Latest Updates: Pondicherry University conducted computer-based entrance exams for 2020 admission on September 18, 19, and 20, 2020. Earlier the dates were scheduled for August 21, 22, and 23, 2020. The application registration date for the same started on July 8, 2020, and closed on August 17, 2020. The hall ticket for the Pondicherry University entrance exam 2020 was issued on September 11, 2020.
Pondicherry University Admission Dates 2020
|Online registration start date||July 8, 2020|
|Last date of registration||August 17, 2020|
|Last date of registration for Ph.D. JRF qualified for Indian nationals||August 31, 2020|
|Last of registration for International applicants||August 31, 2020|
|Last date to apply for M.Tech Computational Biology & M.Sc Biotechnology through GAT-B score||September 30, 2020|
|Issue of Hall Ticket for the entrance exam 2020||September 11, 2020|
|Computer-based entrance exam dates 2020||September 18, 19, and 20, 2020|
|Start date of MBA program registration||February 11, 2020|
|Last date of MBA program registration||September 9, 2020|
|GD/ PI round dates||To be notified|
Pondicherry University has three campuses with the main campus located at Puducherry. The university offers Postgraduate and Doctoral courses in the Faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, and Medicine. Pondicherry University also offers Integrated, Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate Add-On Courses.
- Pondicherry University MBA Admission is done on the basis of the CAT Score or university exam.
- For M.Tech (Computational Biology), the selection is done on the basis of the Common Entrance Examination conducted by Pondicherry University in collaboration with Anna University with a total intake of 15 per university.
- The allotment for Common Entrance Examination will be done on the basis of merit and choice of institution furnished by the candidate.
- For admission to M.Sc. (Biotechnology), candidates have to appear for JNU CEEB for which the total intake of students is 23.
- JNU CEEB also known as the ‘Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination’ is conducted in the month of December for which the application starts in the month of September. Candidates can apply online through the official website of JNU.
- For M.P.Ed., the selection is done on the basis of the Pondicherry University Entrance Examination followed by the Physical Fitness Test.
- Ph.D. program is offered in 48 specializations for which selection is done on the basis of Entrance Examination with 70% weightage, Personal Interview & Academic Record with 30% combined weightage.
- This university also imparts education through distance learning. For further information visit Pondicherry University DDE Admission.
Candidates can apply through the Online Admission Portal of the university. The application process starts in the month of March every year and candidates can apply till the last week of April. The university conducts its own Entrance Examination in the month of May. The Result is declared in the first week of June followed by a counseling schedule which starts from the last week of June every year.
Pondicherry University Distance Education offers MA, M.Com, and MBA programs in various disciplines. Admission to all the courses is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Admission is offered twice a year in December – February, and May – July.
Pondicherry University Admission Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Pondicherry University|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Basic Admission criteria||Entrance exam|