GPAT 2022- NTA has announced GPAT 2022 Result on May 20. Candidates can check their result online at gpat.nta.nic.in using their login ID and password. NTA has also released the scorecard for the exam conducted on April 9. Candidates can download their GPAT 2022 Scorecard through the candidate login. Out of the total 53302 registered candidates, 50508 candidates had appeared for GPAT 2022. NTA will also release GPAT Cut off soon. Candidates who qualify the cut off will be eligible to participate in the counselling process. Check GPAT Cut Off
The final GPAT 2022 Answer Key are yet to be released. Candidates can meanwhile download the provisional GPAT 2022 Answer Key along with the official question paper from the candidate login using their application number and password. Objections in GPAT 2022 Answer Key could be raised till May 2, 2022 by paying a fee of INR 200 per question. Check GPAT 2022 Answer Key
What is GPAT? Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test, GPAT is a national level entrance exam conducted for candidates seeking admission in M.Pharm programs. GPAT is conducted and managed by the NTA every year and based on the valid GPAT scores candidates become eligible for the admission process to over 800 GPAT participating colleges. GPAT 2022 will be conducted at various Exam Centers across India. GPAT Exam Scores are valid for 3 years. As per GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern, for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded while for an incorrect answer -1 mark will be deducted. To understand GPAT 2022 exam Pattern and the type of questions asked in the exam, candidates are advised to download GPAT Practice Papers. There will be a total of 125 multiple-choice objective-type questions, which will carry a total of 500 marks. Questions asked in GPAT 2022 are usually based on graduate-level B.Pharma topics. Check GPAT 2022 Syllabus.
Table of Contents
Highlights of GPAT 2022
|Exam Name||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Exam Conducting Authority||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Cycle of Examination||Annually|
|Mode of Application||Online only|
|Date of Exam||April 9, 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based i.e. Online|
|Courses Offered||M.Pharma/ Integrated PhD|
GPAT 2022 Exam Dates
|GPAT 2022 Application Form Release Date|| |
February 16, 2022
|Last day for GPAT 2022 Registration|| |
March 17, 2022
|Last Date to pay GPAT 2022 Application Fee||March 18, 2022|
|GPAT 2022 Form Correction||March 19 to 21, 2022|
|Availability of GPAT 2022 Admit Card||April 6, 2022|
|GPAT 2022 Exam Date|| |
April 9, 2022 (9 AM to 12 noon)
|Release of Provisional GPAT 2022 Answer Key||April 30, 2022|
|Announcement of GPAT 2022 Result||May 20, 2022 (Out)|
GPAT 2022 Eligibility
Aspirants must thoroughly go through the eligibility standards before applying for the examination. Major pointers are listed below and candidates fulfilling all GPAT Eligibility conditions can proceed to fill out the application form.
|Qualifying Degree||A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy of a minimum of 4 years duration after 10+2|
|Final Year B.Pharm||Students in the final year of B.Pharm are also eligible for applying in the examination|
|Citizenship||The candidate must be a citizen of India|
|Age Limit||There is no minimum or maximum age restriction for appearing in GPAT|
GPAT Application Form 2022
Candidates can fill GPAT 2022 Application Form via online mode only. Applications sent via post or email will not be accepted under any circumstances. Major steps involved in GPAT Registration:
- Step 1: GPAT Registration – Self Registration i.e. register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number. Enter all the required details, Set Password, and create login credentials.
- Step 2: Fill and Complete GPAT Application Form 2021 – Login with the system-generated User ID and Password. Enter your Personal, Academic, and other details.
- Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Documents Scanned – Scan your Photo and Signature as per the defined standards. Failing to do the same will result in the cancellation of candidature. Check Now
- Step 4: Payment of online Application Fees – Pay Examination Fee by SBI MOPS, Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, or e-Challan). The fee varies as per the candidate’s category.
|General/ OBC- NCL|| |
Male: INR 2000
Female: INR 1000
|For SC/ ST/ PwD|| |
Male: INR 1000
Female: INR 1000
|For Transgender||INR 1000|
GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
GPAT 2022 is a computer-based test (CBT). Candidates appearing in GPAT Exam must know the exam pattern so that they can prepare accordingly. You can find the detailed GPAT Exam Pattern in the table below:
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|No. of Questions||125|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
GPAT Syllabus 2022
There are four main sections of GPAT 2022 Syllabus. The subjects and topics that are there in GPAT 2021 syllabus are as follows:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Candidates can solve the previous year question papers to score well in GPAT 2021 examination. Candidates are advised to collect the best books and study materials so that they can prepare well for the examination.
GPAT Preparation 2022: Coaching Centers
GPAT Coaching has gained significant popularity in recent years. The syllabus for GPAT is based on the undergraduate curriculum prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India. Most aspirants opt for coaching to gain expert guidance and specialized study material. Coaching institutes usually offer exclusive coaching for GPAT or more generalized coaching for other pharmacy exams as well like NIPER JEE. Candidates can find the list of top GPAT Coaching Centers in the country below:
- RAHE (Ratiram Academy of Higher Education)
- Pharma Sapience
- Score Tutorials
- Elite Academy
- The GATE Academy
- Pharma Glimps
GPAT 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who have registered successfully can download GPAT 2022 Admit Card from NTA’s website. The document carries all the details related to the candidate and examination. Steps to download the same are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website for GPAT, gpat.nta.nic.in.
- Step 2: Log in with your application number and password.
- Step 3: Select GPAT 2022 admit card from the menu.
- Step 4: Enter your application number and click the “Submit” button.
- Step 5: GPAT 2022 Hall Ticket will appear on your computer screen. Check and download the document.
Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to give the entrance examination. Candidates must check if all the details mentioned on their GPAT 2021 admit card are accurate. Candidates must immediately contact the conducting authority if there is any discrepancy in the admit card. The details that will be mentioned on your GPAT 2021 admit card is as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Name of exam center
- Address of exam center
- Date and time of examination
- Instructions for exam
Candidates are advised to read the instructions for an exam that will be printed on the back of their admit card. Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center on the day of examination along with an identity proof, such as Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.
- The exam center for GPAT 2022 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates.
- There are approximately 90 GPAT exam centers spread all over India.
- Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam starts.
- Candidates are required to choose a maximum of four centers as per their preference while filling the application form.
- The conducting authority will not change the exam center once it is allotted to candidates.
GPAT 2022 Result
GPAT Result has been announced on May 20, 2022. Candidates can check their result online on the official website by logging in to the candidate portal. GPAT Score is accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes. GPAT is accepted by all AICTE approved institutions, universities and colleges.
- Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT 2022 participating institutes with the scores of the examination.
- Then, each participating institute will release their respective cut-off GPAT Score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT 2022 on their respective websites.
The steps for downloading GPAT 2022 scorecard is as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Login by using your user ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “GPAT 2022 scorecard”. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your scorecard.
- Enter your roll number.
- Your GPAT 2022 scorecard will appear on your computer screen. Download the scorecard and take a printout of it as it will be required during counseling.
GPAT Cutoff 2022
Candidates can check the category-wise GPAT qualifying Cutoff for the year 2020. Based on the GPAT cut off provided below candidates can get an idea about the marks they need to score in order to get admission to the colleges accepting GPAT scores.
|Category||Cutoff||No. of qualifiers|
|Economically Weaker Section||104||489|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||131||1350|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||103||727|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||76||373|
GPAT 2022 Scholarship/ Financial Assistance
GPAT qualified candidates can also avail of scholarships through NTAor CSIR for pursuing further studies and research in the field of pharmacy. GPAT qualified candidates can subsequently register for NIPER JEE to pursue M.Pharma in NIPER, the nation’s premier Pharmacy Institute.
- The financial assistance through NTA can be availed through the institute from where the institute is pursuing M.Pharma. The scholarship is tenable for the period of pursuing the postgraduate program. CSIR’s financial assistance (fellowship) on the other hand is available for pursuing integrated 5-year M.Pharma-PhD from AcSIR or any other laboratory of CSIR.
- These scholarships are also available for GATE qualified candidates for pursuing M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D. The fellowship amount through CSIR is INR 25000. The fellowship is however not available for candidates who have qualified SRF (Senior Research Fellowship).
- Scores obtained in GPAT are used by all the institutions, departments and colleges approved by AICTE to provide admission to M.Pharma programs. GPAT 2021 Scores will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result for admission in PG program and for the purpose of applying for scholarship in M. Pharma course.
Even after completing M.Pharma degree, if someone is interested in getting registered for Ph.D. degree and availing National Doctoral Scholarship, the same score will be applicable. Candidates qualified in GPAT 2021 can apply for scholarship.
GPAT 2022 Counselling
Candidates will be called for GPAT 2021 Counselling on the basis of their merit list. GPAT 2021 Merit List will specify the roll number of candidates, category, rank, total score, and qualified/non-qualified status. Counselling of candidates will be conducted individually by the various NTA-approved institutions. Allotment of seats will be on the basis of scores that candidates have obtained in the entrance examination. Check GPAT Counselling Process
All the documents mentioned below should be carried at the time of counselling:
- Mark sheet and certificate of the qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- GPAT 2021 admit card
- GPAT 2021 scorecard
- Passport size photographs
Candidates need to follow the admission procedure of institutions that will be allotted to them on the basis of their GPAT 2021 scores. The notification of admission will be published on the official website. NTA will then send GPAT 2021 Merit List to the respective state governments for allotting seats to qualified candidates. The participating institutions/colleges of GPAT will then offer admission to candidates on the basis of their GPAT scores.
GPAT 2022 FAQs
Ques. What are GPAT 2022 exam dates?
Ans. NTA has released GPAT 2022 exam dates, the exam will be held on April 9, 2022, from 9 am to 12 noon. GPAT 2022 application forms are also out, candidates can fill out the application form from Feb 16 to Mar 17, 2022.
Ques. Who will be conducting GPAT 2022 and what will be the registration dates?
Ans. NTA is the conducting body of GPAT. GPAT 2022 Registration has begun. Candidates planning to take admission in M.Pharma/ Integrated Ph.D can fill the online application forms by paying the fees of INR 2000 which is relaxed for the female candidates by 50%.
Ques. When will GPAT 2022 Results be released?
Ans. GPAT 2022 Results have been announced on May 20, 2022. Candidates can download GPAT Scorecards from the official website of GPAT. The validity of GPAT score is 3 years.
Ques. How to check the answer key for GPAT 2022?
Ans. You can check the answer key for the examination by login in to the official website of GPAT NTA at gpat.nta.nic.in/ using the credential received at the time of the registration process.
Ques. Can I receive the scorecard of GPAT 2022 through offline mode?
Ans. No, you will not receive the scorecard or GPAT 2022 Result and scorecard through any offline mode. You have to download it via online mode and from the official website of GPAT.
Ques. What are the duration and the time of GPAT 2022?
Ans. The duration of this aptitude test is 3 hours and the time will be from 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM. And there is only one shift.
Ques. What is the maximum age limit to apply for GPAT 2022?
Ans. There is not any age limitation to appear in GPAT 2022. You can sit for the examination at any age.
Ques. How many candidates have been registered for the GPAT examination in the year 2021?
Ans. There are 50,975 candidates who have been registered for the entrance examination in 2021.
Ques. Do I need to carry any category certificate on the day of the GPAT 2022 examination?
Ans. Yes, you need to bring the admit card along with a valid photo ID proof and a category certificate, if possible, on the day of the examination.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.