- The filling of application forms for admission in M.Sc ( Epidemiology), M.Sc (Public Health), Ph.D., Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Journalism ( PGDPHJ) at Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai is over. The last date to fill the application form was October 15, 2020
- The Mgr University Medical admissions 2020 for MBBS is through NEET 2020. NEET 2020 was conducted on September 13, 2020, and was re-conducted on October 14, 2020, for the candidates who were not able to appear for the exam due to COVID 19. The date of Mgr Medical University admission through NEET 2020 and commencement of mgr college MBBS classes is yet to be notified
- NEET 2020 result was declared on October 16, 2020. The MBBS admission through NEET 2020 score and State quota is yet to be declared by the university. Candidates can now apply for NEET 2021 exam, the application forms will be released from November 2020.
- The tnmgrmu admission 2020 for paramedical courses (B.Pharm, B.Sc Nursing, B.ASLP, B.Sc Radiology & Imaging Technology, B.Sc Radiotherapy, B.Sc Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Technology, and B.OPTOM ) was started on October 1, 2020, and the last date to submit the application form was October 17, 2020. The shortlisting of the candidates will be based on merit. The date of Mgr University results of selected candidates and commencement of classes is yet to be notified.
- MGR Medical University MPT 2020 admission was started on October 8, 2020, and the last date to submit the application form was October 15, 2020. Dr mgr university result for selected candidates will be declared on October 31, 2020. The date of admission and commencement of classes is yet to be notified.
- As per the latest tnmgrmu notification, there will be no admission for Diploma Courses from the academic year 2020-21
- MGR Medical University M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020 admission was started on October 8, 2020, and the last date to submit the application form was October 15, 2020. Dr mgr university result for selected candidates will be declared on October 31, 2020. The date of admission and commencement of classes is yet to be notified.
- As per the Dr mgr update, the cutoff for admission in PG Degrees/Diploma Courses will be declared on December 31, 2020
- As per tnmgrmu news, the Cutoff for admission in degree courses B.Sc.(N), P.B.B.Sc.(N), M.Sc.,(N) be declared on December 31, 2020.
MGR University Admission 2020
|Opening of application forms for M.Sc ( Epidemiology), M.Sc (Public Health), Ph.D, Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Journalism ( PGDPHJ)||August 14, 2020|
|Closing of application forms for M.Sc ( Epidemiology), M.Sc (Public Health), Ph.D, Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Journalism ( PGDPHJ)||October 15, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam date||September 13, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Form Correction||September 23 – 30, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Answer Keys||September 26, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Re-Exam||October 14, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Result date||October 16, 2020|
|Opening of admission form for MBBS 2020||To be notified|
|Closing of admission form for MBBS 2020||To be notified|
|Declaration of Shortlisted Candidates for MBBS 2020 through NEET 2020||To be notified|
|Commencement of MBBS 2020 classes||To be notified|
|Opening of online application forms for Paramedical Courses 2020||October 1, 2020|
|Closing of online application forms for Paramedical Courses 2020||October 10, 2020|
|Last date for receipt of the online application form Paramedical Courses 2020||October 17, 2020|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidate for Paramedical Courses 2020||To be notified|
|Admission of shortlisted candidates for Paramedical Courses 2020||To be notified|
|Commencement of Paramedical Courses 2020||To be notified|
|Opening of application forms for MPT 2020||October 8, 2020|
|Closing of application forms for MPT 2020||October 15, 2020|
|Last Date for receipt of print out of filled-in online application form for MPT 2020||October 17, 2020|
|Declaration of Cutoff for admission in MPT 2020||October 31, 2020|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidate for MPT 2020||To be notified|
|Admission of shortlisted candidates for MPT 2020||To be notified|
|Commencement of MPT 2020 Classes||To be notified|
|Opening of application forms for M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020||October 8, 2020|
|Closing of application forms for M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020||October 15, 2020|
|Last Date for receipt of print out of filled-in online application form for M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020||October 17, 2020|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidate for M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020||To be notified|
|Admission of shortlisted candidates for M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020||To be notified|
|Commencement of M.SC (Molecular Virology) 2020 Classes||To be notified|
|Declaration of Cutoff for admission in PG Degrees/Diploma Courses||December 31, 2020|
|Declaration of Cutoff for admission to B.Sc.,(N), P.B.B.Sc.(N), M.Sc.,(N)||December 31, 2020|
The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University is a government university, which was established in 1980 to deal exclusively with medical education and research at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral level. The Tamil Nadu Medical University Act, 1987 received the assent of the President of India on 24th September 1987. By Act No. 39, the previous Act was amended that it might be called "The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, Act, 1987.
The university offers different courses under undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. The admission to the courses is done only through online mode. The selection of the particular courses is done based on the merit of the entrance examination conducted by the university. Scholarships are given to the students of the university based on the merit of the students. Being a medical university does not provide placement facilities, but if any passed out candidates want to go be a guest lecturer or professor, he/she can do so by giving the entrance examination for the same conducted by the university.
MGR Medical University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1987 | State University|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Entrance Exam||Conducted by the University|
|Courses Offered||Dental, Medical, Allied Health Science, Indian Medicine and Homeopathy|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, etc.|
MGR Medical University Courses
The university offers graduation, postgraduate and doctorate programs under each course. Super speciality courses and distance education programmes are also offered by the college.
It offers branches like Medical, Dental, Indian Medicine and Homeopathy, Allied Health Science, and the related programmes are MBBS, MD, DCP, DPH, DM, M. Ch; MDS, Diploma IN BDS; BSMS, MD, BUMS, BHMS, BNYS, M. Pharma, B. Pharma, B. SC, PB. B. SC, BPT, BOT, M. SC, M. Phil.There are many specializations under each course. Some of the important courses are mentioned below:
|MBBS||-||5.5 years||10+2 (PCB)|
|BPT||-||5 years||10+2 (PCB)|
|B.D.S||-||5 years||NEET UG|
|M. Sc (Nursing)||Child Health Nursing||2 years||B. Sc Nursing|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing|
|M.P. T||Cardio respiratory||3 years||B.P.T|
|M.S||General Surgery||3 years||MBBS|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|M.Ch.||Cardio Thoracic &||3 years||MD or MS|
|Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery|
Read more: MGR Medical University Courses & Fees
MGR Medical University Admission
The students of the courses of this college are selected based on scores obtained by them in the entrance examination conducted by the university such as NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS. The admission process is different for the Indian students and NRI students.
For Indian students,
- Visit the official website of MGR Medical University
- Click on the “Application form” tab
- Fill in the Application form and register yourself for the eligibility certificate
- The fee for application and eligibility certificate is INR 1600, which is needed to be paid via an online payment gateways
For NRI students,
- The NRI students are also selected based on the score obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination
- NRIs can only apply if they are of Indian origin or born to Indian parents.
- The NRI candidate must possess Indian passports
- The application fee for the NRI students is INR 10,000
- The payment has to be made through Demand Draft (DD), drawn in favor of
The Registrar, Tamil Nadu
Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Read more: MGR Medical University Admission 2020
MGR Medical University Placement
The Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University, being a medical university, there is no such provision called placement for its students. But there are certain facilities similar to the placement drive, they are as follows:
- The M.B.B.S. students, who have completed the CRBI & obtaining an RMP member with MCI & Tamil Nadu state Medical council can practice as GP. The candidates will be informed of the vacancies as and when it occurs. Furthermore, the candidates can approach the authorities to know more about the requirement of the GP.
- The P.G. students after completion of their course, and Upgradation of degree in both councils can run an independent civilization or hospital or can be a consultant. They can also apply for the assistant professor’s role. The like vacancies are informed to the CDCC so that the junior doctors can be directed with the same
- The candidates with B. SC degree and P. G. Diploma degree after skilled training are absorbed in the institution, according to the requirement of the institution itself
- Other Post Doctoral courses are offered to students who are already practicing.
- These working candidates of this university can update their profile & find better placements opportunities.
Read more: MGR Medical University Placement
MGR Medical University Scholarship
Scholarships are given to the students of MGR Medical college, based on the merit. Students can also avail of the loan facility. There are some scholarships given by the government of Tamil Nadu on the merit cum means basis.
Read more: MGR Medical University Scholarship
MGR Medical University Facilities
- Library: Virtual libraryThis university provides the facility of a Virtual Library, which is an online facility provided by a conventional library to read books and access other facilities. Moreover, Digital library is a collection of documents in organized electronic form, available on the Internet or CD-ROM (compact-disk read-only memory) disks.
- Hostel: The hostel facility provided by the university is really impressive. The hostel rooms are well maintained, clean. The food given to the student staying in hostels is good and hygienic. Being a south Indian university, it mainly has south Indian dishes.
- Career Development Cell: The university also provides guidance to its students not only in the educational sphere, but also guides them in getting job opportunities and further studies. This cell identifies the field where the skills and interests lies of the students, so that they can guide them accordingly both in their studies and job opportunities
- Canteen: There is a canteen in the campus which provides delicious food (mainly south Indian), during the university hours. This can be availed by both the students and the teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Classroom: The university has modern and well-equipped classrooms.
MGR Medical University Faculty
With the view to impart medical knowledge to the students, Tamil Nadu MGR medical university has marvelous teaching staff. The faculty members are highly educated and experienced. They provide practical and theoretical lessons to the students during the course, so that when they are in the actual field with patients, they can perform their task with confidence. The Vice-chancellor of this college is Dr. Sudha Seshayyan M. S.
Read more: MGR Medical University Faculty
MGR Medical University FAQs
Ques. What documents are required for admission?
Ans. The documents needed are:
- Marksheet of Class X and XII
- Marksheet of Graduation
- Examination Statement of Marks (+2 Course or Equivalent Examination)
- Degree Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate
Ques. Is the university approved? And where is it located?
Ans. Yes, The Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University is approved by the Medical Council of India. It is located in the city of Chennai (state- Tamil Nadu), 6km from Chennai International and National Airport, and 12 km from the Chennai Railway station.
Ques. Does the University provide any distance learning courses?
Ans. Yes, PG Diploma courses in Health care and health law and refresher courses in diabetology are offered in distance learning programmes. However these courses are not approved by MCI.
Ques. What is the starting date for registration?
Ans. The registration commences from 4th January 2020 till 11th January 2020.
Ques. When does the application for MPT start?
Ans. The candidates can apply online for the MPT course from 16th may 2020 till 22nd may 2020.