IIM has come up as one of the best B-School in Central Asia by Eduniversal Ranking 2020. The B-School award was announced in the annual Eduniversal 3D World Convention 2020.
IIM Bangalore has announced the admission criteria for MBA 2021-2023 Batch. The Admission Criteria for MBA will be the same as the previous year.
|CAT Registration||05 Aug - 23 Sep, 2020|
|Shortlist Announcement for PI-WAT (Tentatives)||10 Jan, 2021|
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), established in 1973, is a top-ranked institute among all the IIMs in India. It offers management courses at PG and Doctoral level. NIRF 2020 ranked the institute at the number 2 position after IIM Ahmedabad. PGP is it's most sought after program globally. The Average placement package of the 2019 batch went as high as INR 25 Lacs per annum.
Some of the notable alumni of IIM Bangalore are – K. Radhakrishnan (Ex-ISRO Chairman), Ravi Subramanium (Popular Author), Shehla Rashid (Indian Politician), Vega Tamotia (Indian Actress) and many more.
MBA Admissions 2020 has seen a double-digit increase as compared to past years. To know what MBA course has to offer, Click Here
IIM Bangalore Highlights
|Recognized by||UGC, AICTE|
|Courses||6 courses in PG and Doctoral|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Entrance Exams accepted||CAT/GATE/GRE/GMAT|
|Campus Area||+100 acres|
IIM Bangalore Courses
IIMB offers degree-granting programs and a certificate program, Executive Education Programmes and specialized courses in areas such as entrepreneurship and public policy. Total of 6 programs are offered including Certificate program. Duration and Fees of which are tabulated below.
|Course||Duration||Fees in INR|
|Post Graduate Program in Management(PGPM)||2 years||21,39,000|
|Executive PGPM||1 year + 5 year Work Experience||21,39,000|
|Post Graduate Program in Enterprise Management||2 year (Weekend Classes)||18,60,000|
|Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics||2 year (Full time)||21,15,000|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)||5 years||Stipend- 40,000 Per month|
|Certificate Program||1 year||Stipend – 25000 Per Month|
Eligibility: For Postgraduation Program, Graduation in any stream with 50% marks and for Doctoral Program, Postgraduation in relevant stream. Along with a valid score of relevant stream
Also, Check IIM Bangalore Fees Structure
IIM Bangalore Admissions
Applicants will be shortlisted for the personal interview based on their CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test score, as chosen by the candidate, Academic performance, and Duration of work experience. The selection process for the Executive program will be conducted in two rounds. Candidates can submit their application through the online website of the institute.
- Stage I: The candidate must appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT to be considered for the Shortlisting process for admission at IIM Bangalore. Applicants must have obtained a valid score in any of the following exams:
- Stage II: Final Selection Round for IIM Bangalore Admission comprises of a Personal Interview followed by a Writing Ability Test. The weighted aggregate of the following components will be used to prepare a merit/rank list-
Step 1: Fill the application form through the official website of the Institute.
Step 2: Submit your detailed information along with the CAT Score.
Step 3: Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview and Written Ability Test.
Step 4: The interview panel will evaluate each candidate's performance in terms of quality of work experience, diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivity, and multifacetedness.
Step 5: Candidates who are unable to attend the interview on the specified date, because of their overseas travel/stay, maybe interviewed through videoconference. Requests for an interview via video conference should be made at least 10 days prior to the scheduled interview date.
IIM Bangalore Cut Off
IIM Bangalore set the following cut off for different categories. The graph below furnishes the IIM Bangalore PGP Cutoff as required for admission. Other courses have a different cut off accordingly. Click here IIM Bangalore Cutoff
Check IIM Bangalore Admissions
IIM Bangalore Scholarships
There are a great number of scholarships being awarded to the students of the institute based on certain criteria. The various scholarships are:
- Aditya Birla Scholarship
- Uday Nayak Scholarship
- T Thomas Scholarship
- OPJEMS Scholarship
- Rajesh Kaushik Memorial Scholarship
- Society General Global Solution Center India Scholarship
- Community Service Award
- Ocwen Scholarship for Competence in Academics and Research (OSCAR)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions – B’izard Scholarship
IIM Bangalore Placements
The placements reaffirm IIM Bangalore’s status as one of the two or three pre-eminent B-Schools in India. There is a distinguished and special Training & Placement Cell which deals in all kinds of internships programs, seminars, and workshops related to the preparatory sessions or drills for the placement assistance of the students. The Placements session the year 2019 has got over with 100% Placement Track Record in 2 days with 411 students got 488 offers from many elite and reputed recruiters.
The above graph represents the Average and Median Salary of three programs offered by the IIMB. The vertical axis shows the amount of packages in Lacs(INR).
Below are some placement stats for Three programs of IIMB.
|Field of Comparison||PGP||EPGP||PGPPM|
|Number of Students||428||73||40|
|Number of Offers Made||488||64||14|
|Number of Companies Visited||129||73||21|
|Opting out of placements||01||08||12|
Various Top recruiters of IIMB are Amazon, Accenture, Bain, and Company, McKinsey&Company, Microsoft, Aditya Birla Group, Citibank, Deloitte, Proctor, and Gamble, etc.
Read More IIM Bangalore Placements
IIM Bangalore Facilities
- Events: Students Celebration on the Republic Day 2019 The students at IIM Bangalore celebrated the Republic Day with full enthusiasm and patriotism. Starting with the National Flag hoisting ceremony by the Director of IIMB, Prof. G. Raghuram followed by the patriotic songs sung by the students and IIMB staff members, Play performance by the students added with a speech by the director at the end of the occasion.
- Hostel: The spacious, beautiful and well-maintained hostel blocks provide single room accommodation to all students.
- Library: Spacious and extremely well-stocked the library is regularly updated with the latest journals and newsletters. It also provides access to online databases like Bloomberg. Its services are subscribed to by working professionals too.
- Computing Facilities: IIMB is the only fully Wi-Fi enabled campus amongst comparable institutes. The Computer Centre is available for use 24 hours. The printer facility is provided in the computer center as well as in the hostel blocks. High-speed Internet, highly resourceful intranet, sharing software, and internal messenger make all work easier and quicker.
- Sports Room: With a strong focus on the overall development of the student's personality, IIMB has a robust sporting infrastructure. This includes facilities for tsepak, soccer, cricket, tennis, basketball, volleyball, throw ball, badminton, indoor games, etc. These facilities have had a role to play in the institute having a strong sporting culture.
IIM Bangalore FAQs
Question: What is the deadline for the reference letters to reach IIM Bangalore?
Ans. For each course, the respective last date of submission for reference letters is mentioned above. You need to make sure they reach before the application due date of the respective rounds. Applications cannot be submitted until reference letters are received online.
Question: For PhD admission, will I get to change my course after taking admission into IIM Bangalore?
Ans. You can apply to two areas while applying, according to your preference. Once a student is admitted to a particular course, rarely is it allowed to change the course.
Question: My profile: 10th-85%, 12th-75%, B.E- 8 CGPA and having 2 years of experience. What are my chances of getting call from IIM Bangalore?
Ans. In order to know the chances of selection for IIM B, the academic details are within the eligibility criteria. You need to understand the cutoff limits for the exams you have taken.
Question: I am a CA Student, Am I eligible for the professional category for course in IIM Bangalore?
Ans. Yes CA Qualified candidates, company secretary certificate candidates are eligible for weightage under the professional category. No other course is eligible for professional category.
Question: How is PGPEM program different from PGP program
Ans. The PGPEM is focused on mid-career and senior executives with work experience of different needs and a different appreciation of management education. The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) focuses on professionals at the entry levels. It recognizes freshers in providing relevant knowledge for entry-level positions in a variety of industries.
Question: Can work experience be a replacement for the GMAT/GRE score?
Ans. No, work experience will not be a replacement for the GRE/GMAT score. It's the basic selection criteria for your admissions.