Bundelkhand University (BU Jhansi), Jhansi is one of the best universities in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India. The university offers 104 different Professional, Technical, Vocational, and Research Programs. BU Jhansi imparts education through its 40 Institutes/ departments of Higher Learning with some Affiliated Colleges.
Bundelkhand University is well recognized and has received various awards from central and state governments. The university offers numerous UG, PG, and Ph.D. Courses in multiple specializations. Admission to the university is both merit and entrance-based. The application mode for the same is online. Graduates from the university are placed top-notch companies such as Genpact, Eris Lifesciences, Singsys Pvt Ltd, Edubridge India Pvt Ltd, Axis Bank, Just Dial, HDFC Bank, etc.
Check More: Bundelkhand University Reviews
Bundelkhand University Highlights
|Established | Type||1975 | Deemed University|
|Approved by||UGC and AICTE|
|Campus area||186 acres|
|No. of Institutes | Affiliated Colleges||25+ | 330+|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Total Students||Campus: 8000+ | College: 250,000+|
Bundelkhand University Courses
The University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral Courses in the variety of specializations. The university also has 40 Institutes or departments of Higher Learning that offer courses in almost all the streams namely Engineering, Dental, Hospitality, Management, Medical, etc. Tabulated are the details for the same:
|MBA||General||Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks|
|M.Sc||Food Technology||Graduate in B.Sc in a relevant discipline with 45% marks|
|MHM||Hotel Management||Graduation in Hotel Management OR Diploma with 50% marks|
|M.Com||Finance||Graduate in B.Com with 45% marks|
|M.Lib & I.Sc.||Library & Information Science||Graduation in B.Lib.I.Sc with 2nd division|
|MCA||Computer Applications||Graduation in B.Sc Maths/ B.Sc (IT)/ BCA with 50% marks with Maths at 10+2 level|
|BBA (Hons)||General||Intermediate graduate in any discipline with 50% marks|
|LL.B.||Law||Graduation in any discipline with 45% marks|
|BJMC||Mass Communication & Journalism||Intermediate graduate in any discipline|
|B.Com (Hons)||General||Intermediate graduate with Commerce/ Science with Math stream with 45% marks|
|B.A. (Hons)||Economics||Intermediate graduate in any discipline with 40% marks|
|B.Pharm||Pharmacy||Intermediate graduate with Physics & Chemistry along with Maths or Biology/ Comp Sc/ BioTech with 50% marks|
Check: BU Jhansi Fees
Bundelkhand University Admission
Eligible candidates seeking admission in the university can take admission through two categories i.e. through entrance tests and on the basis of merit in the last qualifying examination.
- Students must fill an online application form for admission and submit the same at the University office.
- Pay an application fee of INR 1100 (INR 550 for SC & ST candidates) for entrance-based courses and INR 700 (INR 350 for SC & ST candidates) for merit-based courses.
- Admissions to B.Tech, MCA, BHMCT, B.Pharm, and MBA are made on the basis of UPSEE. The university conducts entrance tests for admission LL.B, B.P.Ed, M.Sc, LL.M, M.Ed. Whereas, for BBA, BCA, B.Sc, B.Com, MA, and BA, admission is offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying degree.
Bundelkhand University B.Tech Cutoff (General Category)
|B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering)||18-57733|
|B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)||3565-10383|
|B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)||4395-28484|
|B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||5035-23717|
|B.Tech (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering)||17355-32532|
|B.Tech (Food Technology)||29398-63026|
Click here: BU Jhansi Admission
Bundelkhand University Result
The result of all entrance tests conducted by Bundelkhand University is uploaded on the university’s admission portal. Candidates can check their result by using their registration number and password. The university announces results for the semester exams conducted by the university for odd and even semesters on their official website. The students need their roll nos. and course info in order to access the results. Follow these steps to check your result:
- Go to the official website of Bundelkhand University.
- Click on the link “Result”.
- Submit the required information and click on “View Result”.
- Your result would appear on the screen.
Read More: BU Jhansi Result
Bundelkhand University Placement
The training and placement cell at the university provides placement opportunities to the students. It organizes pre-placement activities like mock interviews, seminars, workshops, expert talks, conferences to boost confidence among the students for the final placement drive. The cell has the latest technology-enabled with a computer lab for online assessment. BU Jhansi has placed a number of students with various reputed companies and organizations. Some of them are Genpact, Eris Lifesciences, Singsys Pvt Ltd, Edubridge India Pvt Ltd, Axis Bank, Just Dial, HDFC Bank, Tech Mahindra, Azim Premji Foundation, NCL Industries, etc.
Check: BU Jhansi Placement
Bundelkhand University Facilities
Following are some of the facilities being offered by the university to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The Central Library has a rich collection of over 1,48,302 books, 7311 e-journals, 846 volumes, 1893 theses, and 812 CDs.The library has a total of 10 sections including a computer lab.
- Hostels: The university has 2 hostels for girls namelyJhalkari Bai Girls' hostel and the P.G. Women's Hostel that can accommodate 300 and 150 students respectively. The Lord Buddha PG Boys can take in about 150 students approximately. There is a separate hostel for faculty members and research scholars. All the hostels possess ample security, furnishings, power supply, hygienic water, and telephones.
- Computer Center: The departmental computer labs equipped with more than 500 computer systems with an internet facility comprising 1Gbps NKN Link and 45 Mbps backup link.
- Bundelkhand University International Centre: This is the Bundelkhand University International Centre (BUIC) & University Guest House. The accommodation unit of this complex comprises of 4 premium suites and 20 air-conditioned rooms for guests.
- Auditorium & Conference Halls: It organizes conferences, cultural events, symposiums, and seminars are held on a regular basis. It is the most important constituent of the academic calendar of the University. It is located near the Administrative Block which has three halls itself.
Bundelkhand University FAQs
Ques. Can I choose more than one course to apply for admission to BU?
Ans. Yes, you can apply up to five courses offered by BU in an application form.
Ques. Is the Bundelkhand University 2020 eligibility criteria the same for all UG courses?
Ans. The basic criterion to get admission in UG courses is that the person should be 10+2 pass outs. But there will be some changes in the required marks in 10+2. The required percentage depends on the preference of courses.
Ques. How can I mark preference to get admission to the university?
Ans. You can mark your preference, of course, to get admission in the university at the time of filling the admission form.
Ques. How can I revaluate my result of Bundelkhand University?
Ans. In case a student is not satisfied with his/ her result, he/ she can opt for the revaluation of the subject exam. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the university and go to the ‘Examination’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Results’ section.
- Select the ‘Revaluation’ option.
- Fill in the form.
- Submit it at the university campus along with the requisite fee.
Note: Candidates can submit the revaluation form within one week from the declaration of the main results.
Ques. What is the cutoff criteria of the MBA Program at Bundelkhand University?
Ans. The cutoff criteria of the MBA Program at Bundelkhand University is tabulated below:
|MBA in Financial Management||836-3021||3550-4833||6490-6511|
|MBA International Business||2632-4741||5376-5376||-<|
|MBA in Tourism Management||5890-6142||-||-|
Ques. How can I download the syllabus of B.Sc Biotechnology?
Ans. To download the syllabus of B.Sc Biotechnology follows the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Bundelkhand University.
- Go to the ‘Academics’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Syllabi’ tab.
- Download the pdf of B.Sc Biotechnology.
Ques. What are the top colleges of Law in Uttar Pradesh?
Ans. The top colleges of Law in Uttar Pradesh are:
Ques. How are the faculty of the Department of Agriculture of Bundelkhand University?
Ans. The faculty of the Department of Agriculture consists of 9 Assistant Professors, 1 Lecturer, and 1 Professor. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members, the majority of them have long teaching experience and are associated with the institution for many years.
Ques. What is the application fee of NATA 2020?
Ans. Candidates can make payment through online mode (Electronic Payment Gateway) using debit card/ credit card and net banking. There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
|Category||One Attempt||Both the Attempts|
|Unreserved||INR 2,000||INR 3,800|
|SC/ ST||INR 1,700||INR 3,100|
|Exam Center Outside India||INR 10,000||INR 18,000|
Ques. What are the specializations offered in the Ph.D. program by Bundelkhand University?
Ans. Bundelkhand University offers 39 specializations in the Ph.D. program. Some of them are listed below:
|Biochemistry||Forensic Science||Hotel Management and Tourism||Education||Law|