Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University (SOA), Bhubaneswar is 20th in the University category, 34th in the Engineering category, 23rd in Medical Colleges by MHRD NIRF India Rankings 2020. SOA offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in the discipline of Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, etc.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Highlights
|Established | University Type||2007 | Deemed to be University|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ grade, NBA & ICAR|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ JEE Main/ GPAT/ GATE/ NEET/ CLAT
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D|
|Top Recruiters||Cognizant, Infosys, IBM, Wipro, Bosch, Amazon, Asian Paints, Deloitte, HCL, Nestle|
|Admission Helpdesk||090400 03290|
J-15, Khandagiri Marg,
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Rankings
- Swachh Campus - Ranked 3rd Nationally
- Ranked Internationally by Times Higher Education the World University Rankings 2020.
- Ranked 29th amongst Indian Institutes in the 601-800 ranking bracket for Engineering Programs.
- Granted with Graded Autonomy status by UGC.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Courses
SOA Bhubaneswar offers UG, PG & Doctoral courses in the discipline of Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, etc. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category candidates)|
|BCA||10+2 or equivalent in any stream|
|B.Sc Nursing (Basic)||
|B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic)||Passed GNM and registered with concerned State Nursing Council|
|B.Pharm||10+2 in English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology|
|BHMCT||10+2 examination in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates)|
|BA LLB (Hons.), BBA LLB (Hons.)||10+2 examination in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates)|
|B.Sc in Agriculture||10+2 examination in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)|
|M.Tech||B.E/ B.Tech or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|MBA||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates)|
|LLM||LLB or Integrated Law with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|MBBS||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Ph.D||Graduation with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (55% for reserved category candidates)|
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission
- All students are required to apply & appear for the Siksha O Anusandhan Admissions Test (SAAT) or equivalent qualifying exams.
- Separate merit list for all qualifying candidates shall be prepared on the basis of SAAT.
- Online/ Offline counseling will be done based on the merit and preference of the candidate.
- Candidates will be selected through the counseling for a course.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of the following exams:
- Candidates applying for UG and PG courses in the discipline of Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, Law, Hotel Management, Agriculture, Management will be selected on the basis of SAAT.
- Other acceptable exams for UG and PG courses are as follows:
|Course||Entrance Test||Read more|
|Engineering||JEE Main||Click here|
|Medical and Dental||NEET||Click here|
Check: SOA Bhubaneswar Admission
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Placement
The Training and Placement Cell of SOA mainly focuses on three aspects of career such as guiding the students for Placement and subsequent career, Higher Education and Entrepreneurship. The cell takes care of the holistic development of students with three inclusive activities such as Career Mentoring in form of continuous guidance and Profiling of Students, Aptitude Training, Reasoning Skills, Enhancing Functional Subject Knowledge, General Awareness, Industry Orientation, Soft Skills, Group Discussion and Personal Interview Skills.
Top Recruiters of SOA: Cognizant, Infosys, IBM, Wipro, Bosch, Amazon, Asian Paints, Deloitte, HCL, Nestle, Mahindra, Oyo, Racetrack, Tech Mahindra, Tata Consultancy Services, Microsoft, Hexaware, etc.
Check: SOA Bhubaneswar Placement
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University FAQs
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for admissions?
Ans. The reservation criteria for admissions are as follows:
- 15% and 7.5% seats in all programs are reserved respectively for candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe by birth.
- OBC candidates are only eligible for mark relaxation.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically handicapped (PH) candidates for admission to engineering & technology/ Medical/ Dental/ MBA / MCA/ HMCT/ Pharmacy/ Nursing/ Law/ Biotechnology/ Agriculture courses and candidates are eligible to be considered under Physically Handicapped Category for admission to these courses.
- 30% of seats under each category for all the programs (except for MBBS and BDS courses) are reserved for women candidates.
- No reservation norms are applicable for lateral entry admissions.
Ques. Does SOA Bhubaneswar provide scholarships?
Ans. Yes, SOA provides scholarships on the basis of merit to selected students. To know more, click here
Ques. What is SAAT?
Ans. Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test (SAAT) is a national level entrance test conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Deemed to be University. The test is being conducted for different programs offered in constituent institutes/ schools of the university. The test is primarily a multiple-choice type written test and the standard of the test is comparable with another national level entrance test. Shortlisted candidates will be called to attend counseling for admission into various programs of the university.
Ques. Can I get admission based on the entrance test alone?
Ans. Depending on the admission criteria, the admission will be based on merit in the entrance test or marks in the qualifying examination. However, all candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.