Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University (MDSU), Ajmer is a prominent affiliating university in the state of Rajasthan. It is accredited with ‘B++’ grade by NAAC in the year 2017. The University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in different specializations through 20 teaching departments and 6 centers. MDS University Admission is done on the basis of merit scored in the previous qualifying examination. It also accepts CMAT score for admission to the MBA program.
MDS University Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, Ph.D., and Diploma courses|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Based|
The University also offers various courses under a number of different specializations at Postgraduate, undergraduate, research and diploma level. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
|M.A.||Economics; Hindi; History; Political Science; Journalism & Mass Communication; Population Studies||Bachelor’s degree with 48% marks in aggregate|
|M.Com||Business Administration; Economics Adm. and Fin. Management|
|M.Sc||Applied Chemistry; Chemistry; Environmental Science; Microbiology; Zoology; Botany||50% marks in aggregate in relevant discipline in B.Sc|
|M.Tech||Computer Science||M.Sc (CS)/ M.Sc (IT)/ M.Sc Physics/ M.Sc Maths, MCA or B.E/ B.tech with 60% marks|
|MCA||Computer Applications||BCA/ B.Sc (CS/IT)/ B.Sc or graduate in any discipline with 50% marks in the aggregate|
|MBA||Business Administration||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks|
|MLIS||-||Graduation in any discipline with at least 45% marks|
|LL.M.||-||55% marks in LL.B or PG Diploma in Law with LL.B.|
|M.Ed||-||55% in B.Ed / Shiksha Sastri and 50% for SC/ST /OBC / physically challenged / widow / Divorce|
|B.Ed||-||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC/SBC/Physically Challenged/ Widow)|
|B.Sc||Food Science and Nutrition; Naturopathy and Yogic Science||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC/SBC/Physically Challenged/ Widow)|
|PG Diploma||Food and Health Security; Nutrition and Dietetics; Industrial Safety; Environmental Laws; Disaster Management; Yoga Education||Graduation degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks|
|Ph.D.||Management Studies; Entrepreneurship; Applied Chemistry; Food Science & Nutrition; Microbiology; Computer Science;||Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks|
|M.Phil||Environmental Management; Political Science; Economics; Economic Administration & Financial Management; Business Administration|
Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati University only accepts online applications for admission in each course/program. The registration process for all courses starts in the month of June. However, the application procedure for Ph.D. courses starts in the month of July. Applicants who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university. They will also be required to submit an online fee of INR 300 per course. The students must also upload the necessary documents along with the application form.
Admission to all courses is done through the merit of last qualifying exams. No separate entrance tests are conducted for admission to these courses. However, candidates will need to sit in an entrance exam for admission in M.Phil and Ph.D. courses. The selection is done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
Note: Admission to MBA is done on the basis of CMAT exam. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their CMAT score are considered for admission to the MBA Program.
Click here MDSU Admissions
The University believes in helping the needy and meritorious students for which it provides a number of scholarships. Given below are the details for the same:
- Professional Faculty Fund Fellowship – One scholarship each of INR 250 per month for 12 months is given to meritorious students of each program.
- Need-cum-Merit Scholarship – These scholarships are available for meritorious and poor students to enable them to pursue higher education. It is available for the students studying in UG and PG courses of the university. To be eligible for this scholarship, the annual income of parents’ should not exceed INR 2.5 LPA.
- Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/PwD – This scholarship is sponsored by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment of Government of Rajasthan.
- Student Assistantship – Each department has a provision wherein students, if willing, can perform various duties to assist in administrative duties. They will be paid for their services accordingly by the University.
- University Fellowship – An amount of INR 6000 is given to students studying in the research programs by the University.
- Departmental Fellowship – An amount of INR 5000 is given to research students in each teaching department of the University.