Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) was established in the memory of the great Sufi Saint Baba Farid, by the Punjab govt. The University provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Medical Sciences. Admissions are conducted to the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) through separate common entrance examinations held for different courses. At present, the University has 146 affiliated colleges comprising of 139 affiliated and 7 constituent Colleges (with an approximately 35,000 students). BFUHS offers various Undergraduate and Postgraduate course in different streams along with Ph.D. program.
- Candidates with 50% marks in the qualifying exam are eligibility to apply for MBBS and BDS.
- The selection will be done on the basis of NEET UG exam and counseling session.
- For B.Pharm the candidate should have passed class 12th with minimum 45% marks with English as one of the subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology / Biotechnology as optional subject individually whereas for B.Pharm. (Lateral Entry) he/she should have done D.Pharm. with min. 45% marks.
- B.Pharm with 55% marks will be allowed to apply for M.Pharm.
- The selection under B.Pharm., B.Pharm Lateral Entry and M.Pharm will be made on the basis of merit in qualifying exam and counseling both.
- Candidates passed in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/BC) and English as a compulsory subject or an equivalent degree will be eligible to apply for B.Sc. Nursing.
- Admission to B.Sc. Nursing will be given on the basis of PPMET followed by physical counseling.
- A pass with 50% marks in PCB is required with English as a compulsory subject, in B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry) and 40% marks are required in B.Sc. General.
- The selection in B.Sc. with all the specializations will be done on merit basis.
- In MD/ MS/MDS, the candidates need to obtain min. 50% in the qualifying examination for making an application.
- They will be selected based on the NEET PG score.
- For M.Sc. Nursing, the candidate has to pass B.Sc. (Nursing)/ B.Sc. (Post Basic Nursing). whereas he/she will be selected based on his marks in PMNET score.
- For MPT, the candidate should have done BPT with at least 50% marks.
- The selection in MPT course will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying degree,
- Candidates with Masters securing 55% marks in the respective discipline is necessary for making an application for Ph.D.
- After all the applications being received the candidates will be admitted based on the marks in PHDET followed by viva voce.
- Applications can be submitted online by logging onto the official website
BFUHS Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the Institute||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)|
|University Type||State University|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD/ MS/ PG Diploma/ BDS/ Bsc(Nursing)/ M.Sc.(Nursing), MDS/ BHMS/ BAMS|
|Basic Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|