PU LLB 2022: Punjab University, Chandigarh has revised the exam date. PU LLB 2022 Entrance exam will be conducted on July 24, 2022. Candidates who have scored a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam can register for PU LLB 2022 Application Forms in the 2nd week of June 2022. Applicants of the reserved category are given a 5% relaxation in the eligibility.
As per PU LLB 2022 Exam Pattern, there will be a total of 100 questions in pen-paper mode with applicants having to fill in the OMR sheet. PU LLB Exam will be conducted for a duration of 90 minutes. For PwD category candidates an extra 30 minutes to complete the exam. PU LLB Exam will be conducted in Punjabi, English, or Hindi. Applicants will be able to choose their language during PU LLB Exam Application Process. Candidates are awarded 1 mark for every correct answer. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks of 100. Check PU LLB 2022 Exam Pattern
What is the PU LLB Entrance Exam? PU LLB Entrance Exam or Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam is a university-level examination conducted online, in a computer-based mode for admissions into law programs offered by the university.
PU LLB 2022 Exam Dates
|PU LLB 2022 Official Notification||1st week of June 2022|
|PU LLB 2022 Application Form Released||4th week of June 2022|
|PU LLB 2022 Registration Closes||1st week of July 2022|
|PU LLB 2022 Admit Card Released||3rd week of July 2022|
|PU LLB 2022 Exam Dates||July 24, 2022 (Revised)|
|PU LLB 2022 Result Declared||3rd week of August 2022|
|PU LLB 2022 Counseling Begins||1st week of September 2022|
PU LLB 2022 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Panjab University Entrance exam for LLB|
|Mode of application filling processes||Online mode/ Computer-based Test|
|Mode of the exam|| |
|Commission conducting the exam||Panjab university|
|Level of the exam||University-level|
|Courses offered through the exam||LLB|
|Total duration to wind the exam||90 minutes|
|Authorisation of the university||The state government of Panjab|
|Official website of the University||puchd.ac.in|
PU LLB 2022 Eligibility
PU LLB Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by all applicants registering for the exam. Given below is the detailed eligibility criteria to attempt PU LLB 2022 Exam:
- Applicants are required to have scored a minimum of 45% marks aggregate in their qualifying graduate degree.
- Applicants of reserved categories (SC, ST, BC, and PwD categories) must have scored a minimum of 40% marks aggregate.
- There are no age limits for appearing in the examination.
- Applicants appearing in last year’s qualifying examination are also eligible for the exam. However, they have to produce their graduation certificate for the PU LLB counseling process.
PU LLB 2022 Application Form
- PU LLB 2022 Application Form is likely to be released in the 1st week of June, 2022.
- Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for PU LLB Exam in online mode at the official website of the university.
- To register, applicants must have a valid email ID and phone number.
- Applicants must make sure that they fill in all the required details without errors as they will not be given a form correction window.
PU LLB 2022 Application Form Checklist
Given below are the documents required while applying for the exam:
- Marksheets and Certificates of the qualifying exam
- High School Certificates
- Caste certificate, if applied for admission under reserved category
- A valid email id and active phone number
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature.
PU LLB 2022 Application Form: How to Apply?
- Applicants must make sure that they complete the application process as per the instructions as any error can lead to cancellation of application form.
- Only after paying the registration fees will the PU LLB Exam Application Process will be completed.
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to apply for PU LLB Entrance Exam 2022:
Step 1: PU LLB 2022 Candidates Registration
- Applicants must visit the official website of the university and register themselves.
- To register, candidates must enter details like date of birth, email id, graduation registration number, mobile number, and category.
- Students must also select their graduation year and university name.
- Applicants who have completed registration will be able to generate a login ID and password, which can be used to log in to the admissions portal.
Step 2: Fill in PU LLB 2022 Application Form
- Applicants must log in to the admissions portal and fill in the PU LLB Application Form.
- Applicants are required to fill in personal details, academic qualifications, and contact information in their application form.
Step 3: Uploading PU LLB 2022 Requisite Documents
- Students are required to upload the required documents on their application form.
- Applicants must make sure that they upload the documents in the prescribed format.
PU LLB 2022 Document Specifications
Given below are the specifications for PU LLB 2022 Required Documents
|PU LLB Documents Required||Document Specifications|
|Photograph||Recent Photo, JPG/JPEG format|
Step 5: PU LLB 2022 Application Fee Payment & Submission
- Students who have successfully uploaded the required documents must pay the requisite application fee.
- Applicants can pay the application fees in both online and offline modes.
- Online payment can be done at the payment gateway portal through a Debit Card, Credit Card, or Net Banking.
- Offline payment can be done by downloading the e-challan from the online application portal. Using the challan, candidates can pay the application fees at any SBI branch.
- Students who have paid the application fees can submit PU LLB 2022 Application form.
PU LLB 2022 Application FeesGiven below is PU LLB Application Fees required to complete the application process:
|Category||PU LLB Application Fees|
|General Category||INR 2175|
|Fee Concession||50% concession for Panjab University regular employees under B & C Class|
PU LLB 2022 Admit Card
- PU LLB 2022 Admit Card is likely to be released in the 3rd week of July, 2022.
- Candidates can find PU LLB Admit Cards by visiting online, at the official website and logging into the admissions portal using their credentials.
- Candidates are required to bring their admit card to the exam hall with a photo ID to gain entry into the exam hall.
Given below are some details regarding PU LLB 2022 Admit Card, its download, and more.
PU LLB 2022 Admit Card: How to Download?
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the Panjab University and go to the admissions portal
- Step 2: Candidates can log in to the portal by entering their login ID, password, and captcha displayed on the screen.
- Step 3: After successfully logging into the portal, candidates can find the admit card.
- Step 4: Candidates can click on the admit card link and download the admit card.
PU LLB 2022 Admit Card: Details Mentioned
Given below are the details mentioned in PU LLB 2022 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date of birth
- Candidate’s Application Number
- Candidate’s Parents’ Name
- Candidate’s Photograph (As on PU LLB Application Form)
- PU LLB 2022 Exam Date
- PU LLB 2022 Exam Venue
- PU LLB 2022 Exam Time
- Exam Name
- Candidate’s Social category and subclass he/she belongs to.
- Candidate’s Reporting time
- PU LLB 2022 Exam-day Instructions
PU LLB 2022 Admit Card: Discrepancies
- In case there are any discrepancies in the PU LLB 2022 Admit Card, candidates must contact the university immediately.
- Candidates with discrepancies in their admit cards will not be allowed to enter PU LLB Exam Hall.
PU LLB 2022 Exam Center Checklist
- Aspirants who have successfully registered for the exam must make sure that they carry their admit card along with their government-approved ID cards.
- Applicants who do not carry the required documents with them will not be able to gain entry into PU LLB Exam Hall.
Given below are the documents the candidates must bring along with them to PU LLB 2022 Exam Hall on the exam day.
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Blue or Black pen
PU LLB 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Given below are the exam day instructions to follow for PU LLB 2022 Exam:
- Candidates must report to the PU LLB 2022 venue, 45 minutes before the exam time.
- Candidates must make sure that they bring their PU LLB 2022 Admit Card and Photo ID card to enter the exam hall.
- PU LLB 2022 Exam will only be conducted in Chandigarh.
- Candidates should make sure that they visit PU LLB Exam Center before the exam date, to get aware of the location and other factors.
- Candidates should not carry any mobile phone, calculator, any other electronic devices, accessories, water bottles, or bags into the exam hall.
PU LLB 2022 Exam Center: Do’s & Don'ts
The commission conducting the exam has strictly banned candidates from carrying certain things into the examination hall such as,
- Electronic gadgets
- Metal ornaments
- Any kind of eatables
- Water bottles
PU LLB 2022 Exam Pattern
- PU LLB Exam 2022 Exam Pattern is set by the conducting body
- Applicants will be asked a total of 100 questions in pen-paper mode with applicants having to fill in OMR sheet.
- PU LLB Exam has a duration of 90 minutes. Candidates of PwD category will have an extra 30 minutes to complete the exam.
- PU LLB Exam will be conducted in Punjabi, English or Hindi. Applicants will be able to choose their language during PU LLB Exam Application Process.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode/ Pen and Paper|
|Total Questions||100 questions|
|Negative Marking||- 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
|Exam Duration for PwD candidates||90 minutes + extra 30 minutes|
|Question Type||Objective-Type/ Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Answer Type||OMR Sheet|
|No. of Sections||4 sections|
|Exam Medium||All the candidates appearing for the examination shall get to choose between the following languages: |
PU LLB 2022 Marking SchemeGiven below is the marking scheme for PU LLB 2022:
|Particulars||PU LLB 2022 Mark Distribution|
|Correct Answer||1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer||- 0.25 marks|
|Unanswered Question||0 marks|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
PU LLB 2022 Section-wise Question DistributionGiven below is the section-wise weightage for PU LLB 2022:
|Section||PU LLB 2022 Sectional Question Distribution|
|Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English||20 Questions|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||40 Questions|
|Legal Aptitude||40 Questions|
|Total Questions||100 Questions|
PU LLB 2022 Section-wise Mark DistributionGiven below is the section-wise mark distribution for PU LLB 2022:
|Section||PU LLB 2022 Sectional Mark Distribution|
|Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English||20 marks|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||40 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||40 marks|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
PU LLB 2022 Syllabus
- PU LLB 2022 Syllabus includes 4 sectional topics, i.e. Legal Aptitude, Current Affairs & General Knowledge, English Language, and Reasoning & Analytical Abilities.
- Candidates are asked a total of 100 objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- PU LLB Exam will test the applicant’s knowledge in law and general knowledge
PU LLB 2022 Syllabus: Expected Weightage
|Name of the subject||Number of questions asked during the exam||Maximum marks granted for the subject|
|Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English||20 questions from the subject||20 marks ( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||40 questions from the subject||40 marks( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Legal aptitude||40 questions from the subject||40 marks ( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Grand total:||100 questions in total||Total of 100 marks|
Given below are some subject-wise important topics asked in PU LLB 2022 Exam:
Legal Aptitude Important Topics
Given below are some important topics asked in the Legal Aptitude section:
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Polity
- Law of Contracts
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- CrPc, Penal Code
- International Laws of Major Multilateral Bodies like UN, WTO, etc
Current Affairs & General Knowledge Important Topics
Given below are some important topics asked in the Current Affairs & General Knowledge section:
- Current events of national and international importance with a special focus on legal aspects
- Sports, Awards, Achievements, and Honors, etc
- 12th level General Knowledge
- 12th level History, Environment, Polity, General Science, etc
- Important awards of the year – sports, science, literature, and arts
- Major UN bodies, their functions locations
- Overview of Indian History and Geography, Science, and Environment
- Important Events in Indian Constitution or Justice system
English Language Important Topics
Given below are some important topics asked in the English section:
- Grammar Vocabulary
- Jumbled Words/ Sentences
- Fill in the Blanks
- Incorrect Sentences
- Unseen Passages
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence Correction
Reasoning & Analytical Abilities Important Topics
Given below are some important topics asked in the Reasoning & Analytical Abilities section:
- Blood Relations
- Critical Reasoning
- Logical Patterns
PU LLB 2022 Preparations
Given below are some PU LLB 2022 Preparation Tips to remember while attempting the exam:
- Applicants must make sure that they refer to and learn the exam pattern and syllabus so that they are aware of the exam and what to expect from it.
- Students should prepare a study plan taking into account their strengths and weaknesses.
- Applicants should prepare well in advance and complete the syllabus at least 1 month in advance so that they have enough time to revise.
- Candidates should make sure that they make notes of the tough sections and revise the easy parts.
- Applicants should read books and newspapers regularly so that they can learn from them.
- Candidates should try solving PU LLB mock tests, sample questions, and practice papers.
PU LLB 2022 Recommended BooksGiven below some PU LLB 2022 Preparation Books the candidates can use to prepare for the exam:
|PU LLB 2022 Preparation Books||Author/Publication|
|CLAT and LLB Entrance Examination Study Package||A. P. Bhardwaj|
|Model Test Papers for CLAT & LLB||A. P. Bhardwaj|
|Self Study Guide LLB Entrance Examination||Arihant Publication|
|The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam||Thorpe|
PU LLB 2022 Answer Key
- PU LLB 2022 Answer Key is released in two phases soon after the exam is successfully conducted.
- PU LLB 2022 Provisional Answer Key is released initially, after which the candidates can submit their objections if any, as part of corrections.
- PU LLB 2022 Final Answer Key will be released with the necessary corrections.
PU LLB 2022 Answer Key: How to Download?
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to download PU LLB 2022 Answer Key:
- Applicants must visit the official website of Panjab University and click on the answer key link.
- Applicants will be able to see and download PU LLB Provisional Answer Key which will be on the notifications page.
PU LLB 2022 Answer Key: How to Raise Objections?
Candidates are generally given two to three days to raise objections to PU LLB 2022 Provisional Answer Key. Given below are the step-by-step instructions to raise objections to PU LLB 2022 Answer Key.
- Applicants must identify the required changes in PU LLB 2022 Provisional Answer Key.
- After identifying the changes, candidates must make sure that they email the objections to the conducting body - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The university’s review committee will review the objections and consider modifying the provisional answer key after reviewing valid options.
- After review, the university will release the final answer key.
PU LLB 2022 Results
PU LLB 2022 Results will be released online by Panjab University after the exam is conducted on their official website. Candidates can log in to the admissions portal, using their candidate’s credentials.
PU LLB 2022 Results: How to Check?
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to check PU LLB 2022 Results:
- Visit the official website and log in to the admissions portal using their credentials, i.e. login ID and password.
- Applicants must click on the results link, from which the candidates will be redirected to their results.
- Applicants can download PU LLB 2022 Results as pdf files and save them for future reference.
PU LLB 2022 Results: Details Mentioned
Given below are some details mentioned in PU LLB 2022 Results:
- Applicants name
- Applicants Date of Birth
- Applicants Category
- Applicants Roll number
- Applicants Application Number
- Marks secured by the candidates
- Applicants Rank.
- Candidate’s Provisional qualification status
PU LLB 2022 Counselling
- PU LLB 2022 Counseling is conducted for candidates who have qualified for the exam and have scored the minimum qualifying marks.
- PU LLB 2022 Counseling process will be conducted in offline mode.
- Candidates who have their names mentioned in the merit list will be able to register for PU LLB 2022 Counseling.
PU LLB 2022 Counselling: How to Register?
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to participate in PU LLB 2022 Counseling:
- Step 1: Shortlisted applicants are required to report to PU LLB Counseling center and mark their attendance.
- Step 2: Applicants are required to register themselves and submit the requisite documents as part of the counseling process in the center.
- Step 3: The university officials will verify the information and the candidate’s original documents.
- Step 4: Shortlisted applicants through merit rank and meet the eligibility are required to pay their admission fees and lock in their seats.
PU LLB 2022 Counselling: Documents Required
Given below are the documents required for PU LLB 2022 Counselling:
- Mark sheet and Certificate of the qualifying exam
- Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheets and certificates
- Category certificate (If applicable)
- Character certificate
- Gap year affidavit (If applicable)
- One original ID card such as Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhar Card, etc.
- Graduation certificate issued by the Sports Department of Panjab University (If applicable)
PU LLB Cutoffs
- PU LLB 2022 Cutoffs will be released soon after the counseling is conducted.
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their scores, which are weighed against the cutoffs set by the university.
PU LLB 2022 Cutoffs: Determining Factors
Given below are the determining factors of PU LLB 2022 Cutoffs:
- The total number of candidates applying for the exam
- Seat intake for the program
- Candidates’ preferred college
- PU LLB Exam difficulty level
- Candidates’ performance in the qualifying exam
- Seat reservation offered by the university
Previous Years’ PU LLB Cutoffs
Previous Years’ PU LLB Cutoffs will provide the candidate with information on what to expect. Candidates are advised to go through the cutoffs to get an idea about how much they have to score for the exam.
PU BA LLB 2021 CutoffsGiven below are the cutoffs for PU BA LLB 2021 Entrance Exam:
|Category||Closing Rank under Merit List|
|Backward class (excluding OBC)||160|
PU BA LLB 2019 CutoffsGiven below are the cutoffs for PU BA LLB 2019 entrance exam for general category applicants:
|Participating College||Cut off|
|University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Panjab University, Chandigarh||540|
PU BA LLB 2018 CutoffsGiven below are the cutoffs for PU BA LLB 2018 entrance exam for general category applicants:
|Participating College||Cut off|
|University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Panjab University, Chandigarh||360|
PU LLB 2022 Participating CollegesGiven below are some colleges accepting PU LLB 2022 Scores:
|Department of Laws, PU, Chandigarh||300|
|Panjab University Regional Center, Muktsar (Punjab)||60|
|UIL, Panjab University Regional Center, Ludhiana (Punjab)||60|
|University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Center, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur||60|
PU LLB 2022 FAQs
Ques: Where can I download PU LLB 2022 Admit Card?
Ans: Candidates can download PU LLB 2022 Admit Card by visiting the official website. Candidates must log in to the admissions portal using their login credentials, i.e. login ID and password.
Ques: What are the topics asked in PU LLB 2022 Entrance Exam?
Ans: Candidates are asked topics in 4 sections, i.e. English Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. Candidates are asked questions of the 12th difficulty level.
Ques: How many questions are asked in PU LLB 2022 Entrance Exam?
Ans: Candidates are asked a total of 100 questions in PU LLB 2022 Entrance Exam. PU LLB 2022 Exam Question Paper will include objective-type multiple-choice questions.
Ques: Is there any negative marking in PU LLB 2022 Exam?
Ans: Candidates are awarded 1 mark for every correct answer. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks are deducted from the total score.
Ques: How many seats are offered through PU LLB 2022 Exam?
Ans. Candidates are offered a total of 480 seats through PU LLB 2022 Exam. Candidates are offered 240 seats for the BA LLB course, and 120 seats for the B.Com LLB course at Panjab University.
Ques: How many candidates appear for PU LLB 2022 Entrance Exam?
And: Around 7000 to 9000 candidates appear for PU LLB 2022 Entrance Exam. Candidates are shortlisted based on their performance in the exam.
Ques. How can I download PU LLB 2022 Results?
Ans: Candidates can download PU LLB 2022 Results by visiting the official website of the university and logging into the admissions portal. Candidates are selected for admissions based on their PU LLB Results
Ques. Does Punjab University grant scholarships for any of its students?
Ans. Yes, the university offers scholarships to the students based on their social category as well as their performance in academics.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility cutoff to get admitted to Punjab University?
Ans. A candidate with the aspiration to pursue law from PU must at least score 50% in the entrance exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.