Sastra University, also known as Sastra Deemed University, provides courses in all fields varying from Arts, Sciences and Technology to Law, Management and Humanities. The University also imparts knowledge through distance learning programmes.
- In UG domain, the courses offered are B.Tech, B.Com, BBA, Integrated B.Ed. and Law courses.
- In PG domain, the courses which the university offers are MBA, MCA, M.Tech and M.Sc.
- Apart from these, PhD. program in all fields is also supported by the college.
- The minimum eligibility for UG courses is a Higher Secondary Certificate, for PG programs, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree.
- For students seeking a PhD degree, a postgraduate degree is required.
- SASTRA shall allot 30% of its total B.Tech. seats to students from Trichy & Thanjavur for the year 2020-21 considering COVID-19 pandemic.
- SASTRA admits 20% (10% each from Trichy and Thanjavur) and for the 2020-21 year alone, the additional 10% shall be drawn based on merit from among the student applicants who complete their Class X and Class XII in the Thanjavur & Trichy school districts.
Situated in Thanjavur, the University was established in 1984 and was given the status of Deemed University in 2001. SASTRA is ranked high by many agencies like Times Higher Education, QS and is also recognized as a Category 1 Institute by UGC (University Grants Commission).
Sastra University Admission Highlights 2020
The candidates seeking admission in SASTRA University can go through the following points:
|Name of Institute||Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy|
|Also Known as||SASTRA University|
|Type of College||Deemed University|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main/GATE/CLAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT|
|Course Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, BBA, MBA, MCA, Integrated Law Courses, B.Com|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline both|
|Admission 2020 Rank List||Engineering Rank List||Check Here|
|Law Rank List||Check Here|