Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV) is a state university situated in Bhopal, India. The university is recognized by the UGC and accredited with an "A" Grade by the NAAC. RGPV is formerly known as the State Technological University of Madhya Pradesh with a campus sprawling over 247-acres. At present, the university is offering UG, PG, Diploma/Polytechnic, and Research level across 400+ RGPV affiliated colleges and institutions. It has 5 UTD's, 200 affiliated Engineering colleges, 98 pharmacy colleges, 95 MCA colleges, 4 Architecture Colleges, and 85 polytechnic institutions.
B.E/BTech is the flagship program of the RGPV Bhopal. Admissions to the same are offered on the basis of JEE Main scores followed by counseling conducted by the university. RGPV cutoff for the B.E/B.Tech program ranges from 32781-738471 marks for the general category candidates. Apart from the B.E program, the university also offers various other popular programs such as B.Arch, B.Pharm, MBA, MCA, M.Pharm, M.E, and dual degrees, etc. Admission to these programs is based on both national-level entrance scores and merit lists. Check RGPV Admission process
Over the years, RGPV has proven itself a perfect example of modernization by offering several UG and PG programs in both full-time and online mode across a variety of specialized fields such as Management, Forensic Science, Fashion, Space Sciences, nanotechnology, etc., and many more. These online programs can be accessed by anyone with the presence of extensive internet facilities anywhere in the world. In addition to this, some of the affiliated colleges of RGPV have also been permitted to impart post-graduate teaching in the new domains of knowledge.
RGPV offers great placement and internship opportunities to its students. During the 2021 placement drive, 47 recruiters visited the campus. Major recruiters included TCS, Infosys, IBM, Accenture etc. 312 students were placed. They received an average salary of INR 3.5 LPA. The highest salary package stood at INR 18 LPA.
Check More: Which university is better CSVTU or RGPV?
RGPV Important Dates 2023
|JEE Main 2023 Exam Session 1||January 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, and February 1, 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2 Application form Release||February 7, 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2 Application Last Date||March 7, 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2 Exam Date||April 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Admit Card||January 9, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Exam||February 4, 5, 11, and 12, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Result||March 16, 2023|
RGPV Quick Facts
- RGPV provides distance learning-EDUSAT. In collaboration with ISRO, the university telecast curriculum in 80 professional institutions. This initiative benefits 1.2 lacs of B.E & Diploma in Engineering students and 3000 MCA students along with 7500 teachers from 85 engineering colleges, 80 polytechnic and 30 MCA institutions.
- RGPV has highly qualified faculty members and most of them are Phd holders who are experts in their respective fields. Check RGPV Faculty
- The university has the best library facility. It has a wide range of Engineering, Technology and Science Resources. The book includes 71935 books, 150 printed journals, 9 publishers international journals, more than 20000 international and national periodicals, 25000 project reports, 5 in-house databases and 2 commercial databases.
- The placement facility is excellent at RGPV. The average salary stood at INR 3.5 LPA. The highest salary package offered was INR 18 LPA. The top recruiting companies are TCS, Infosys, Jaro Education, FCL, BEL, BSNL and many others.
- Many sports and cultural activities are also conducted around the year in RGPV. The students get a massive chance to improve their skills and abilities in every domain. The annual tech fest ‘Synchrotons’ is one of the biggest fests organized in Central India. Colleges from all over India participate in the events conducted in the fest. Students get to explore their hidden talents while learning along the way.
Read more: RGPV Reviews
RGPV enjoys a prestigious position in all the colleges of central India. With the well experienced & qualified faculty, students can prosper in every aspect of college life. RGPV has left no stone unturned in making the students self-reliant & confident. It has paved the way for a bright and successful future ahead for its candidates.
The fee structure of all the UG and PG programs is also minimalistic and affordable for most of the students. RGPV has also introduced a 2-year MBA program open for all graduates. It aims to cater to the needs of every student who aspires to work in the corporate sector one day. RGPV has also been in talks for making vigorous arrangements for the upcoming placement session wherein many vital companies take initiatives for providing employment opportunities to the candidates. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) being one of the major recruiters hiring maximum possible candidates from RGPV.
Many sports and cultural activities are also conducted round the year in RGPV. The students get a massive chance to improve their skills and abilities in every domain. The annual tech fest ‘Synchrotons’ is one of the biggest fests organized in Central India. Colleges from all over India participate in the events conducted in the fest. Students get to explore their hidden talents while learning along the way.
Overall, RGPV is a combined pack for everything relating to a student's successful college life. From the best learning and education relating opportunities to extensive extra-curricular activities throughout the year, RGPV does it all.
Read more: Is RGPV a good University?
RGPV Courses & Fees
The university offers several courses in Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Integrated, Dual and Doctoral courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Management, Architecture etc. The details of the courses are given below:
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must pass 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics with 45% marks in aggregate
Selection: JEE Main scores
|INR 44,500 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Students need to score 50% in 10+2 level with Mathematics & Physics
Selection: NATA/JEE Main scores
|INR 2,43,000 (Total Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should have passed 10+2 level with 45% marks in aggregate
Selection: Merit-based and counselling is done by DTE MP
|INR 1,48,000 (Total Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Students must pass 10+2 level with PCM from a recognized board
Selection: JEE Main scores
|INR 44,500 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates need to pass 10+2 level
Eligibility Criteria: Students must pass Graduation
Selection: DTE MP Counselling
|INR 77,900 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Students should have done 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board
Selection: DTE MP Counselling
|INR 61,400 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Students must pass bachelor's
Selection: DTE MP Counselling
|INR 26,720 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have done B.Tech or BE
Selection: GATE scores
|INR 50,750 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Students must pass B.Arch or B.E
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should pass B.E or B.Tech
|INR 50,750 (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates need to pass B.Pharm with 55% marks in aggregate
Selection: GPAT scores
|INR 1.01 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
Eligibility Criteria: Students should have passed 10+2 level
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must pass master's with 60% marks in aggregate in related disciplines
Selection: UGC/CSIR/GATE or a written test + interview
Eligibility Criteria: Students should pass 10+2 level
Selection: MP PPT
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates need to pass 10+2 level from a recognized board
Eligibility Criteria: Students should have done graduation in related fields
Read more: RGPV Courses & Fees
RGPV offers admissions on the basis of both entrance exams and merit. The aspiring candidates must qualify for the relevant entrance exams to be able to be a part of the prestigious university. RGPV specializes in Forensic Science, Engineering, Nanotechnology, Communication and Pharmacy. The final year candidates are also eligible to apply for the different PG courses offered. The qualified candidates are supposed to register for the counselling procedure and fill the choices in the decreasing order of preference. Various rounds of counselling will be conducted for the allotment of seats to the prospective candidates. Certain numbers of seats are reserved for the ST/SC/OBC candidates to provide equal opportunities to all cultural diversities.To apply for admission in the university, candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps
How to Apply?
- Candidates can either download the application form from the official website or obtain the same from the admission office of the university.
- Access university service portal http://rgpv.ac.in, through the internet browser, and select any of the option given below
- Click on the image of student registration on home page
- Click on Student Life on Home Page
- Fill the application form carefully.
Read More RGPV Admission
RGPV Bhopal offers a flagship B.Tech course in 8 branches and the candidates are shortlisted based on the JEE Main score. The University prepares the merit list on the basis of JEE Main Cut off on Madhya Pradesh domicile and all India basis. Below mentioned are the previous year opening and closing counseling score under general category of UIT-RGPV Bhopal both on all India (AI) & Home State (HS) basis:
RGPV Bhopal B.tech General Category Cut off 2023 (Expected)
|B.Tech Specialisations||Cutoff (Opening & Closing)|
|Automobile Engineering (AI)||86262 - 138313|
|Civil Engineering(AI)||103560 - 116032|
|Computer Science & Engineering (AI)||40276 - 60900|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (AI)||59171- 85612|
|Elect Elex (AI)||86644 -101514|
|Information Technology Engineering (AI)||62611– 67573|
|Mechanical Engineering (AI)||101869 - 106461|
|Petro-Chemical Technology (AI)||116653 - 135459|
|Automobile Engineering (HS)||247446 - 636759|
|Civil Engineering (HS)||74571 - 265573|
|Computer Science & Engineering (HS)||25955 - 86251|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (HS)||111240 - 177214|
|Elect Elex (HS)||105446 -231805|
|Information Technology Engineering (HS)||86896 -102843|
|Mechanical Engineering (HS)||155818 -279728|
|Petro-Chemical Technology (HS)||181134 -834446|
The institute recently concluded its 2021 placement drive that engaged 47 recruiting companies. Some of the major recruiters are TCS, IBM, Accenture, Cognizant, Persistent Systems etc. The major highlights are mentioned below:
- Number of recruiters : 47
- Number of students placed : 312
- Highest salary : INR 18 LPA
- Average salary : INR 3.5 LPA
- Top recruiting company : TCS Ninja
Read More RGPV Placements
RGPV provides various scholarships in the following categories. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Students who come from the SC/ ST/ OBC quota are eligible to get a scholarship if they secure a 75% in their HSC.
- Students from Minority communities are eligible to get a scholarship if they secure a 75% in their HSC.
- Students from an economically low background are eligible for a scholarship by the University.
- Students whose parent serves/ has served in the military are eligible for a scholarship.
- The University sponsors a scholarship under the sports quota and to students who are Physically Challenged.
Read More RGPV Scholarship
RGPV Exam Form/ Results
- Students can fill-up the RGPV Exam Form to apply for the semester/ annual exam through the RGPV student login portal of the University.
- RGPV Time table will be updated on the official website of the university following which the students can download their admit cards.
- Exam preparation can be done by downloading the syllabus from the official website/ RGPV Online and studying the required topics.
- Results are declared every semester/ year through the official website itself.
The University declares results for each course in its ‘Result Portal’. Students will need to go to the RGPV official website in order to access the students portal and eventually look for their exam results.
Read More RGPV Results
- Library: RGPV has a library which is equipped with innumerable books, journals, periodicals, databases, CD-Roms, E-Library, Online Resources. It has a wide range of Engineering, Technology and Science Resources. The book includes 71935 books, 150 printed journals, 9 publishers international journals, more than 20000 international and national periodicals, 25000 project reports, 5 in-house databases and 2 commercial databases. The university also has an e-library facility which includes online open access books.
- Hostel: The university provides hostel facilities too. There are two hostels with basic amenities for the students. Facilities like mess, TV, common room, water purifiers, laundry service, security & surveillance system etc. The hostel fee is INR 85K & INR 65K per year. Check RGPV Hostel
- Laboratory: The university provides lab facilities for the practical experience. The labs provided by the university are, Electronics Lab, Electrical Drives Lab, Environmental Lab, Computational Fluid Dynamic, Advanced Chemistry & Physics Lab etc.
- Sports Complex: RGPV has a sports complex for the students. The sports facilities provided by the college include Cricket, Judo, Athletics, Tennis Court, Badminton, Gymnastics etc.
Ques: How can a student get an RGPV degree offline?
Ans: Yes, a student can get an RGPV degree offline. Download the application form from the official website. Fill up the form, attach copies of the marksheet and attested by the Head of the University.
Ques: What are the organisations which are collaborating with RGPV?
Ans: The organization is ISRO with which RGPV collaborates and in addition IITs, IIMs also provide lectures, contents in distance learning-edusat.
Ques: What are the mandatory requirements for online registration in RGPV?
Ans: The mandatory requirements are listed below for online registration in RGPV:
- RGPV Enrollment number
- Mobile number
- Valid email id
- Photograph of size 100X100 in .jpeg/ gif format
- Scanned copy of your signature of size 23X70 in .jpeg/ gif format
- Students must hold a bank account in Punjab National Bank or Union Bank of India with Internet Banking Facility.
Ques: For NRI candidates what is the criteria for admission?
Ans: For NRI candidates, around 5% of the total intake is reserved. These admissions will be conducted as per the Madhya Pradesh Government.
Ques: Where do I get the help & support?
Ans: E-Governance Cell, Rajeev Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya,
E-Governance Cell of RGPV: email@example.com
Support Centre of CRISP at firstname.lastname@example.org
And for more detail please go to http://rgpv.ac.in/Support/frm_Support.aspx
Ques. Which one is better: RGPV or LNCT?
|Highest CTC||INR 18 LPA||INR 19.5 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 3.5 LPA||INR 3.3 LPA|
|Top recruiters||Byju’s, Infosys,TCS, Capgemini, Infosys, Outlook, Jaro Education, Persistence||TCS, Accenture, Wipro, Capgemini, HCL, Microsoft, Oracle, Mu Sigma, Godrej, Reliance, IBM, L&T, Google, HP, Dell, Infotech|
Ques. Is studying at RGPV with B.E worth it?
Ques. What is the function of E-Cell at RGPV?
Ques. Does RGPV have a distance learning education program?
Ques. How can a student have an RGPV transcript?
- Download the transcript form.
- Edit and add the required details.
- Submit the attested documents.
- Get the transcripts verified.