Mangalayatan University (MU), Aligarh is awarded the Excellence in Training & Placement Award by elets Technomedia and Extraordinary Performer 2019” Award by ASMA. The university has a record of providing more than 1000 job offers to students. MU Aligarh offers various degree and research programs in the discipline of Management, Engineering, Mass Communication, Agriculture, etc.
Mangalayatan University Highlights
|Established | University Type||2006 | Private|
|Approved by||NCTE, PCI, BCI, UGC|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ JEE Mains/ GATE/ UGC NET/ CSIR NET
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma & Research|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online & Offline | INR 500|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Google, Axis Bank, Dell, HP, HCL, Infosys, NIIT Technologies, Lava, Indusind, Reliance, RBS, Unison|
|Campus Area||70 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Medical Center, Transportation, etc|
|Location||Extended NCR, 33rd Milestone,
Mathura-Aligarh Highway Beswan,
Aligarh-202145 (U.P) India
Mangalayatan University Awards
- Awarded Most Progressive University of North India.
- “The Most Promising Engineering Institute in Uttar Pradesh” – As Per Ranking 2019 of Jagran New Media.
- Recognized by VWP Worlds Brands, the Admired Brand of Asia.
Departments under Mangalayatan University
Below is the list of schools which run under Mangalayatan University offering a wide variety of courses:
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Institute of Applied Sciences
- Institute of Biomedical Education and Research
- Institute of Business Management
- Institute of Legal Studies & Research
- Faculty of Humanities
Check: MU Aligarh Department
Mangalayatan University Course
MU Aligarh offers various UG, PG and Ph.D. Courses in the discipline of Management, Engineering, Mass Communication, Agriculture, etc. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|Engineering||B.Tech, B.Tech + M.Tech||M.Tech|
|Agriculture||B.Sc||M.Sc (Agronomy, Horticulture)|
|Nursing & Paramedical Sciences||B.Sc||-|
|Management & Commerce||B.Com (Hons), BBA||MBA (Dual Specialization)|
|Tourism & Hotel Management||BHM, B.Voc|
|Law||BA LL.B, LLB||LLM|
|Education & Research||B.Ed, B.A B.Ed, B.Sc B.Ed, B.El.Ed||M.Ed, M.A|
|Arts||B.A, B.A (Hons.)||M.A|
|Library & Information Science||BLIS||MLIS|
MU Aligarh offers B.Tech and M.Tech programs under various specializations.
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for B.Tech is 50% aggregate marks in 10+2.
- For M.Tech programs, graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks is mandatory.
- For B.Tech & M.Tech, valid qualified scores of JEE Mains and GATE/ MUJEE respectively.
In the department of Management, the institution offers BBA and MBA (Dual Specialization).
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for the BBA is 10+2 & MBA program is Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- For MBA, valid qualified scores of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ UPTU/ MUJEE.
MU Aligarh offers the LLB, BA LL.B program at the UG level and LLM program at the PG level.
- For UG program, 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks along with valid scores in MUEE or any other national/ state entrance exam is mandatory.
- For those applying to the LLM program, graduation with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory.
- Valid qualified scores in CLAT/ MUJEE or any other national/ state entrance exam.
MU Ph.D. Courses
MU Aligarh offers Ph.D. in 18 specializations.
- Masters with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the relevant discipline.
- Valid qualified scores in UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ SLET/ GATE/ MUEE is mandatory.
Check: MU Aligarh Courses and Fees
Mangalayatan University Admission
- Visit the official website of the university and click on “Apply Online” link.
- Fill the details and upload the documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 500 through SBI Bank Gateway or by Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit Card.
- Save the ‘’Transaction ID” generated at the time of form submission.
- Fill the application form and attach the relevant documents.
- After form is submitted, an acknowledgment slip would be generated.
- Attach the acknowledgment slip along with the Demand Draft of INR 500 in favor of “Mangalayatan University” payable at “Aligarh” by post to the following address:
The Admission Cell,
Extended NCR, 33rd Milestone,
Mathura-Aligarh Highway Beswan, Aligarh-202145
- Transaction ID can be used to validate the payment transaction.
- Candidates can submit the application form in person at the university campus.
Check: MU Aligarh Admission
Mangalayatan University Placement
The Training and Placement Cell nurtures industry-university interaction by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, in-plant training, and industrial projects. The cell has organized placement opportunities in more than 100 companies in the previous years and nearly 40 have been lined up in the coming year. The students are guided by the departments as to the various job opportunities available to them. Currently, the cell has a group of experienced faculty who constantly provide training to the students as per the required needs of the batch. Special training programs are organized and conducted to provide company-specific employability training.
The following graph depicts the company-wise salary package offered to students:
Check: MU Aligarh Placement
Mangalayatan University Facilities
- Library: The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. Mangalayatan University houses a spacious library, stocked with plenty of journals and thousands of CDs and reports. Mangalayatam University library consists of a Central Library that helps students with providing study material loans and faculties alike have easy access to the course and reference materials through a membership card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls. The hostels also have Mess Committee, Sports Committee, Maintenance Committee, and Cultural Committee so that the students get a chance to involve themselves in the smooth functioning of the hostels.
- Medical Aid: On the campus, there is a student’s Health Care Centre. With a full-time Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, efficient doctors who are always present in the healthcare center.
- Cafeteria: Mangalayatan University has a canteen with a great sitting capacity, with a very chill environment, where tea/coffee and various snack options are available. On the other hand, the canteen serves veg meals to their students/staff members.
- Computer Labs: Mangalayatan University recognizes the key role that IT plays in teaching as well as research. The state-of-art computer centers that provide computing facilities comprising of the latest computer machines linked to a wide range of software, communication, and print services.
- Laboratories: There are laboratories available in the university for students of the pharmacy department.
Check: MU Aligarh Hostel Fees
Mangalayatan University Faculty
MU Aligarh has a 170+ strong faculty led by 11 former Vice-Chancellors, former Chairman of UGC and Vice Chairman of AICTE. Many of them are with Advanced Degrees (Masters & Doctoral) from the IIT’s, NIT’s, Top US Universities and other high-quality institutions. The faculty is known for its leadership in education. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members, the majority of them have a long teaching experience and are associated with the institution for many years. Leading corporate professionals, as visiting faculty, share rich industry experience.
Check: MU Aligarh Faculty
Mangalayatan University FAQs
Ques. Does the university provide education loans?
Ans. Yes, you can get an Education Loan from any bank provided you fulfill their eligibility criteria. Mangalayatan University has a tie-up with Punjab National Bank for priority processing of loans for its students but the whole process remains an affair between you and the bank. The university is not liable for the same.
Ques. If the student has given AIEEE/ UPTU last year would he/she be eligible?
Ans. AIEEE and UPTU scores are valid only for one year. Students can appear in MUJEE in case their AIEEE/ UPTU scores are invalid.
Ques. What is the procedure for Summer Training/ Internship?
Ans. Summer Training is scheduled in the month of June. B-Tech students undergo 6 weeks of training after the 6th semester. B-Tech Biotech/ Pharma students undergo 4 weeks of training after the 6th semester. MBA students undergo 4 - 6 weeks of summer training after 2nd semester depending upon the curriculum. Journalism students undergo 4 weeks of training after 4th semester. DAHTM students undergo 4 weeks of training after completion of the course.
Ques. Does the MU Aligarh provide distance education?
Ans. Yes, the university offers distance education in the discipline of Management, Commerce, Information Technology and Arts.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for Diploma Courses?
Ans. The university offers Diploma Courses in the discipline of Polytechnic, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Hotel Management, Nursing & Paramedical Sciences, Visual & Performing Arts. Minimum eligibility to apply for admission is 45% aggregate marks along with valid scores in MUJEE followed by PI.