Indian Institute of Management Nagpur or popularly known as IIM Nagpur is one of the 20 IIMs located in India. The institute currently offers a 2-year post-graduate program in management under various specializations. Admission is done on the basis of score obtained in the competitive level examination namely CAT and GMAT. The average salary package offered to students is INR 12.42 LPA and the highest salary package offered 20 LPA to date.
- The cut-off of IIM Nagpur ranges between 90-95 percentile.
- The placement rate of the institute is 100%.
IIM Nagpur Highlights
|Established | Type||2015 | Autonomous University|
|Type of Program||Post-graduate program|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Accepted exam score||CAT and GMAT|
|Top recruiters||Deloitte, Mapro, TVS Credit, Jio Studios, Sutherland|
|Official Website | Contact||https://www.iimnagpur.ac.in |7127102356|
IIM Nagpur Courses
Indian Institute of Management Nagpur (IIMN) offers Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP).
- Duration: 2 years
The program aims to create leaders, managers, and entrepreneurs with strong conceptual foundations and analytical meticulousness ingrained in a sound understanding of the socio-economic context.
Read More: IIM Nagpur Fees
IIM Nagpur Admission Criteria
The institute only offers a 2-year residential post-graduate program in management. Both domestic, as well as international candidates, can take admission in the course subject to their eligibility criteria. For admission in IIM Nagpur PGP, the candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- For Indian Candidates: Graduation with 55% marks in any discipline with a valid CAT score
- For Overseas Candidates: Graduation with 50% marks and a valid GMAT score with a minimum score of 650
Read More: IIM Nagpur Admissions
IIM Nagpur Cut off
The institute enrolls candidates on the basis of score obtained in the CAT or GMAT exam. Tabulated below are the minimum CAT score required for admission in IIM Nagpur PGP:
|Category||Total Seats||Verbal Ability||Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||Overall|
|DAP (Horizontal Reservation across categories)||7||40||40||40||55|
Know more: IIM Nagpur Cutoff
IIM Nagpur Reservation
Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-NC (Non-Creamy) and PwD candidates has been made according to the rules of Govt of India.
- 15% of the seats for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates
- 27% for Other Backward Classes candidates
- 10% for students from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)
- 5% for Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
- 4 seats further reserved for EWS (Economically Weaker Section) as per the norms and criteria prepared by IIM Nagpur
IIM Nagpur Scholarships
The management institute offers a number of scholarships to deserving and meritorious students. Given below are the details for the same:
- Special Need-Based Scholarship: This scholarship is provided to students on the basis of their annual family income. It will be provided in the form of a fee waiver up to an amount of INR 7 lakh based on financial credentials.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: This scholarship is provided for professional and technical courses. It includes categories like Scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities and SC students.
Apart from these, various state governments like Jharkhand and Maharashtra offer Chief Minister Fellowship Yojana and Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship for SC students respectively.
Note: Students can also avail the facility of education loan provided by a number of banks like Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India, etc.
Check: IIM Nagpur Scholarship
IIM Nagpur Placement
The placement cell of the institute organizes various industry connect activities like mock interviews, expert talks, seminars, workshops, etc. It helps the students to make an informed decision regarding their job interests. The institute invites a number of reputed companies or organizations for job offers. Students have been placed in sectors like Finance, General Management, Marketing, Sale, Operations, etc. The following graph shows the number of offers accepted from each sector:
Placement Highlights 2017-19
|Highest CTC||INR 20 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 12.40 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 12 LPA|
|Top 50% Average CTC||INR 14.03 LPA|
|Highest Stipend||INR 2.50 Lacs|
|Average Stipend||INR 57.9K|
The prominent recruiters of the institute include names like Deloitte, Mapro, TVS Credit, Jio Studios, Sutherland, Coffee Day Beverages, Amul, Yes Bank, Olx, TCS, Blue Star, Crisil, Bharat Petroleum, GroupM, etc.
Read more: IIM Nagpur Placement
About IIM Nagpur
Indian Institute of Management Nagpur (IIM Nagpur) is currently located in the VNIT Nagpur campus. It is established in the year 2015 and IIM Ahmedabad (IIMA) is the mentor institute of IIM Nagpur. It is located in the western part of the city. It is 7 Km from Nagpur Railway Station and 6.5 Km from Nagpur Airport. The campus is rich with state-of-the-art classrooms to facilitate the learning process of the students. The institute is also a member of The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB) to create great leaders.
IIM Nagpur Faculty
Listed below is a brief about the faculty members at the Institute:
- Dr. Atul Arun Pathak
- Qualifications: B.E., PGDM, and FPM
- Contributions: Published more than 14 research papers and 12 conferences in journals of national and international repute
- Dr. Gunjan Tomar
- Qualifications: B.Tech and FPM
- Contributions: Published 9 papers in international conferences; 4 papers in national journals
- Dr. Kapil Kaushik
- Qualifications: B.Tech and FPM
- Research Interests: Customer Engagement at Digital Platforms, Sports Sponsorship, E-Commerce
- Dr. Kinshuk Saurabh
- Qualifications: B.E., M.Sc, and FPM
- Contributions: Presented various papers in national and international conferences such as International Corporate Governance
- Dr. L.S. Murty
- Qualifications: B.Tech and Fellow at IIM-A
- Contributions: Published more than 20 papers in reputed journals and conferences
Know more: IIM Nagpur Faculty
Analysis of IIM Nagpur, Amritsar, Visakhapatnam, Bodhgaya, and Sirmaur
|Placement CTC||Average: INR 12.42 LPA
Highest: INR 20 LPA
|Median: INR 12 LPA Highest: 22 LPA||Average: INR 10.9 LPA Highest: 24 LPA||Average: INR 9 LPA Highest: 16 LPA||Median: INR 12 LPA Highest: INR 21 LPA|
|Course/ Courses||PGP||PGP, PGP-DGM, PGPEX||PGP||MBA and FPM||PGP|
|Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More|
IIM Nagpur FAQs
Ques. If I am a resident of Nagpur, is it compulsory to stay in IIM Nagpur Hostel?
Ans. As per the guidelines of IIM Nagpur, it is mandatory for every student to stay in the hostel. The hostel provides facilities at global standards which include state-of-the-art furniture, recreation room, fitness center/ gym, games, and sports, washing machine, etc. It provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals to students in the dining hall.
Ques. What is the fee structure for PGP at IIM Nagpur?
Ans. The fee structure for domestic students is INR 12.5 Lakhs for two years for the program. The fee structure for SAARC candidates is USD 20,000 whereas, for other students, it is USD 30000. It excludes all other charges like caution deposit, mess deposit, etc. You can check more details about the fee structure of IIM Nagpur here.
Ques. I have appeared for CAT 2018, am I eligible for applying to PGP 2019-21 at IIM Nagpur as an overseas candidate?
Ans. No, the management institute does not accept the score in the CAT exam for overseas candidates. For admission to PGP, you must have a valid GMAT score with a minimum score of 650. If the score is before January 2014, it will be considered invalid and your admission will be rejected. It should be kept in mind that the candidate must be Indian or foreign nationals living or studying outside for at least 18 months.