Master of Science [M.Sc] (Computer Science)
Field of Study:
- MSc computer science at McGill University allows students to complete this course in 1.5 years.
- Students must have to complete 45 credits successfully.
- This program is offered in coursework and research-based.
- This program combines a strong course like programming languages, quantum computing, theory of computation component with a research thesis.
- The students to faculty ratio for this program is 16:1.
- The School of Computer Science at McGill University is one of the leading teaching and research centers for computer science in Canada.
- This program is designed for students with a strong interest in research in computer science.
- The career/job opportunities after this program are Computer Hardware Engineer, Computer Network Architect, Database Administrator, Information Security Analyst, Computer System Analyst, Web Developer, etc.
- The average salary after this program 82,500 USD.
|fall||Mar 1, 2021|
|Scholarship Deadline||Jan 21, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor's degree with coursework in Computer Science.
- GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The minimum requirements are an overall average of 60% in each year, as well as in all prerequisite subjects. Subjects must include mathematics, and two of biology, chemistry or physics in Class 11 and 12.
- GPA of 3.0/4.0 [B Grade].
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Followings are the required document:
- Official Transcripts: Students have to submit a copy of their original transcripts.
- Letters of Reference: Students have to submit two letters of recommendation.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL or other test scores.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
VISA & Work Study
- International applicants who are applying for a Canadian student visa are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa or ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Students need these documents for student visa application:
- Proof of Acceptance
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Financial Support
- Work while studying International students on the study visa are still able to work 20 hours/week.
- Students can work part-time up to 20 hours a week combined on-campus and off-campus work during an academic session and full-time during a regularly scheduled break.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/job opportunities after MSc Computer Science:
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Network Architect
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer System Analyst
- Web Developer
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2020|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|M.Sc Computer Science (Project Option)||full time||1.5 years||on-campus||$14368|