Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi offers 89 specializations across seven courses: they are B.Tech, Dual Degree course, B.Arch, B.Pharm, M.Tech, M,Pharm, and PhD. The application mode is online.
- For admission to B.Tech, the candidate needs to have passed 10+2 in the Science stream with 75% marks. For selection, they have to take the JEE Advanced.
- For admission to the dual degree course, the same criteria are required except that the candidate should take the JEE Advanced.
- Admission to the B.Arch course requires a pass in 10+2 with 50% marks in the Science stream. Selection is based on JEE Advanced.
- For admission to B.Pharm, a 10+2 pass is required.
- The candidates who are seeking admission to the M.Tech course have to take the GATE for selection. The eligibility criterion is a B.Tech degree with 60% marks.
- For admission to M.Pharm, the candidate should have a B.Pharm degree.
- Candidates who are interested in pursuing a PhD from IIT BHU may do so if they have a Master’s degree with 65% marks. For selection, they have to take an entrance test such as the CSIR NET or UGC NET JRF.
IIT BHU has an excellent placement record. In 2019, 773 students were placed, maintaining a placement rate of 71%. The highest domestic package offered was 10.4 million INR, while the highest international package was 15.2 million INR per year. The average package was around 900,000 INR. The computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, and electronics engineering branches saw the maximum placements. Recruiters included EXL, Oracle, Wipro, Tata Steel and DMT.
Founded in 1919 by the freedom fighter Madan Mohan Malaviya as the Banaras Engineering College, this college later became known as the Institute of Technology, BHU before becoming an IIT. A UGC-approved institute, it is an ‘Institute of National Importance’. It has been ranked 11th by NIRF among engineering colleges in India.
IIT BHU Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
B.Tech, B.Pharm and B.Arch: JEE Advanced;