Kalasalingam University is ranked at 61st in the Engineering category by NIRF Ranking 2019. The university was started as Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Engineering in the year 1984. It was an accredited grade ‘A’ by NAAC. The university currently holds a student strength of 4,342 students and a qualified and dedicated faculty of 550 members.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and M.Phil programs in various streams. Kalasalingam University Admissions for most of the programs is done on the basis of merit, but for courses, namely B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech and Ph.D., applicants are selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the entrance exams conducted by the university (KUEE) and for B.Arch, applicant’s score in NATA is taken into consideration and GATE scores are considered for admission to M.Tech program.
Kalasalingam University Highlights
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Tech, M.Sc|
|Selection Criteria||JEE Mains, GATE|
Kalasalingam University Ranking
Being one of the top technical universities in the country, Kalasalingam University has received rankings from some of the most recognized platforms. The rankings are as mentioned below:
- Ranked 4th at the National level in the Green Matric Ranking-2019.
- Ranked 61st in Engineering category by NIRF Ranking 2019
- Ranked 115th in Engineering category by Outlook Ranking 2019
- Ranked 67th in Engineering category by The Week Ranking 2019
- Ranked 55th in Engineering category by Times Engineering Ranking 2019
- Swachh Campus Ranking – 7th Rank among the cleanest Higher education institutions in the country
- UI Green Metric Ranking 2018 – 4th Rank among Indian Universities
- QS I-GAUGE Ranking 2019 - Diamond Rating among the Indian College & University Category
- Careers360 Ranking 2019 - AAAA Rating
- UI Green Metric Ranking 2018 – 4th Rank among Indian Universities
Kalasalingam University Courses
The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in several specializations. Details for the courses and their specializations are as mentioned below:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
A Pass in Higher Secondary(+2 / Intermediate) of State Board, CBSE, Matric and any other Board of Education recognized by State and Central Government with an aggregate of 50% and above in (Mathematics/Biology), Physics and Chemistry.
Candidate appearing in MPC is eligible to apply for all the B.Tech. Engineering programs whereas the ones appearing in BPC are eligible to apply only for Biotechnology and Food Technology specialization
Students holding High School Diploma issued by Northwest Accreditation Commission – US (NWAC-US) are eligible by providing an equivalent certificate issued by the association of Indian University (AIU) for B.Tech. courses.
‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to apply.
For Lateral Entry programs, the Diploma course in the relevant field of specialization with an average 60% marks in the pre-final and final semester is a must.
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|B.Arch||Architecture||A Pass in Higher Secondary(+2 / Intermediate) of State Board, CBSE, Matric and any other Board of Education recognized by State and Central Government with an aggregate of 50% and above in (Mathematics/Biology), Physics and Chemistry.|
|B.Sc.||Computer Science||Candidates who have passed 12th Std. Examination (10+2) from science stream with the relevant subject are eligible to apply|
|B.Com.||Regular||Pass in 10+2 with 50% marks
|B.Voc||Farm Equipment and Engineering|
|Medical Lab Technology|
|B.C.A.||Computer Applications||Pass in 10+2 with 50% marks and Mathematics as a compulsory subject|
Pass in bachelor's degree in engineering/technology in the relevant area of specialization with 5.5 CGPA and Above (or 50% of marks) are eligible
Candidates must have a valid GATE / KUEE score
|Industrial Safety Engineering|
|M.Arch||Habitat design||Pass in a bachelor's degree in the relevant subject with 60% marks in relevant field|
|M.Sc||Physics||Pass in a bachelor's degree in the relevant subject with 60% marks in relevant field|
Also Check: Kalasalingam University Fees
Kalasalingam University Admission
Listed below is the admission criteria for admission to various courses at Kalasalingam University:
- B.Tech: Selection will be done on the basis of Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education Entrance Examination (KUEE)/ JEE Main scores in the basis of merit
- B.Arch: Selection will be done considering the NATA scores and 10+2 marks
- B.Sc, B.Com, BA, BBA, BCA, B.Voc: Selection will be done on the basis of merit considering 10+2 marks
- M.Tech, M.Arch: Selection will be done on the basis of GATE/ KUEE Scores and merit of the qualifying examination.
- M.Sc: Selection for the program will be done on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination
Also Check: Kalasalingam University Admission
Kalasalingam University Scholarships
Scholarships are offered by the university to deserving and meritorious students who face any kind of financial difficulty while paying the tuition fee. There are 15 categories of scholarships offered to students depending on the qualifying examinations and merit. Details for the same are as follows:
- Category 1: JEE Mains Rank
- Category 2: TS/AP EAMCET Ranks
- Category 3: JEE(MAINS) PAPER-II CRL Rank
- Category 4: Based on PCM / PCB (Tuition Fees: INR 1,20,000)
- Category 5: Based on PCM (Tuition Fees: INR 1,20,000)
- Category 6: Based on PCM / PCB (Tuition Fees : INR 1,00,000)
- Category 7: NEET
- Category 8: Lateral Entry Scholarship (Polytechnic)
- Category 9: ECET Scholarship
- Category 10: Arts & Science Scholarship
- Category 11: Kalasalingam University Scholarships
- Category 12: Sports Scholarship
- Category 13: GATE Scholarship
- Category 14: PG CGPA Scholarship
- Category 15: KEEE Merit Scholarship
Also Check: Kalasalingam University Scholarship
Kalasalingam University Placements
Kalasalingam University has a dedicated placement cell which is always focused on providing students with proper professional training as well as placement opportunities every year. The university saw a successful placement season in 2019 with 1,602 students getting placed across 54 core industries with some of the most well-known industry giants. There were more than 1900 placement offers in total. These included 10 international offers as well.
The placements brought it an average CTC package worth INR 4.5 LPA and a top CTC of INR 10 LPA. The maximum internship package was worth INR 45,000 per month. Some of the prominent recruiters included Wipro, Amazon, Airtel, HCL, IBM, Cognizant, TVS, Saint Gobain, Tata Consultancy Services, Parle Agro, SPI Global and many more. There were 126 recruiting companies in total.
Read More: Kalasalingam University Placements
Kalasalingam University Faculty
Kalasalingam University houses a highly qualified and accomplished faculty of 550 members, out of which 250 are Ph.D holders in their respective disciplines, making the faculty academically strong. All members of the faculty have obtained their expertise through years of experience and active involvement in the industry and research.
The faculty at the university is always very supportive and helpful towards students. They are always ready and available for students who have doubts and need clarification of concepts. The approachability of the faculty members lies even beyond the lectures or classrooms.
Read More: Kalasalingam University Faculty
Kalasalingam University Facilities
Kalasalingam University has a fully WiFi campus with state of the art infrastructure to provide the best in class academic and recreational experience to students. Some of the facilities offered by Kalasalingam are as follows:
- Labs: Each department at the university has labs and centers that are fully equipped with all modern equipment to aid the learning experience.
- Library: The large library complex is well stocked with a large collection of 100,000 books in total ranging across various disciplines. Several other printed and digital reading material is also available.
- Hostels: There are 7 hostels for male and female students separately, with the attached mess and all necessary facilities. These include TV facility, indoor games, reading room, outdoor games such as volleyball, basketball and badminton
- Health and Fitness: There are facilities for many sports activities such as volleyball court, football ground, cricket ground, hockey ground, basketball court, athletics, indoor stadium, kabaddi ground, throw ball ground, ball badminton court, kho kho court and many more.
Read More: Kalasalingam University Hostel
Kalasalingam University FAQs
Ques. How is Kalasalingam University?
Ans. Kalasalingam University is ranked at 61st en the engineering category by NIRF Ranking 2019, making it one of the leading engineering institutes in the country. The university has a very strong and large faculty as well as state of the art infrastructure. The university also has a very good placement record with over 1600 students getting recruited at year. Overall, Kalasalingam University is a great option for any eligible candidate seeking admission.
Ques. How are the placements at Kalasalingam University?
Ans. Kalasalingam University has a dedicated placement cell. Last year, 1602 students were placed across 126 companies with an average package of INR 4.5 LPA. The highest package was worth INR 4.5 LPA. Many students also received internship offers from reputed companies. Some of the recruiters at the university were Amazon, HCL, IBM, Tata Consultancy Services, Parle Agro, TVS and many more.
Ques. How to apply for admission to Kalasalingam University?
Ans. Enter all the relevant details carefully. Registration details will be sent to your registered mobile number and e-Mail ID. Login with your registration details send to your E-Mail / Mobile number. Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission. After this process is complete, copy of signature and photograph of the candidate must be uploaded. Upon completion of this process, candidates can proceed to pay their respective application fee depending on the course.