The B.Ed entrance examination for admission to Himachal Pradesh University will be held on 27 October 2020. The admit card will be available on the university website from 12 October onwards. The result is expected to be declared on 6 November, while the merit list should be issued on 20 November 2020.
The last date for submitting online applications for direct admission to the PhD programme is 3 October 2020. If seats remain vacant, an entrance test will be held for admission to the PhD programme in December 2020.
The registration period for B.Sc Nursing and Post-Basic B.Sc Nursing has been extended to 7 October. The entrance examination will be held on 21 October.
Registrations for M.Sc Biotechnology and Microbiology programmes took place from 5 June to 30 June 2020. The date of release of the admit card is yet to be announced.
For admission to other courses based on merit or entrance examination, registrations took place from 4 May to 31 August 2020.
To apply to HPU, candidates have to fill out the application form through hpuniv.ac.in, which is the official website of the university. In the HPU application form, candidates have to fill in personal details and academic details. They also need to attach a photograph and signature. The candidate must have an email address and a valid mobile number. Once the application form is filled, HPU will communicate with the candidate via email or SMS.
Depending on the course, the application fee varies from 500 to 1,500 INR for General category candidates.
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) was established in the year 1970 and is located in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) offers various courses at undergraduate, post graduate and doctorate levels, under 15 different faculties.
- Candidates applying to BDS and MBBS courses are required to qualify in NEET UG.
- B.Tech Regular and B.Tech (Lateral) admissions are based on the score in Entrance Test conducted by HPU and merit respectively.
- Candidates applying to BBA, BCA and BHM courses are required to have completed their 10 + 2 studies from a recognized board with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is the minimum eligibility criteria for LL.B
- For M.Tech in Computer Science, the candidate must pass in Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks or equivalent Grade point, in Mathematics / Physics / Electronics / MCA / Computer Science / Information Technology or 4-years Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology.
- Seats to the LL.B course will be allotted on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the university, as well as performance in academics.
- Candidates applying to the Master’s degree are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject with minimum 50% marks. (45% marks for certain courses).
- Admission to MTA, MA (all specializations except for English, Social Work and sociology) and Master’s Degree in Rural Development courses is entirely merit-based.
- HPU conducts an Entrance Exam to offer admission in LL.M, M.Sc., MCA, M.Tech., MMC, MA (English, Social work, Sociology) and postgraduate diploma courses.
- MBA seats will be allotted based on performance in HPUMAT followed by group discussion and personal interview rounds.
- Candidates applying to M.Phil and Ph.D. courses require a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in the relevant field of study. Seats to the M.Phil and Ph.D. course will be allotted on the basis of performance in an entrance test conducted by HPU subject to availability of the course.
HP University Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the University||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance exam and merit|
NEET UG – Offline
HPU B.Ed CET - Offline