TNAU registrations has been extended till October 5. Registrations were started from August 1, 2020. TNAU offers Diploma, UG, PG and Research courses in agriculture related courses to candidates. Only those students who satisfy the required eligibility criteria are considered for the merit list.
TNAU admissions are both entrance and merit based. Applications are available for both entrance and admission are available online. Some more details have been elaborated below:
- For B.Tech and B.Sc admissions candidates must have passed in 10+2 examinations in relevant subjects with 55% aggregate.
- Diploma admissions are based on scores obtained in 10+2 exams.
- For admission to M.Tech, M.Sc & MBA courses, Bachelor’s degree from TNAU recognized universities is required. Along with scores in the internal entrance.
- For M.Phil+Ph.D. admission, the candidate must have passed post graduation in the relevant field.
- All admissions are through TNAU Counselling, thus students applying directly to TNAU or its affiliated colleges have to apply for counselling.
- Only those students who reside in Tamil Nadu and have studied there or are permanent residents are eligible to apply for admission.
TNAU is a state university accredited by NAAC and ICAR. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is an agricultural university established in 1971.The university is recognized by UGC and functions in accordance with Tamil Nadu Directorate of Education.
It was ranked #44 by NIRF in 2019 and #105 among BRICS nations by the QS World University Rankings of 2018. Outlook ranked the University at #45 in 2019.
More than 50 prestigious companies visit the campus annually for campus recruitment drives.
TNAU Admission Highlights 2020
|Institute||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU)|
|Type||Public or State University|
|Accredited by||NAAC , UGC, ICAR|
|Courses offered||Diploma, B.tech, B.Sc, M.Tech, M.Sc, MBA, M.Phil+Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance Based|
|Seat Allocation||TNAU Counselling|