- The Govt of West Bengal, Department of Higher Education has released a notice stating that the state-aided universities and affiliated colleges will be reopening the UG admission portal to invite fresh applicants for the 2020-2021 semester 1 admission.
- Calcutta University may soon reopen its UG admission portal (if seats available) to invite fresh applicants. Last date for the Calcutta University UG admission 2020 application process will be October 30, 2020.
- The University of Calcutta, Faculty of Law, on September 16, 2020, extended the BA LLB application process date. Applicants now can register themselves for the BA LLB 2020 admissions till October 8, 2020.
- Calcutta University has also announced dates for MBA and MBA HRD admissions for the 2020 session. The dates for admission in October are 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, and 21. Dates in the month of November for the admission are 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, and 11.
- The admissions for B.Tech. 2020 has been started from September 10, 2020, based on the WBJEE 2020. There will be 3 rounds of seat allotment. The dates for seat allotment of rounds by WBJEE are August 31, 2020, September 24, 2020, and October 19, 2020.
- Admissions for B.Sc (Hons.), Human Development and Food & Nutrition Department has started. The 4th Selection Provisional List has already been released by the Calcutta University on September 24, 2020, with the admission date from September 25 to September 28, 2020. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd selection provisional lists were released on September 4, 2020, September 14, 2020, and September 18, 2020, respectively.
Calcutta University Admission Dates 2020
|Opening of UG Admission portal||August 10, 2020|
|Display of UG Merit List||August 28, 2020|
|Starting of UG Admissions||September 1, 2020|
|Opening date for UG Home Science application form||August 17, 2020|
|Last date for UG Home Science application form||August 25, 2020|
|B.Tech Entrance Exam WBJEE-2020||February 2, 2020|
|Declaration of WBJEE-2020 result||August 7, 2020,|
|1st Round of Seat allotment via WBJEE||August 31, 2020|
|2nd Round of Seat allotment via WBJEE||September 24, 2020|
|2nd Round of Seat allotment via WBJEE||October 19, 2020|
|Starting of B.Tech Admission||September 10, 2020|
|Last Date for B.Tech Admission||To be Notified|
|Starting Date to apply for BA LLB||June 30, 2020|
|Last Date to apply for BA LLB||October 8, 2020|
|Last date to apply for MBA 2020||June 30, 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form for Ph.D. in Chemical Technology||September 21, 2020|
|Entrance Test (through online) for Ph.D. in Chemical Technology||September 28, 2020|
|Publication of List of successful Candidates for Ph.D. in Chemical Technology||To be Notified|
|Interview (through online) for Ph.D. in Chemical Technology||October 6, 2020|
|Interview date for selection of candidates for Ph.D. Mathematics||September 15, 2020, to September 19,2020|
|Declaration of merit list for Ph.D. Bengali 2020||September 14, 2020|
|Opening of application form for Ph.D. Genetics 2020||August 17, 2020|
|Last date of form filling||August 28, 2020|
|List of candidates eligible for the Entrance exam of Ph.D. Genetics 2020||August 29, 2020|
|The entrance exam for Ph.D. Genetics||September 1, 2020|
|Declaration of students selected for an interview for a Ph.D. Genetics||September 7, 2020|
|Declaration of the result of the entrance exam, for Ph.D. Genetics 2020||September 3, 2020|
|Declaration of merit list for Ph.D. Genetics 2020||September 12, 2020|
|The last date to apply for Ph.D. Mathematics||August 31, 2020|
|Ph.D. Entrance test for Mathematics||September 7, 2020|
|Declaration of the list of qualified candidates for a Ph.D. Mathematics||September 8, 2020|
|Completion of the admission process for UG 2020||October 30, 2020|
Calcutta University offers various UG, PG, Research and Diploma level programs in different specializations. Application form can be filled online or offline on payment of the application fee through SBI Collect or Challan. Calcutta University offers admission in these courses under two categories, i.e. Category ‘A’ for CU Candidates and Category ‘B’ for Non-CU candidates. The admission under ‘A’ and ‘B’ categories is granted over 60% and 40% seats respectively.
- Those students who have completed their Graduation from the Autonomous colleges of CU will be considered under Category ‘A’ for all the current year admission.
- Non-CU candidates and those who have completed their Graduation from CU in the preceding year will be treated in Category ‘B’.
- B.Tech admission is based on the score in WBJEE conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) followed by counselling.
- The university conducts its own entrance exam followed by an interview at its College Street Campus and Alipore campus to offer admission in M.Tech, M.Ed., LL.M, M.Sc and M.Sc (Ag.) programs.
- For some selected specialization in M.Tech, a valid GATE score is required. Apart from GATE score, for M.Tech in Pharmaceuticals & Fine Chemical Technology, a good GPAT score will be considered.
- At PG level, MA, M.Com and M.Li.Sc admission will be granted on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination. CAT or MAT qualified candidates are eligible to apply for MBA course.
- At UG level, the admission to BA, B.Sc & B.Com programs is based on marks in the qualifying degree while admission to B.Li.Sc, Integrated B.Li.Sc and BA-LL.B programs is based on Admission Test conducted by the university.
- M.Phil & Ph.D. admission is based on the score in Research Entrance Test (RET) followed by an Interview. CSIR/ UGC NET-JRF qualified candidates will be exempted from RET.
Note: Students must note that for any entrance or merit-based admission, 60% seats (to be filled through merit) are reserved for CU candidates and 40% seats (to be filled through admission test) are reserved for Non-CU candidates.
Also, check Calcutta University Fee Structure.
Calcutta University Admission Highlights
|Name of the University||Calcutta University|
|Type of the University||State University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||
University Entrance+ Interview: M.Tech, MA, M.Sc, M.Ed, LL.M
Merit-Based: MA, M.LiSc, B.Ed
M.Phil/ Ph.D: RET+ Interview
MBA: CAT/ MAT
|Application Mode||Both Online & Offline|
|Counselling||Counselling by WBJEEB for B.Tech course|