Defense Institute of Advanced Technology, earlier known as the Institute of Armament Technology, offers a Masters and Doctoral degree in Technology. Admission to which is based on marks obtained by the student in the GATE exam. The application process of the college is online and the application fee for the same costs INR 500.
|Established | Type||1952 | Deemed/ Public|
|Recognized by||AICTE, NAAC, and UGC|
|Programs offered||PG and Doctoral|
|Accepted exam score||GATE|
|Basic tuition fees||INR 1,45,000 for MTech and INR 40,000 for PhD|
|Official Website |||https://www.diat.ac.in/index.php | 020 -24304424/ 4425/ 4025|
- The institute has been ranked 57th in the NIRF Engineering Rankings.
- The institute of armament technology has also been accredited as A by the MHRD.
- The institute is approved by AICTE, NAAC, and UGC.
Defense Institute of Advanced Technology offers M.Tech in 25 specializations. Eligibility for the program is B.Tech in the relevant field. The specializations offered are:
Air Armament, Guided Missiles, UAVs, Cyber Security, Software Engineering and Intelligent Systems, Radar and Communication, DES, Signal Processing and Communication, Wireless Networks and Applications, Navigation Systems, VLSI and Embedded System, Materials Science and Chemical Technology, Material Engineering, Corrosion Technology, Armament & Combat Vehicles, Marine Engineering, Robotics, etc.
Read More: DIAT Pune Courses and Fee
Institute of Armament Technology offers admission to students in various programs, in the fields of laser technology, computer science, applied chemistry, applied mathematics, technology management. The college offers more than 20 disciplines to choose from with slightly varying admission requirements for students.
- The admissions to the master’s programs are through the GATE examination.
- Students qualifying for the master’s programs ought to have a bachelor’s degree in the required field of study.
- Admission requirements for the Ph.D. programs include an aggregate percentage of greater than 55% in the required field of study.
Read More: DIAT Pune admission
Institute of Armament Technology offers various scholarships, grants, stipends to the students. Students are considered for scholarships and are offered scholarships like:
- Scholarships and grants are available at the institute of armament technology.
- Grants are available from the various departments like the DBT scheme of AICTE,
- Scholarships are also provided but they do not cover the living expenses.
Stipends from MHRD, Government of India are also available.
Ques. What Departments are available at the Institute of Armament Technology?
Ans. The departments available at the Institute of Armament Technology are given below:
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Armament Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Technology Management
- Department of Applied Physics
- Department of Applied Mathematics
Ques. What programs are available at The Institute of Armament Technology?
Ans. MTech and PhD is available at the Institute of Armament Technology, Pune.
Ques. Does the institute have any accommodation facilities available?
Ans. Defense Institute of Advanced Technology provides accommodation to both students as well as the faculty.
- There are a total of 50 rooms in the hostel and each room is shared by students.
- The rooms are furnished with all the required amenities.
Ques. What is the average annual fee for MTech?
Ans. The yearly average fee for MTech is INR 1,45,000.
Ques. What is the average annual fee for Ph.D.?
Ans. The annual average fee for Ph.D. is INR 40,000.