Graphic Era University (GEU), formerly known as Graphic Era Institute of Technology, is one of the leading universities in developing India as it has become a popular university in a concise span of time. It has also been ranked 104th by the NIRF in 2019 rankings. The university offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral programs in streams like Engineering, Management, Computer Application, Humanities & Social Sciences, Commerce, Life Sciences, Hotel management, and Hospitality. Among these the most popular courses are B.Tech, B.Sc, and B.E.
- Students Graduated with MBA degree in 2019 got placed in Square Yards (a technology-enabled transaction platform operating the real estate aggregation and transactions) with a good salary package ranging between 10-16 LPA.
- 8 students got a package of 16.27 LPA, 2 students were able to grasp 15.52 LPA and 4 students managed to get 10.45 LPA as their salary package.
- Other top-recruiters who participate in GEU placements are Adobe, IBM, TATA Consultancy Services, Wipro, HSBC, ZeeNews, Yamaha, Vivo, TechMaindra, etc.
- Students get a wide exposure for their careers through these reputed companies.
Graphic Era University Highlights
|Established | University type||1993 | Deemed to be University|
|Governing Body||Graphic Era Educational Society|
|Recognized by||UGC, AICTE, AIU|
|Accredited by||NAAC 'A' Grade NBA, New Delhi|
|Total no. of Alumni||17,849|
|Courses offered||BBA, B.Sc, M.Sc, MBA, B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D., etc. | UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Accepted exam scores||JEE, GATE, MAT, CAT, XAT, NET, and SLET|
|Application Mode | Fee||Online and Offline | INR 1,200|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Wipro, Infosys Technologies, Samsung Software Labs, etc.|
|Official website | Contact number||https://www.geu.ac.in/ | +911352643421|
Graphic Era University Ranking
- Ranked 1st among top private in Uttarakhand survey by Dainik Bhaskar.
- Ranked 8th among top private institutions in India as per all India survey by Dainik Bhaskar.
- Listed among Top 30 Institutions in India by IBM TGMC 2011.
Graphic Era University Courses
The University offers several academic programs organized in faculties of Engineering & Technology, Management, Computer Applications, Commerce, Biotechnology, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Allied Sciences. Courses offered in these faculties are:
|Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biotechnology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Allied Sciences.|
|Management||BBA, MBA, and Ph.D.|
|Computer Application||B.Sc (IT), BCA, M.Sc, MCA, MCA Lateral, and Ph.D.|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||BA|
|Life Science||B.Sc (Hons.) Microbiology, M.Sc Microbiology, and Ph.D.|
|Hotel Management and Hospitality||BHM, MHM, Ph.D.M, and Certificate Course in Food Production and Bakery|
Read More: GEU Fee Structure
Graphic Era University Admissions
Admission to the university is through the Entrance exam. The exam varies from course to course and applicants are shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in these entrance exams.
- B. Tech admission is based on marks in 10+2 or JEE Main score.
- Admission to Ph.D. is granted on the basis of GATE/ NET/ SLET scores or written test followed by an interview.
- Candidates can apply in both online and offline mode for admission.
- Admission to B.Tech programs of GEU is based on merit prepared as per the percentage of 10+2 level and JEE Main Score.
- Admission to MBA is granted on the basis of CAT/ MAT/ XAT score followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- M.Tech admissions are also granted on the basis of GATE score.
Read More: GEU Admissions
Graphic Era University Placements
The industry also realizes and accepts the vision of GEU, and this is amply reflected in the list of organizations that recruit GEU students. Some of the regular recruiters include Infosys, Accenture, Wipro, Samsung, Ashok Leyland, Satguru International, TCS, IBM, ICICI, HDFC, Investor’s Clinic, Britannia, Axis Bank, HSBC, ITC, PepsiCo and many more. GEU students are regularly getting selected in top Indian PSUs including HPCL, ONGC, BARC, ISRO, Indian railways through GATE. Some of the recent placement stats has been given in the following table:
|Students with multiple offers||2,400+|
|Companies visited in the running year||200+|
|Highest Package||INR 55 Lacs Per Annum|
|Average Package||INR 5.08 Lacs Per Annum|
GEU has trained and placed over 12000+ students in over 500+ national and international organizations. The NIRF 2019 report shows the median salary offered to students of GEU, No. of students placed, and No. of students actually graduated. Below data shows UG and PG stats of placements from the past three academic years:
The median salary offered to Undergraduate students ranges between 3-3.25 LPA whereas the median salary offered to Postgraduate students fluctuates between 3-4 LPA. No. of students graduated is not always equal to no. of students placed, here is where the placement rate is calculated but there are situations where students opt for higher studies and do not participate in the placement process. In the table below are the stats for the same:
|Year||No. of Students Graduated||No. of Students Placed||No. of Students Opted for Higher Studies|
GEU graduates have been readily accepted by leading companies like Accenture, Wipro, Infosys Technologies, Samsung Software Labs, Syntel India Ltd., I- Flex, L&T InfoTech Ltd., HCL Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services, Impetus, Nucleus Software, Polaris Labs, Assurgent Technologies, Perot Systems, IBM, Tech Mahindra ltd., Sapient Corporation, Inter Globe Technologies, Indian Army, Indian Navy, Altria group, etc. These core sectors are critical to the foundation of the Indian economy today.
Read More: GEU Placements
Graphic Era University Facilities
|Library||The library of the university contains a number of technical books, periodicals, video films, magazines, and other national, and international publications. The students can also access to above 1200 National & International journals and numerous publications using the Digital library of the institute. The sitting capacity is about 300.|
|Hostel||The university has separate hostels for girls and boys. These hostels are situated inside the university campus. The capacity of the hostels is over 800 students.|
|Conference Halls||The university has four conference halls with air conditioning, adjustable lighting, Audio-Video facility, muted air conditioning, LCD projectors and a “U” shaped seating capacity for the audiences.|
|Guest House||The university has a guest house of its own. It has 12 AC and Non-AC rooms inside it. The guest house is situated in the campus.|
Graphic Era University
Graphic Era Educational Society has 2 Universities & 3 campuses In Uttarakhand
Graphic Era University Awards
The university has received the under-mentioned awards,
- President of Graphic Era group, Prof. Dr. Kamal Ghanshala received the Visionary Edupreneur of India award 2017 for his exemplary work in the field of higher education by former President of India - Mr. Pranab Mukherjee.
- Graphic Era University has been conferred with the ESQR’s Quality Choice Prize 2016, at Berlin in Germany.
- The university has received the prestigious award for “Education Excellence” by Indus Foundation, the USA for the year 2012. The university has received this award at the Indo Global Summit, Hyderabad.
- The President of the university has received the esteemed Uttarakhand Samman Award for the year 2009.
- The university is now associated with IBM. The university is participating in “The Great Mind Challenge” from the year 2005 in which both the institutions were associated.
Graphic Era University Scholarship
The university has introduced the Gyan Jyoti Scholarship for its students. The university awards scholarship up to Rs. 60,000/- per student per year to three top-performing students based on their academic performance semester-wise. 10% additional waiver on net tuition fee for girl candidates.
Graphic Era University FAQ
Ques. Is Graphic University a blacklisted University?
Ans. Graphic Era University was once listed in the blacklisted universities of India. But now it is not. In 2006, the government blacklisted 44 universities including Graphic Era University in Uttrakhand. The university soon was accredited by NAAC in 2015, so it leaves no doubt now. Since GEU is NAAC accredited it is no more a blacklisted university.
Ques. Does University has any international collaborations?
Ans. The university has industrial collaborations with leading organizations from various industries. GEU has tie-ups with BHEL, DRDO, FICCI Proceedings, Infosys, BSNLs, etc. The visiting faculty of the university are from prestigious companies such as TCS, NISG, British Oxygen Company, ONGC, BHEL, IBM, etc.
Ques. Which is best? UPES or Graphic Era?
Ans. Graphic Era University, Dehradun is comparatively good than UPES.
- GEU has the best CS department. Graphic era university (GEU) is on the first rank in Uttarakhand.
- GEU is located at Clement Town, Dehradun. Nearly 1.5 km from ISBT and 8 km from Railway Station. Students from various places even from abroad takes admission to GEU.
- The best part of GEU is that all the departments of all courses are separate, which will help during the placement and training process.
- The placement of CS is 100%. Big IT companies like Infosys, Wipro, IBM, TCS, Dell & Technology, etc visit GEU to intern students in the second or last semester.
Talking about UPES, the Btech Petroleum branch is the only branch that is good.