Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University was established in 1984 in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. At present, VIT Vellore offers B.Tech, B.Des, B.Arch, BCA, B.Com, B.Sc., BBA, BA, BCHM, M.Tech, MCA, M.Sc, MBA and M.Des courses at UG and PG level in different specializations. VIT University Vellore also offers M.Phil & Ph.D. programs along with M.Tech by Research. Application forms for different courses are available on the official website of VIT.
- Students have to qualify in VITEEE conducted by VIT to get admission to B.Tech and B.Des program.
- B.Des admission is based on a valid score in UCEED although VITEEE passed candidates are not required to take UCEED.
- Admission to B.Arch is done on the basis of NATA score followed by counselling.
- BA, B.Sc, BCA, B.Com and BBA admissions at UG level are offered strictly on merit basis followed by counselling.
- For M.Tech, MCA and M.Tech by Research courses, a valid score in VITMEE is mandatory. Final admission is based on interview.
- CAT/ MAT/XAT/GMAT/ CMAT or NMAT qualified candidates are eligible to apply for MBA program.
- M.Sc and M.Des admission is based on the marks in the last qualifying examination followed by counselling.
- Students looking for admission in M.Phil & Ph.D. courses need to appear for VITREE followed by an interview.
- Those students who have already qualified in CSIR NET or UGC NET or any other national level entrance test will get direct call for interview from the respective department of the university.
|Major Courses||Eligibility||Course Fees||Links|
|B.Tech||Passed 10+2 in PCM with 60% marks||INR 7,83,000/-||Click Here|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree with 60% aggregate marks||INR 7,00,000/-||Click Here|
|B.Sc||Passed 10+2 or Diploma with 70% marks in aggregate||INE 2,93,000/-||Click Here|
|B.Arch||Passed 10+2 with 60% marks||INR 14,28,000/-||Click Here|
|BCA||Passed 10+2 with 70% marks in aggregate||INR 1,67,000/-||Click Here|
Read More: VIT Vellore Fee Structure
VIT University Vellore Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the University||Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University Vellore|
|Type of University||Deemed to be University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||B.Tech: VITEEE+ Counselling|
|B.Des: VITEEE OR UCEED|
|BA/ B.Sc/ BBA/ B.Com/ M.Des/ M.Sc: Merit-Based + Counselling|
|M.Tech/ MCA/ M.Tech by Research/ Int. Ph.D.: VITMEE|
|M.Phil+ Ph.D.: VITREE+ Interview|
|Application Mode||B.Tech: Online and Offline both|
|B.Arch: Online followed by submission at the university office|
|BBA/ BCA/ B.Sc: Offline|
|M.Tech/ MCA: Online|
|M.Sc: Online followed by submission at the university office|
|Reservation||10% relaxation in the qualifying exam for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/ Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura|