What is BBA Computer Applications?
BBA Computer Applications is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course that imparts advanced knowledge on a wide range of computer applications so that the students pursuing this course can easily face any kind of challenges and opportunities related to the IT industry.
The aim of this course is to produce skilled computer professionals, prepare students to face the diverse challenges and opportunities in the IT industry and build competence in a particular area of business.
In order to be considered eligible to apply to this program, students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
Admission to this course will be done on the basis of the candidate's performance in the entrance exams or on the basis of their performance in the Class 12 examination.
BBA Computer Applications course fees may vary from college to college. Private Institutes can ask for much higher course fees than the Govt. Aided institutes. However, the average course fee may range between INR 60,000 to 10,00,000 per annum.
On completion of this course successfully, the graduates can have plenty of prospective job opportunities in major fields, like banking sectors, IT industry, central services, defense services and more.
The graduates are hired as a Software Developer, System Programmer, Network Administrator, Network Analyst, Web Designer, Technical Support Engineer, Sales Executive, Professor, Research Assistant, Test Engineer and more with an average annual salary ranges between INR 2,00,000- INR 7,50,000 per annum.
After completion of BBA Event Management course, one can opt to enroll in MBA, MCA, PGDM, Law programs etc. Also check top MBA Colleges in India here
What is the BBA Computer Applications Admission Process?
Admission to the course is usually based on the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam. Some of the major entrance exams conducted for this purpose are SET, IPU CET etc. Some colleges also offer admission on merit basis. The various steps involved in the admission process are given below.
Candidates have to follow the below mentioned steps in order for Merit-Based admission:
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you wish to seek admission into.
- Get a good score in Class 12 exams.
- In due course of time, colleges release their merit lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
The guide to apply for entrance exam based admission is as follows.
- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves online by visiting the official website of the conducting body.
- Filling up of Application Form: Fill up the application form with all necessary details with care.
- Upload documents: Scan and upload all required documents like mark sheets. Documents need to be uploaded in a specific format only, as specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Application fee: Pay the requisite amount of the application fee
- Download admit card: Admit cards are released once all applicants are judged for eligibility. The admit card must be downloaded and printed out to be used on the day of the examination.
- Examination: Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers. Appear for the examination on the date announced.
- Results: Results are announced a couple of weeks before the exam day. If a candidate is successful in qualifying for the entrance examinations, they can move on to the next round.
- Counseling and admission: Counselling is held for students who have cleared the entrance examinations. The student can now take admission in the BBA Computer Applications course.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Admission to BBA Computer Applications Course?
The candidates who are willing to pursue BBA in Computer Applications course need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Aspiring candidates need to complete a 10+2 level in any stream, most probably in Commerce from any recognized educational board.
- They need to secure a minimum 50% aggregate score at the 10+2 level.
- There is a relaxation on marks available for SC/ST candidates. The reserved category candidates need to obtain 45% marks at 10+2 level for being eligible for this course.
Which are the popular BBA Computer Applications Entrance Exams?
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for admission into the BBA Computer Applications program.
|Examinations||Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|CUET||February 09 – March 12, 2023||
May 21 – 31, 2023
Reserved Dates: June 1 –7, 2023
|IPMAT||March - May 2023||June / July 2023|
|IPU CET||March - April 2023||May 2023|
|NPAT||December 01 – May 23, 2023||January 04 – May 31, 2023|
|AIMA UGAT||November 23 - April 03, 2023||May 06, 2023|
|SET||December 15 – April 12, 2023||
May 6, 2023 (Test 1)
May 14, 2023 (Test 2)
How to Prepare for BBA Computer Applications Entrance Exams?
While preparing for BBA Computer Applications entrance exams and interview sessions, the candidates need to keep the following important points in mind:
- First, you need to go through the entire entrance exam syllabus thoroughly. This will help you to get a clear idea about the exam pattern. You can now download the syllabus online.
- As the BBA Computer Applications entrance exam syllabus basically covers Computer knowledge and its application topic, you need to have a strong background in this.
- To crack any entrance test, time management is essential. Prepare a time table and try to complete the whole syllabus on time.
- Start practicing previous years question papers, sample question sets so that you can have a better understanding of the question pattern.
- Regular basis revision and practice are a must, this will help you to identify your weak points and helps you to enhance your confidence level.
- You should have a strong knowledge of Math, English Language and Computer Science specially taught at 10+2 level as most of the entrance exam patterns follow the 12th standard syllabus.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest general awareness topics and current affairs.
How to Get Admission into a Good BBA Computer Applications College?
If you are planning to pursue BBA in Computer Application from any reputed college in India, then you need to follow the below-mentioned tips:
- Most of the institutes offer admission to this course on the basis of entrance exam score, followed by the personal interview round or counseling session where the college admission authority checks candidates’ general aptitude for this course study. So, to secure your admission you need to perform well in the entrance test and interview round.
- Some colleges offer direct admission to this course on the basis of the candidate’s merit at the 10+2 level or qualifying examination. So, the candidates need to secure at least 50% marks at the 10+2 standard.
- Try to gather all important details related to the course curriculum offered by the college. Go through the college’s official website or contact their alumni and get a clear idea before applying there.
- Check out the average placement CTC offered by the college in the last few academic years.
- Try to apply to your preferred college before the deadline, otherwise the college authority may reject your application.
BBA Computer Applications: What is it about?
Information and details about the BBA Computer Applications program are as follows.
- BBA Computer Application is an undergraduate degree program that combines the study of computer knowledge with business management.
- This course mainly focuses on the advanced application of computer studies, the latest programming technology and their applications.
- Some of the most important topics taught to the students during this course study are Computer Mathematics, Computer Networking, Software Engineering, Software Testing and Programming languages.
- The course study is perfect for those students who are interested in the IT industry and have a better understanding of different computer programming languages, network systems, data structure and more.
- During this course study, the students can get hand-on experience on the Internet, web designing, different accounting packages and more.
- Through this course, the students can learn different advanced computer programming languages, like JAVA, C, C++, Oracle, Python and more.
BBA Computer Applications Course Highlights
Major highlights of BBA Computer Applications course study are mentioned in the following:
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 level probably in Commerce Stream with 50% marks from any recognized board of education|
|Admission Procedure||Merit Based/ Entrance Test + Counselling Based|
|Examination Type||Semester Based|
|Job Profile||Software Developer, System Programmer, Network Administrator, Network Analyst, Web Designer, Technical Support Engineer, Sales Executive, Professor, Research Assistant, Test Engineer and more.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Bajaj, Capital, Aricent, Dell, Accenture, Aon Hewitt, Geometric Software, HCL Technologies, Infosys, Syntel & Wipro, L&T, IBM, Genpact and such.|
|Average Course Fees||INR 60,000 to 10,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000|
Why Study BBA Computer Applications?
The goal to attain a BBA Computer Applications degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue this course are as follows.
BBA Computer Applications is an undergraduate degree program that combines computer education with a business administration program. By pursuing this course study, the students not only open up the door to a career in the IT industry but also get job opportunities in some other industries where they can use computer application and its various advanced technologies.
This graduation degree offers plenty of prospective career opportunities and job roles in major fields, like IT industry, Banking Sectors, business firms, central services, defense and more.
The graduates can avail potential job positions after completing this course successfully. They are hired as a software developer, system programmer, web designer, technical support engineer, network administrator, network analyst, sales executive, test engineer and more in top-most organizations like Infosys, Wipro, Capgemini, Accenture, Bajaj, Capital, HCL Technologies, L&T, IBM, Aon Hewitt and so on.
They can also work as an assistant professor, assistant researcher in any reputed university or research laboratory. Depending upon their experience and expertise, the graduates can earn an average annual salary between INR 2,00,000- INR 8,00,000 per annum.
Besides these, after graduating in BBA Computer Application course, the students can opt for further higher studies, like MBA, MCA, PGDM, PGDCM.
BBA Computer Applications Vs. BBA Operations Management
The course comparison between BBA Computer Applications and BBA Operations Management course is tabulated below.
|Parameter||BBA Computer Applications||BBA Operations Management|
|Overview||The course offers in-depth knowledge of computer science, latest software programming languages and their application in the IT industry.||The course imparts advanced knowledge of business management, accounting, production planning and project management.|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 level probably in Commerce stream with a minimum 50% aggregate score from a recognized educational board||10+2 in Commerce with 50% marks from any recognized board|
|Admission Procedure||Merit/ Entrance-Based + Counselling||Merit/ Entrance-Based Counselling|
|Top Colleges||Christ University Bangalore, NMIMS University Mumbai, Madras Christian College Chennai, NDIM Delhi, Flame University Pune, SRM University Kanchipuram etc.||Jain University Bangalore, Doon Business School Dehradun, VELS University Chennai, Amity University Noida, Master School of Management Meerut etc.|
|Job Roles||Software Developer, Web Designer, System Programmer, Network Analyst, Test Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Network Administrator, Quality Assurance Officer, Sales Executive, Research Assistant, Assistant Professor and much more.||Operations Manager, Operation Executive, Plant Manager, Business Development Manager, Retail Operations Manager, Senior Technical Manager, IT Operations Administrator, Manufacturing Consulting Managers and more.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Accenture, Aricent, Bajaj, HDFC Bank, ICICI, IBM, HCL Technologies, Infosys, Capegimini, Larsen and Toubro, Logitech, Kochar, Dell, CSS Corp, InfoTech Pvt. Ltd. and so on.||Accenture, Nokia, Toyota, Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Anchor Electricals, Biomax Fuels Ltd., HCL, Adobe, IBM etc.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 60,000-10,00,000||INR 25,000-5,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000||INR 3,00,000 to 12,00,000|
Also check out the top BBA Operations Management Colleges in India
Which are the Top BBA Computer Applications Colleges?
The table below shows the best BBA Computer Applications colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|Name of the College||Admission Process||Average Course Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|KIIT, Bhubaneswar||Entrance-Based||INR 3,59,000||INR 6,00,000|
|Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore||Merit-Based||INR 37,000||INR 5,89,000|
|CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore||Merit-Based||INR 49,000||INR 4,32,000|
|RCAS, Coimbatore||Entrance-Based||INR 41,000||INR 4,60,000|
|Dr. SNS Rajalakshmi College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore||Merit-Based||INR 38,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore||Merit-Based||INR 50,000||INR 4,78,000|
|MITWPU, Pune||Entrance-Based followed by Interview||INR 1,60,000||INR 4,00,000|
|IITM, New Delhi||Merit-Based||INR 1,35,000||INR 6,48,000|
BBA Computer Applications College Comparison
The table given below depicts the comparison made among the three top BBA Computer Applications colleges in India.
|Parameter||KIIT, Bhubaneswar||Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore||CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore|
|Overview||KIIT offers a variety of UG, PG and Doctoral Courses in multiple disciplines.||Kongunadu Arts and Science College came into existence in 1973 as a private college in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. KASC offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and M.Phil courses in Arts, Science and Commerce streams.||CMS College of Science and Commerce is a well-known higher education institute located in Coimbatore. This deemed institute offers a large number of programs at the UG and PG level.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline from a recognized board.||Passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline from a recognized board.||Passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline from a recognized board.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 3,59,000||INR 37,000||INR 49,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 6,00,000||INR 5,89,000||INR 4,32,000|
What are the Subjects Covered in BBA Computer Applications Syllabus?
BBA Computer Applications course syllabus may vary from college to college but the overall subjects may remain the same for the entire course duration. The semester-wise course breakup of this course syllabus is tabulated below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Business Communication||Organizational Behavior|
|Principles of Management||Computer Application in Statistics|
|Programming Principles and Algorithms||Procedure Oriented Programming Using C|
|Modern Operating Environment & MS Office||Database Management System|
|Financial Accounting||E-Commerce Concepts|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Business Mathematics||Computer Networking|
|Data Structure Using C||Programming in Visual Basic|
|Software Engineering||Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Operating System Concepts||Human Resource Management|
|Relational Database Management System||Object Oriented Programming Using C++|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Dot Net Programming||Software Testing|
|Web Technologies||Recent Trends in IT|
|Object Oriented Software Engineering||Advanced Web Technology|
|Java Programming||Advance Java|
|Software Project- (Based on C++/VB Technology)||Software Project-II (Java/ Dot Net Technology)|
Which Books are Recommended for BBA Computer Applications Course?
The students who are pursuing BBA Computer Applications course can follow the below-mentioned reference books for effective study:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Human-Computer Interaction: User-Centric Computing for Design||Dr. Samit Bhattacharya|
|Computer Application in Business||Sheradd Paatil|
|A Textbook of Procedure Oriented Programming Using C||Poonam Ponde|
|Business Statistics||Dr. P.G. Dixit|
What are Job Prospects and Career Options after BBA Computer Applications?
This course is highly engaging and students can easily enroll themselves in reputed companies after completing this course. The various job prospects for the BBA in the Computer Applications course are the following
- After completing BBA Computer Applications course successfully, the graduates can have plenty of potential job roles in the top-most IT organizations, like Accenture, HCL Technologies, Dell, Capgemini, Kochar, Infosys, InfoTech Pvt. Ltd., Syntel & Wipro and much more.
- The graduates are hired as a Software developer, Web Designer, System Programmer, Network Analyst, Technical Support Engineer, Test Engineer, Network Administrator, Quality Assurance officer, Sales Executive and so on.
- Apart from these, they can also join as an Assistant Professor, Research Assistant in any reputed university or research lab.
- Depending upon their skills and experience in the IT industry, the graduates can easily earn up to INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000 per annum.
Some of the most popular job profiles offered to the BBA Computer Applications graduates are listed below along with job description and average annual salary:
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Software Developer||They are responsible for designing websites and user interfaces by applying their programming skills. Besides these, they explore and analyze different business-related issues and then design information systems according to the requirements.||INR 4,34,391|
|System Programmer||They actually design different computer software services and formulate codes.||INR 6,02,725|
|Web Designer||Their responsibility is to create more attractive business websites and develop user interfaces with unique profiles for individual clients. They also design and maintain the webpage.||INR 2,33,558|
|Network Administrator||The responsibility of a network administrator is to set up, maintain, upgrade the communication systems, Local Area Network, Wide Area Network for any business organization. They also maintain the security system, data storage and disaster recovery strategies.||INR 3,42,023|
|Network Analyst||Their main responsibility is to create different operating systems, like Linux, Unix etc. Apart from this, they have to manage and maintain the layouts and network’s technical components of an organization.||INR 3,60,773|
|Quality Assurance Officer||They are responsible for improving the organization's efficiency and profitability by coordinating different quality assurance programs and formulating quality control policies.||INR 4,88,009|
What are the Future Scopes of BBA Computer Applications? (H2)
The BBA Computer Applications degree holders can prefer doing jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a BBA Computer Applications degree are as follows.
MBA: Most of the BBA degree holders choose to go for higher education and pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Having a BBA degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates.
Check out top MBA Colleges and PGDM Colleges in India.
- MCA: Master of Computer Applications or MCA is a 2-year postgraduate program that imparts advanced knowledge on various aspects of computer studies and their application.
- PGDCA: PGDCA is a 1-year postgraduate diploma course that offers advanced knowledge on computer applications, programming languages, JAVA, Oracle and more and helps the students to learn about their accurate applications on business operations.
- PGDBM: It is a 2-year long professional postgraduate diploma course focused on business management topics. PGDBM course imparts in-depth knowledge on business economics, organizational behavior, marketing management study and more.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that graduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
- Certificate Courses: Students can opt for Certificate Courses in Management on completion of this course.
BBA Computer Applications FAQs
Some of the most frequently asked questions pertaining to the BBA Computer Applications program are provided below:
Ques. What is the duration of the BBA Computer Applications program?
Ques. What are the subjects required for BBA Computer Applications admission in 10+2 level?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the BBA Computer Applications program?
Ques. What is the admission procedure for this course?
Ques. What is the BBA Computer Applications course fee in Indian Colleges/ Universities?
Ques. What are the top BBA Computer Applications colleges in India?
Ans. Some of the top-most BBA Computer Applications Colleges in India are listed below:
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, New Delhi
- GIBS Business School, Bangalore
Ques. What career opportunities are available for BBA Computer Applications graduates?
Ques. What is the average salary package of BBA Computer Applications degree holders?