Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University (SRMU) was set up in Lucknow by UP State Government Act 1 of the year 2012. SRMU is spread across 100 acres of sprawling lush green pollution free campus. The University is Approved by University Grants Commission (UGC), Bar Council of India (BCI) and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). It is also a proud member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
SRMU gives students a wide spectrum to choose Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programs in Engineering, Bio-Technology, Management, Commerce, Computer Applications, Journalism and Mass Communication, Legal studies, Basic Sciences and Humanities, Education and Research.
To know more about SRMU Application Process
SRMU Courses and Eligibility
SRMU Undergraduate Courses Eligibility
The University offers B.A., B.Arch., LL.B, BCA, B. Tech, B.Sc., BBA, B.Com. (Hons.) and B.Ed. programs at the Undergraduate level. The minimum eligibility to apply is 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with minimum required marks. Selection will be based on the marks secured in qualifying entrance exam.
- Selection to B. Arch program will be on the basis of marks secured in NATA Entrance Exam.
- Admission to B. Tech program requires the candidate to pass JEE Main/ UPSEE.
- For BBA and LLB courses, candidates should have English as a compulsory subject in 10+2.
- Candidates applying to LL. B/ B.Ed. programs must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any subject with at least 50% marks.
SRMU Postgraduate Courses Eligibility
SRMU offers M.A., M. Tech, M.Sc., MCA, MBA, LL.M and MSW in several specializations at the Postgraduate level. Candidates applying to Postgraduate programs must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field or an equivalent qualification with a minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA to be eligible to apply for these programs. For M. Tech, M. Sc and MCA program, candidates must hold Bachelor’s degree in B.E./B. Tech, B.Sc. and BCA programs.
- Admission to M. Tech program is done on the basis of the marks scored in GATE exam and Personal Interview.
- Admission to MBA program is done on the basis of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT entrance exam.
- To apply to LL.M program a candidate must pass CLAT (Common Law Admission Test).
SRMU Integrated Courses Eligibility
The University offers B. Tech + M. Tech, B. Tech + MBA, B.A. LL.B, BBA LL.B and B.Com. LL.B integrated programs to the candidates. Selection to these programs will be on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination and personal interview.
B. Tech + M. Tech/ B. Tech + MBA
Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry Mathematics and/or Biology as mandatory subjects to apply to these programs.
B.A. LL.B/ BBA LL.B/ B.Com. LL.B
The applicant must pass 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Central/ State Board in any relevant discipline.
SRMU M. Phil and Ph.D. Courses Eligibility
The SRMU offers Full-time/ Part-time Ph.D. program to the candidates. The applicant must hold a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution.
- All eligible Ph.D. aspirants will be called to appear in Research Aptitude Test (RAT). The qualifying marks for the Ph.D. entrance test (RAT) are at least 50%.
- The candidates who have passed RAT examination/ qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ GATE/ Teacher fellowship or have passed M. Phil program will be called for interview by Faculty Research Degree Committee of the University.
Click here to check SRMU Courses and Fees Structure
SRMU has an integrated and dedicated Training and Placement Department. The Complete Career Building Program (CCBP) works under SDP cell throughout the year to enhance the employability of the students and to provide them a winning edge over others. The focus is on student's development, English communication (both written and oral), Computer skills, Group Discussion Techniques, Mock personal interviews, subject knowledge and confidence building.
Check here SRMU Placement
SRMU Ranking and Awards
- Ranked 15th among top Private Universities in India by India Today – Nielsen Survey, 2017
- Ranked 6th among emerging Private Institute in Insia by OMS – Times Engineering Survey
- Ranked 7th among emerging B-Schools in India by OMS – Times B-School Survey
- Awarded as Best Innovative University by ASSOCHAM
- Awarded as top Private Institute in JagranJosh Ranking, 2017
- Awarded as top Private B-School in JagranJosh Ranking, 2017
- Awarded for “Excellence in Eduction” – Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand by Time of India Group
The University provides Performance-Based Scholarship to encourage students to excel their academic performance on the basis of their merit in their respective course/ programs offered by the University.
Academic Collaborations of SRMU
- Indian Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs – Gurgaon
- Regenesys Business School – South Africa
- University of Western Sydney (for Internships)
Why Join Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University (SRMU), Lucknow?
- Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University is the only University in India established and governed by two IIT Gold medalists. The promoters are strengthened by 14 years of hands-on experience in administering reputed Engineering and Management colleges of the SRMGPC group.
- The University takes pride in recruiting distinguished faculty from best institutes like – IIT, IIM, MNNIT and IIT-BHU.
- The aim is to Infuse a sense of personal pride, honesty and integrity, to develop world citizens who can withstand the trials of time and adversity, create leaders who can make a place for themselves wherever they go and Encourage students to take part in social welfare activities and to ignite a sense of responsibility towards the society and environment.