Guru Kashi University was established in 2011, and is a co-ed institute. It has been established by the State Legislature Act of Punjab. It is a residential University and has more than 7000 students. It is a member of Indian Society for Technical Education.
It is administered by a board of governors, and an Academic Council. All the courses, instructions, and examinations are managed by the Academic Council which is the highest academic body of the University.
It provides 134 Courses across 16 streams. The popular Courses are B.Sc., BA, M.Sc., MA, B. Tech., etc. Courses are recognized by UGC, AICTE, ICAR, NCTE and all other national agencies.
Guru Kashi University extends multiple facilities to its students to make their learning experience memorable. Facilities like Libraries, Workshops, etc. enhance their knowledge on a professional level.
Guru Kashi University, Bathinda Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2011 | Private|
|Mode of Course||Full-time|
|Courses Offered||134 Courses across 16 Streams|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc., B. Tech., BA, MBA, M. Tech., M.Sc.|
|Application Mode||Online | Offline|
|Top Recruiters||Oracle, Convergys|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Transport, Central Library|
Guru Kashi University Important Dates
|PhD Application 2023 Last Date||February 5, 2023|
|PhD Entrance Exam||February 12, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Exam||February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2023|
|GATE 2023 Result Release Date||March 16, 2023|
GKU Bathinda Achievements
Guru Kashi University has a number of achievements in academic fields. Several papers are published in international journals, products are patented on their name, and other such major achievements
|Indian Council of Social Science Research||Grant-in-aid of ₹5,50,000 for research on “Entrepreneurship”, and “Women Entrepreneurs.”||NA|
|Intellectual Property India||No. of patents applied/approved : 2||NA|
GKU Bathinda Courses
Guru Kashi University offers UG, PG, and Technical Courses to its students in several streams. Courses are of full-time mode and recognized by UGC. Admission to these Courses can be merit/entrance –based. Scholarships are available to the needy students. Following are the major Courses.
|B. Tech.||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate passed with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized Institution
Subjects: Computer Science, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate with 50% marks
Subject: Physics, Chemistry, Agriculture, IT, Mathematics
|M. Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduated from relevant Stream
Subject: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, IT, Agriculture
|M. Tech.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: BE, B. Tech., M.Sc., MCA with 50% aggregate marks in relevant fields
Subject: Computer Science, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical
|MA||Subject: Punjabi, English, Mathematics, Hindi, Pol. Science
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduated from relevant Stream.
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation from a recognized University
Subject: Marketing, IT, International, Agriculture
|Ph. D.||Duration: 3 Years (Minimum)
Eligibility: Masters’ Degree in relevant subjects
Subject: Management, Commerce, Agriculture, Physics
Read More: GKU Courses & Fee
GKU Bathinda Admissions
- Admission to the B.Tech. program is granted by JEE Main program. Admission via Lateral Entry will be granted on the basis of merit.
- Admission to courses such as BCA, B.Sc., B.A, B.Ed, B.Lib. is done through merit basis or an entrance test which is conducted online by the university.
- Courses like BCA, B.Sc. (IT), B.Sc. Agriculture (Hons.) provides direct admission into the 2nd year of the course through LEET provided the applicant has a diploma in the same field where he is seeking admission.
- Admission to M.Tech. will be granted on the basis of GATE followed by a round of counselling.
- The selection to MBA and M.Com. will be based on merit or either by an entrance test. The notification for the entrance test will be displayed on the official website.
- Admission to courses such as MCA, M.Sc., M.A , M.Phil. is provided by various colleges under Guru Kashi University and the selection is done on merit basis. LEET admissions are also allowed in some of the courses.
- Admission to M.Phil/Ph.D will be granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam followed by an interview.
How to Apply?
- Registration can be made both online/offline.
- Fill up the form and submit the registration fee demanded.
- Verify the form minutely for any mistakes.
- Attach the required documents.
- Get all the documents verified during the counselling.
- Deposit the tuition fee for final allotment of seats.
Read More: GKU Admission
GKU Bathinda Placements
Guru Kashi University provides 100% placement assistance to its students. With activities like Seminars and Workshops, it focuses on personality development of its students. Every year, the number of recruiters is rising, making a higher number of students getting placed. Average package is around ₹3 Lakhs.
|Minimum Salary||₹ 1.5 LPA|
|Maximum Salary||₹ 6.5 LPA|
|Average Salary||₹ 2.5-3 LPA|
Read More: GKU Placement
GKU Bathinda Scholarships
During these times of Pandemic, Guru Kashi University has extended Scholarships worth ₹ 3 Crores for the 2020 batch taking admissions this year. It’s a contribution by them towards the Medical, Police, Sanitation, and Media Workers for their tireless efforts
|Up to 70% Scholarship||Wards of COVID Warriors|
|100% Scholarship||Wards of those who lost their lives due to COVID-19.|
Read More: GKU Scholarships
GKU Bathinda Facilities
- Central Library: Contains over 54000 books and 100 Journals. There are also multiple databases and e-books.
- Computer Centre: Around 220 computers of latest configuration. Used for R&D activities, PG classes, placement preparedness, etc.
- Smart Campus: A Wi-Fi enabled campus, with several functions being done electronically.
- Workshops: “Soul of Mechanical Engineering”, it is furnished with Machining, Foundry, Welding, and other facilities.
- Hostels: Five Boys, and One Girls Hostel makes their stay comfortable in the College.
- Transport: To both Urban and Rural Areas up to 50 kms from the College Campus to provide easy commuting for both staff and students.
- Cafeteria: It is equipped with a Central Canteen, 2 mini canteens, 4 hostel mess halls, and a cafeteria within its premises. They provide tea, snacks, lunch, and dinner.
- Banking: A branch of Indian Bank is situated within campus. HDFC, ICICI, SBI are also situated nearby.
GKU Bathinda Faculty
According to the Student Reviews, Faculty is knowledgeable and well-qualified. They are highly admired for their teaching methodologies, and helpful nature. Most of the faculty members are highly experienced with around 25-30 years of experience.
According to one of the reviews, faculty-student ratio is around 3:100. Some of the teachers are multilingual with English, Hindi, and Punjabi. This ensures proper understanding of students. 8/10 students have given positive feedback for their faculty.
Read More: GKU Faculty
Ques. Is Guru Kashi University a private Institution?
Ques. Does Guru Kashi University have a placement cell?
Ques. Does Guru Kashi University provide any Scholarship?
- Up to 70% Scholarship – To wards of Corona Warriors.
- 100% Scholarship – To wards of people deceased due to COVID-19.
Ques. On what basis are the admissions made in Guru Kashi University?
Ques. What facilities are provided by Guru Kashi University to its Students?