Swami Vivekanand University is a private university located in Sagar, Madhya Pradesh and is certified by ISO and UGC. The university was established in 2012 and is managed by Prakhar Pragya Shiksha Prasar Avam Samaj Kalayn Samiti. It provides many courses in various disciplines of Engineering and Architecture, Pharmacy, Science, Animation and Design, Humanities and Social Science, Education, Law, Commerce, Animation and Design, Hotel Management, Management and Business Administration, Media and Mass Communication and Medicine and allied Science.
The institute has Diploma, UG and PG programs for the students. Many companies such as IDEA, Dabur, Infosys, AIRTEL, HCL, HP, TATA MOTORS and many more visit college for the campus placement of engineering students. Admission are offered based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the college or by the government Entrance Exam such as CET/JEE/CAT/XAT/ATMA/GATE for engineering courses and basic qualification are 10+2 with minimum 50% marks. The main aim of the university is to provide leadership through teaching, learning and research in different educational fields.
Swami Vivekanand University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | Private|
|Approved By||UGC, AICTE, NCTE & ISO|
|Set By||Prakhar Pragya Shiksha Prasar Avam Samaj Kalayn Samiti|
|Entrance Exam||CET/ JEE / CAT/ GATE/ XAT/ ATMA|
|Courses Offered||42 UG and 45 PG level courses|
|Popular Courses||Engineering and MBA|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam and merit-based|
|Top Recruiters||IDEA, Infosys, Airtel, Wipro, HCL, TATA Motors, HP, Dabur.|
|Campus Area||65 Acres|
|Facilities available||Library, Computer Lab, Hostel, Laboratories, Conference Hall, Seminar rooms|
Swami Vivekanand University Courses
The institute offers Diploma, UG and PG courses for the students in various disciplines of educational fields.
|B.Tech||Mechanical Engineering||4 Years||Candidates must have completed their 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as their compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Agriculture and obtained minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% for reserved category in the above subjects.|
|Ceramic and Cement Technology|
|Fire and Safety Engineering|
|Food Technology and PetroChemical Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering|
|B.Sc.||Horticulture||3 Years||Candidates must have passed 10+2 in the Science stream.|
|Fire Safety and Hazard Management|
|B.A.||Fashion Designing||3 Years||Candidates should have passed 10+2 Examination with any subject.|
|MBA||Disaster Management||2 Years||Candidates should have Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for reserved category in qualifying examination.|
|Fire Safety and Hazard Management|
|M.Tech||Advance Productive System||2 Years||Candidates must have completed their B.Tech (10+2+3) with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for reserved category.|
|Thermal Engineering, Power System|
|Construction Technology and Management|
|Computer Science Engineering|
|M.A.||History||2 Years||Candidates must have completed their Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) in required subjects.|
|M.Sc.||Mathematics||2 Years||Candidates should have completed their Bachelors Degree (10+2+3) in required subject.|
|Ag. Soil Science|
|Ag.Genetic and Plant Breeding|
College also offers B-Pharmacy, D-Pharmacy, M-Pharmacy, MCA, BCA, DCA, PGDCA, B.A LL.B, LL.B, LL.M, B.Library, M.Library, B.A. B.Ed, B.Ed, M.Ed, B.P.Ed, M.P.Ed, B.Com, M.Com, BJMC and MJMC with other Diploma and Certificate Courses.
Read More: Courses and Fees
Swami Vivekanand University Admission
Admission at Swami Vivekanand University, Madhya Pradesh is either entrance exam based or direct. Admission for Engineering and MBA courses are based on Entrance Exam Score while the admission for the other courses such as B.Sc. and B.A. are based upon their marks in the previous year.
How to Apply?
Students wishing to get admission in this college can follow the further steps-
- The institute releases the online application form on their official website.
- Candidates need to register themselves online on the official website of the institute.
- Candidates need to fill the application form with all the necessary details and documents required and submit it through online mode.
- Candidates need to submit their application fee through online mode.
- The Hard copy of filled application needs to be sent to the institute with all the scanned copy of documents attached with it.
- For the courses where the admission is based on the Entrance Exam, the candidates will be given admit cards through online mode and need to attend the exam.
- The qualifying students will be called in the institute for the further process.
- And for the courses where the Entrance Exam is not required, the candidates should visit the institute for the further process of admission.
Students can apply for the Diploma and Certificate Courses after seeking admission in any of their required Full time Course.
Read More: Admission 2020
Swami Vivekanand University Placements
The institute has a Training Cell for all the courses which provide different programs for the students to increase their capability to seek the jobs. The institute has placement wings only for the engineering, MBA and pharmacy students. Many companies visit college for the campus selection. Some of them are IDEA, Dabur, Infosys, AIRTEL, HCL, HP, TATA MOTORS, MAHENDRA, RENAULT and many more.
The Institute also provides Internships and has 80% placements for the students. The average salary provided here for most of the students through campus placement is from 12000 INR to 30000 INR per month. And for all the non placement courses the institute provides training and internships to the students to get more opportunities for jobs.
Read More: Placements
Swami Vivekanand University Scholarships
The institute offers scholarships to the poor, needy as well as meritorious students as per the scholarship programmes by the government. They have to apply for the scholarships at the starting of the academic session with the required documents. For more details they can contact the University office.
Read More: Scholarship
Swami Vivekanand University Facilities
The institute has elegant administrative building and best infrastructure. The institute provides the best facilities for the students. Some of them are:
- Library: The institute has a well furnished digital library for the students with 40000 books, publishers, Journals and Educational CDs.
- Computer Lab: The institute has a well updated computer lab with a proper internet connection for 24 hours.
- Hostel: The institute plans to provide hostels for both boys and girls with proper and well maintained facilities for students.
- Workshops: The institute has workshops for every technical work of students. The training is provided to the students through workshops.
- Laboratory: Well updated and properly maintained laboratories are provided by the institute for the students for practical purposes.
Read More: Hostel details
Swami Vivekanand University Faculty
The institute has well qualified and experienced staff for all the courses to have high quality teaching. The Chancellor of the institute is Dr. Ajay Tiwari and the Vice Chancellor of the Institute is Dr. R. K. Dubey. And Mr. K. K. Shrivastava is the Secretary of the institute.
- Dr. Shrikant Choudhary as the Professor of Pharmacy Department.
- Dr. A.C. Jain as the Head of Commerce Department.
- Dr. B.V. Tiwari as the Dean of Faculty of Science.
- Dr. Manish Mishra as the Dean of Faculty of Humanities & Social Science.
Read More: Faculty details
Swami Vivekanand University FAQs
Ques. What are the Documents required during the admission?
Ques. How is the B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
Ques. What are the other colleges in comparison to SVU?
Ques. What are the Certificate Courses available in the institute?
Ques. Is Diploma available in Agricultural Technology?