Yenepoya University Bangalore is a deemed-to-be university offering Graduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral, and short certification programs in various Health Sciences disciplines. Some of the degrees that students can pursue at Yenepoya are MBBS, MD/ MS, BDS, MDS, etc. Admission to the institution is an online process that can be accessed through the official website. The primary entrance tests considered for admission purposes are NEET-UG and NEET-PG
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Private, Self-Financed|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC|
|Set by||Islamic Academy of Education|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG, NEET PG|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, BPT, B.Sc. (Nursing), MD, MS, MDS|
|Admission Criteria||Merit in Entrance test|
|Campus Area||152204.18 sq.mt.|
|Facilities Available||ICT-enabled classrooms, Library, Hostel, Sports Facilities|
Ranking/ Awards/ Achievements
- In the NIRF Rankings 2020, Yenepoya University has been placed in the 86th position.
- The Yenepoya Dental College holds the 20th rank in the NIRF list of top Dental Institutions in the country.
- Times Higher Education ranks the institution in the 301 - 400 band in its Global Impact Ranking.
- In 2017, Yenepoya University was rated a three-star institution in the Young University category by the Karnataka State Universities Rating Framework (KSURF).
- The institution is compliant to the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) Accreditation Standards for Hospitals.
- The Yenepoya Medical College Hospital Laboratory is certified ISO 15189:2012 compliant.
The Yenepoya deemed-to-be-University offers a multitude of programs in Medical and Allied Health Science disciplines in the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels apart from short-term certificate courses. Some of the programs and their Eligibility conditions are presented below:
|MBBS||Qualified class 12th with an aggregate score of 50% (40% for SC/ ST candidates) in the Science subjects and a pass score in English.||INR 17.56 L per year|
|BDS||INR 4.77 L per year|
|BPT||Qualified class 12thor equivalent examination recognized by the University, with a minimum aggregate score of 40% (35% for SC/ ST Candidates) in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.||INR 2.4 L|
|B. Sc. (Nursing)||Qualified class 12th with a minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ ST Candidates) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.||INR 1.9 L|
|MD||A MCI recognized MBBS Completed one-year Internship Registered with the State Medical Council/ Indian Medical Council||INR 28.60 L per year|
|MDS||Should hold a BDS from any recognized Institution. Should have completed/ should be completing internship as on April 30 of the year of admission. Registered with the State Medical Council/ Indian Medical Council||INR 8.0 L per year|
|M. Ch.||MCI recognized MS in General Surgery or an equivalent program|
|M. Sc. (Medical)||B.Sc./ BAMS/ BHMS/ BPT/ B. Pharma or any other professional graduation degree with one Biological Science subject. An aggregate score of 50% marks.||INR 1.5 L|
|MHA||A Graduation degree in any discipline that is recognized by the Yenepoya University. A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates).||INR 1.25 L|
|MSW||A Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. A minimum aggregate score of 50%||INR 0.75 L|
|GNM||Qualified class 12th from a recognized Board/ University, having studied English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Should be of at least 17 years of age as on August 31 of the year of admission; upper age limit for admission is 25 years.|
|Certificate in Clinical Ethics Consultation||A PG Degree in any discipline related to Health, Law, Philosophy, Religion, Ethics, and Humanities. OR UG Degree in the disciplines with five years’ of work experience in a health care organization|
|PG Diploma in Bioethics & Medical Ethics||A PG Degree in any discipline related to Health, Law, Philosophy, Religion, Ethics, and Humanities.|
|M. Sc. Biosciences||A UG degree in Biological Sciences with a minimum aggregate score of 55% marks, excluding the language paper.||INR 1.20 L|
|BHMS||Qualified 10+2 with at least 50% score, having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.|
|BPH||2-year secondary level/ 10+2 level/ qualified 2-years Diploma in Allied Health Science post class 12th.|
|MPH||Should hold either M.B.B.S/ BDS/ or an UG degree in Ayush/ Veterinary Science/ Nursing. OR Qualified a post-graduate degree in social science, etc.||INR 1.25 L|
|M. Sc. in Biostatistics||Should have qualified B.Sc. in Statistics/ Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 50%. OR BE/ B. Tech. OR A minimum aggregate score of 50% in B.Sc. with Computer Science as a subject.||INR 1.5 L|
- MBBS/ BDS applicants must qualified the NEET, conducted by NTA.
- For MD, MS and MDS programs, applicants are required to have appeared for the National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducted NEET-PG and NEET SS for M. Ch. program.
- Yenepoya University conducts an entrance test for admission into BPT, B. Sc. Nursing, M. Sc. Nursing, and MHA programs
How to apply?
- Application to Yenepoya University is an online process through the official website https://www.yenepoya.edu.in/apply-now.
- The application fee for UG and PG courses is INR 500 and INR 1000 respectively.
- Upon successfully registering through the website, applicants are required to submit copies of specified documents and a DD towards application fee to the institution.
- Admission is on the basis of the All India Rank list that is prepared by the respective entrance examination authority. The centralized Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) under the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), New Delhi, is responsible for centralized online counseling and allocation of seats for admission.
- As a Minority Institution, Yenepoya University allots 50% of the total seats available to Minority Community applicants, as per the Minority Regulations.
- Reservation Policy is as follows: General/ Management - 85%, NRI - 15%. Please note that in MBBS, 12/13 seats are filled by the state government.
- NEET Score Card
- Class 10th Pass Certificate as Age-Proof
- Mark sheet/Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Internship completion certificate (if applicable)
- Registration Certificate issued by the Council (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (for minority candidates)
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate along with income certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Physical fitness Certificate
Employment & Placement Cell liaises with renowned hospitals for student placements.
As per NIRF 2020 data, in the AY 2018 - 19:
- 71 out 126 graduating UG students were placed with a median CTC of INR 4.8 lpa.
- 52 out of 114 graduating PG students were placed with a median CTC of INR 4.56 lpa
Placement records from AY 2017 - 18 indicate:
|On campus||Off Campus|
|Number of Organizations Visited||Number of Students Participated||Number of Students Placed||Number of Students Placed|
Yenepoya maintains a no-smoking, plastic-free, green campus in a rural setting with focus on environmental initiatives such as water conservation, alternative energy sources, etc. The campus is spread over 152204.18 sq.mt. and is equipped with infrastructural facilities like sustainable building design, 24 class rooms, 46 laboratories. a central library, hostels and sports facilities.
Hostel: As a residential campus, Yenepoya makes it mandatory for the students to live on campus.
Central Library: The Yenepoya Central Library can seat 480 people and has a stock of 39,000+ books, 300+ subscription to print journals and numerous e-resources.
Auditorium and Halls: A Multipurpose indoor facility of 550 viewing capacity for various activities; a mini-theatre facility equipped with digital playback system.
Sports Facilities: Indoor Courts for Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Badminton, Squash, Table Tennis, etc. Outdoor facilities include international standard soccer ground.
Fitness Centre: A state-of-the-art gymnasium for students
ICT: Information and Communication Technology is deployed at the institution to support learning, teaching, research, and administrative functions.
As per NIRF 2020 data: 16 students received full tuition fee reimbursement from the State/ Central Government while 62 students received full tuition fee reimbursement from Institution Funds.
According to the Quality Audit Report of the institution,
- Fee waivers amounting to INR 8,28,99,750 has been extended to 131 students under merit-cum-means quota in various courses.
- Sponsored seats amounting to INR 1,84,85,500 were allotted to 65 deserving economically and financially weak students.
- Fee waiver amounting to INR 19,77,900 under sports were allowed to 34 Students for various courses such as BHA, MLT, B.Sc. Nursing, BPT, and MPT.
As per the institution’s Quality Audit report of the AY 2017 – 18, a total of 428 permanent faculty members helm the academics at Yenepoya University, of which 52 hold a Ph.D. degree.
Ques. What is the student strength of Yenepoya University?
Ques. What are the specialization options available for MD, MS, MDS, and M.Sc. (Medical) programs at Yenepoya University?
|General Medicine Pediatrics Pathology Radio- Diagnosis Physiology Forensic Medicine Psychiatry Anesthesia Respiratory Medicine Anatomy Microbiology Pharmacology Dermatology Community Medicine||Otorhinolaryngology OBG General Surgery Ophthalmology Orthopedics||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics Oral Pathology & Microbiology Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Periodontology Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry Oral Medicine & Radiology Public Health Dentistry||Anatomy Biochemistry Microbiology Physiology Pharmacology|
Ques. The programs offered at Yenepoya, are they delivered in the semester mode or in the annual system?
Ques. What is the intake capacity of different programs at Yenepoya University?
|B. Sc. Nursing||100|
|M. Sc. Nursing||25|
Ques. How can I contact Yenepoya University?
The postal address of Yenepoya University is Yenepoya (Deemed-to-be University), University Road, Deralakatte, Mangalore 575018, Karnataka 575022. You can also contact the institution via email at email@example.com