIM-CAP (Common Admission Process) round. The institute had shortlisted 8000 candidates out of 1.6 lakh candidates who applied for admission in IIM Rohtak.
In total, the institute offers 2 PG programs, 2 Fellowship programs, and various executive training programs in the management field.
Admission to all the programs is granted on the basis of their respective entrance exams. To apply for admission to any of the programs, the candidates must visit the official website of the institute.
In terms of placements, the Indian Institute of Management Rohtak achieved a 100% placement record for its 2018-20 batch. The highest package bagged by the students of the 2018-20 batch was INR 24 LPA while the average package of the batch was INR 13.7 LPA.
IIM Rohtak Highlights
|Number of Courses||4 and other Diploma Courses|
|Courses||PG, Integrated, Diploma|
|Top Course||Integrated Program in Management|
|Entrance Exams||CAT/ GMAT/ GRE (Check IIM Rohtak Cut off)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Campus Area||200 Acres|
|IIM Rohtak Director||Prof. Dheeraj Sharma|
IIM Rohtak Rankings
- The institute was ranked in the 21st position under the Management category by NIRF India Rankings 2020.
- Ranked 20th for IIMs by Outlook 2020
- The institute was ranked in the 21st position for MBA by WEEK 2019.
- The institute received the Best Business School Award at 11th DNA Innovative Education Leadership Awards 2019.
IIM Rohtak Courses
IIM Rohtak offers various full-time postgraduate programs in management and Integrated program in management. Given below is a tabulated form of courses with their duration and fees.
|Postgraduate Program in Management (PGP)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: UG Degree with a minimum of 50% marks
|Integrated Program in Management (IPM)||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 10+2 Qualifications with a minimum of 60% marks
|Post Graduate Program In Management For Executives (EPGPx)||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: UG or PG Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Executive Fellow Program In Management (EFPM)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Post-Graduate degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks
|Executive Post Graduate Diploma In Sports Management (EPGDSM)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: UG or PG Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Doctoral Program In Management (DPM)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: PG degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks. For the executive PG Diploma, the candidate must have working experience of 2 years.
Note: Almost all the 2nd Gen IIMs follow a similar fee structure. Students can avail of educational loans from various banks at lower interest rates (subjected to the changes in bank policies) and students can also avail scholarships available.
Read More IIM Rohtak Courses and Fees Structure
IIM Rohtak Admission
Admission to the PGP at IIM-R is based on CAT score, academic profile, work experience, communication skills among other parameters. The selection process is divided into 5 stages including:
- Stage I Online Registration for PGP Admission, IIM Rohtak
- Stage II Written Analysis Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI)
- Stage III The Final Selection List based on CAT score, WAT & PI score & Diversity
- Stage IV Offer for Provisional Admission for the PGP program
- Stage V Reporting for joining the PGP program
Admission to IPM is granted on the basis of the IPM Aptitude Test conducted by IIM-R itself followed by a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI). The minimum cut-off required by a General category candidate to clear the IPMAT is 562.
Admission to DPM/EFPM/EPGPx is based on: Academic Qualifications, Performance in the Qualifying Examination/tests (CAT/GMAT/GRE), Personal Interviews, and Work experience.
EPGPx and EFPM candidates who do not possess a valid score in CAT/GRE/GMAT must appear for IIMR-Entrance Test and Research Aptitude Test (RAT) respectively.
EPGDSM admissions are done on the basis of the Sports Aptitude assessment test followed by an interview.
How to Apply?
- Stage I: The candidate must appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT to be considered for the Shortlisting process for admission at IIM Rohtak. Applicants must have obtained a valid score in any of the following exams:
- Stage II: Final Selection Round for IIM Rohtak Admission comprises of a Personal Interview followed by a Writing Ability Test. The weighted aggregate of the following components will be used to prepare a merit/rank list-
Step 1: Fill the application form through the official website of the Institute.
Step 2: Submit your detailed information along with the CAT Score.
Step 3: Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview and Written Ability Test.
Step 4: The interview panel will evaluate each candidate's performance in terms of quality of work experience, diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivity, and multifacetedness.
Step 5: Candidates who are unable to attend the interview on the specified date, because of their overseas travel/stay, maybe interviewed through videoconference. Requests for an interview via video conference should be made at least 10 days prior to the scheduled interview date.
IIM Rohtak Cut off
IIM Rohtak set the following cutoff for different categories. The graph below shows the minimum marks for shortlisting in IIM Rohtak PGP Cutoff as required for admission. Other courses have a different cut off accordingly. Check IIM Rohtak Cut off
Read More IIM Rohtak Admission
IIM Rohtak Placements
The institute witnessed a 100% placement for its 2018-20 batch of 236 students, it was one of the largest PGP batches amongst the 2nd and 3rd generation IIMs, therefore, the institute achieved quite a feat by successfully placing the entire batch of 2020.
Organizations like Bain Capability Network, Lenskart, RBS, Michael Page, and Infosys Management Consulting were amongst the 40 new recruiters.
A total of 86 recruiters made an appearance during the latest placement drive where the institute witnessed a 47% increase in the participation of new companies.
|Batch Size||236 Students|
|Total No. of Recruiter’s||86|
|No. of New Recruiters||40|
|Highest Salary||INR. 24 LPA|
|Average Salary||Overall: INR. 13.7 LPA|
|Top 10%- INR. 23.2 LPA|
|Top 25%- INR. 19.2 LPA|
|Top 50%- INR. 16.8 LPA|
|Median Salary||INR. 13 LPA|
The following graph represents the industry-wise placements provided to students under different sectors-
In terms of placements, the following tabulation depicts the comparative analysis of the newer IIMs across the country:
|Factors||IIM Raipur||IIM Rohtak||IIM Kashipur|
|Average CTC||INR. 15.20 LPA||INR. 13.7 LPA||INR. 13.82 LPA|
|Highest CTC (Domestic)||INR. 28.12 LPA||INR. 24.06 LPA||INR. 45 LPA|
|Total No. of Recruiters||150+||86||96|
|No. of New Recruiters||50
Read More IIM Rohtak Placement
IIM Rohtak Scholarships
The participants of the FPM will be given a fellowship as mentioned below:
- INR 30,000/- for the first two years and INR 35,000/- for the next two years.
- All the participants will receive a contingency grant of INR. 1, 85,000/-distributed across four years of the program.
Sports Scholarship- Scholarship is available to the selective students who have participated at national and international levels in any sport.
To facilitate the payment of fees in time for female candidates, IIM Rohtak tied up with five different banks to get their education loans sanctioned quickly.
IIM Rohtak Facilities
IIM Rohtak provides all the requisite facilities to the students. Some are detailed below-
- Hostel- Students’ hostel is situated within the MD University campus which has 132 rooms fully dedicated to IIM Rohtak. All the facilities are available within the hostel premises including canteen which is managed by a student committee of IIM Rohtak.
- IT Resource Center- The IT setup at IIMR comprises computer labs, computer centers with more than 100 computers, video conferencing facility and subscriptions to various latest Databases and Softwares like- Microsoft, Oracle, TIBCO, IBM, etc.
- Library- Spacious and extremely well-stocked the library is regularly updated with the latest journals and newsletters. It also provides access to online databases like Bloomberg. Its services are subscribed to by working professionals too.
- Computing Facilities- IIMR is the only fully Wi-Fi enabled campus amongst comparable institutes. The Computer Centre is available for use 24 hours. The printer facility is provided in the computer center as well as in the hostel blocks. High-speed Internet, highly resourceful intranet, sharing software, and internal messenger make all work easier and quicker.
- Sports Room- With a strong focus on the overall development of the student's personality, IIMB has a robust sporting infrastructure. This includes facilities for steak, soccer, cricket, tennis, basketball, volleyball, throw the ball, badminton, indoor games, etc. These facilities have had a role to play in the institute having a strong sporting culture.
IIM Rohtak Faculty
With highly qualified faculty at IIM Rohtak, the institute is committed to imparting strong educational foundations and values in the hearts, thoughts, and actions of the future managers. The institute is headed by the Director: Prof. Dheeraj Sharma
Area-wise Faculty Members-
- Management Information System: 3
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management: 5
- Marketing & Strategy: 6
- Finance & Accounting: 2
- Operations: 6
- Economics & Public Policy: 4
IIM Rohtak FAQs
Ques. How the course is structured?
Ques. How many days of on-campus classes will be there?
Ques. Do we need to buy study material?
Ques. Will recording of the online session be provided?
Ques. What is the dress code for the in-campus module?
Ques. Is an education loan available for this course?
Ques. Is it possible to apply for Executive FPM after the successful completion of the Programme?
Ques. Does IIMR take WAT/PI scores from other IIMs?
Ques. What are the cut-offs to get a call from IIM R for PGP?
Ques. What is the exam pattern for IPMAT?
- The IPM Aptitude Test is conducted online.
- The duration of the exam is of 2 hours.
- Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the following sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- Each section will comprise of 40 questions.
- 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.