IITM offers B.Tech, M.Tech. M.Sc, M.A, MBA, and Ph.D. courses in various disciplines at UG, PG, and Research level. B.Tech. is offered under nine specializations. The institute also offers a 13 dual degree programs under the disciplines of Engineering and Science. At the PG level, M.Tech. is offered under 12 specializations. Further, The MBA program is offeredin 6 specializations.
- Admission to the B.Tech program will be granted on the basis of the JEE Main score followed by counseling (JoSAA).
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech program need to qualify both JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced for the final admission.
- To be eligible for M.Tech admission, the candidates must possess a B.Tech. degree with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Admissions to M.Sc and M.Tech courses are based on candidate’s JAM and GATE ranking, respectively.
- MBA admissions are granted on the basis of CAT/GMAT score. For the purpose of final selection, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis CAT Score, Past Academic Performance, Work Experience, Academic Diversity, and Gender Diversity.
- M.A admissions will be based on the Humanities & Social Science Entrance Exam (HSEE) score conducted by the institute.
- For Ph.D. admissions, the candidates are admitted through the entrance exam followed by the counseling at the institute’s level.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras was established in 1959. The institute is highly reputed and has been ranked at the first position by the NIRF under the discipline of Engineering and at the 15th position under the discipline of Management.
Read about IIT Madras Courses & Fees
IIT Madras Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the Institute||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras [IITM]|
|Type of Institute||Autonomous|
|NIRF Ranking||1 [Engineering] & 15 [Management]|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Name of Entrance Exam||B.Tech. - JEE Main|
|M.Tech. - GATE|
|M.Sc. - IIT JAM|
|M.A. - Humanities & Social Science Entrance Exam (HSEE)|
|MBA - CAT|