- IFMR Graduate School of Business, Krea University has started the application process for admission to the two-year full-time Master in Business Administration (MBA) Program for the academic session in January 2021. Apply Now
- Candidates can submit the application form by February 1, 2021, for Round 1 and March 1, 2021, for Round 2, along with the application fee of INR 1,500.
|Online Registration begins||October 26, 2020||--|
|Last date to Apply||February 1, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|Release of shortlisting for WAT and PI||February 17, 2021||March 17, 2021|
|WAT and PI dates||February 27, 2021, to February 28, 2021||March 27,2021, to March 29, 2021|
|Registration, orientation & preparatory courses||June 15, 2021, to June 29, 2021||--|
|Term 1 commencement of classes||July 1, 2021||--|
Institute of Financial Management & Research, Graduate School of Business or commonly referred to as IFMR GSB is an academic wing of Krea University established in 1970. It is located in Andhra Pradesh and is accredited by SAQS.
IFMR GBS is recognized as a Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. NIRF ranks IFMR GBS at #47 for 2019 rankings.
At present, it offers its flagship program in MBA, admissions for which are based on CAT / XAT / CMAT / GRE / GMAT followed by an interview. The institute offers summer internships and placements to its students enrolled for the program.
IFMR GSB Highlights
|Established | Type||1970 | Private|
|Academic Wing of||Krea University|
|Campus||Central Expressway, Andhra Pradesh|
|Courses Available||MBA, Exec-MBA, Ph.D|
|Admission||Entrance based + PI|
|Key Recruiters||E&Y, HDFC, RBI, HSBC, Stanley Morgan, etc.|
Confused between IFMR GBS and IMT Hyderabad? Get more information at IFMR GBS or IMT Hyderabad?
IFMR GSB Courses Offered
The following courses are offered at IFMR GBS for admission to students:
|MBA||Duration: 2 years | Full time
Eligibility: Passed graduation with 60% scores.
|CAT / XAT / GRE / GMAT / CMAT + WAT + PI|
|Exec-MBA||Duration: 3 years | Part time
Eligibility: Passed graduation + 03 years work experience.
|Written Test + PI|
|Ph.D||Duration: 3 years | Full time
Eligibility: Passed master’s / integrated degree / professional qualification.
|UGC-NET / JRF or RAT + PI|
For fee related queries check IFMR GBS Courses & Fees.
IFMR GSB Admission
All admissions are based on entrance scores, academic performance, extra curricular activities and work experience (if any). Students with gap year are also eligible to apply for admissions, mentioning the reasons for break in the application. Applicants can find details for entrances at:
How to Apply?
Applications are available online for both MBA and Ph.D. But they have to be submitted online for MBA and via speed post for Ph.D. Steps for applying are follows:
IFMR GBS MBA Applications
- Log on to the website https://ifmrgsbadmissions.krea.edu.in/
- Click on Apply Now.
- Fill in the relevant details.
- Pay the application fee and submit the application.
IFMR GBS Ph.D Applications
- Download the brochure along with the application form from the official website.
- Fill the application with the relevant details.
- Attach the relevant documents.
- Write research level interests and details.
- Completed applications should be mailed along with the required fee to:
IFMR Graduate School of Business
Campus: 5655, Central Expressway, Sri City
Andhra Pradesh - 517646 - India
Get more information at IFMR GBS Admission.
IFMR GSB Placement
Well known recruiters as many as 40 of them recruited all 175 students for IFMR GBS 2018-20 Placements. Moreover 20% placements were through PPO’s that is, around 32 students were recruited. Other highlights are as follows:
|Gender Diversity||61% Males : 39% Females|
|Highest CTC||INR 13.60 Lakhs|
|Median CTC||INR 9.50 Lakhs|
|Average CTC||INR 9.37 Lakhs|
|Top 10% Average CTC||INR 12.86 Lakhs|
|Work Experience||56%: Freshers | 44%: Experiences|
The graph below shows the areas wise recruitment for MBA graduates from IFMR GBS:
The graph above shows highest recruitments were recorded for Finance-39% followed by Sales & Marketing-26%.
IFMR GSB Summer Internships
IFMR GSB offers summer internships to its full time MBA students. There are over 51 companies that recruited applicants for 2019-20 batch earlier in February 2020. Other details are as follows:
- 51 recruiters offered internships to over 20 full time students.
- Average Stipend: INR 38.4 K
- Median Stipend: INR 30 K
- Top recruiters included Deloitte, E&Y, HSBC, JMPC, etc.
- All internships were continued through work from home due to COVID-19.
Read more at IFMR GBS Placement.
IFMR GSB Faculty
There are 07 academic departments at IFMR GSB which include at least 3-4 faculty members in each department. They hold doctoral degrees with designations like:
- Professors: 10+
- Associate Professors: 08
- Assistant Professors: 05
- Adjunct Professor: 02
IFMR GSB Facilities
The following facilities or amenities are available for students in any program at IFMR GSB.some of them are as follows:
- Library: With a conducive environment Krea University has a library for students and faculty members to gain knowledge, inculcate research and
- Hostels: There are 03 towers for accommodation which are gender-specific including well furnished rooms and common rooms.
- Student Committees: There are 22 student committees, run by different academic departments. Also encouraging students through their exclusive MUN, Theatre Club, Dance Club, etc for extra-curricular activities.
- Sports Facilities: There are various indoor and outdoor sports facilities available for students for recreation or for state or zonal level competitions.
Get details at IFMR GBS Reviews.
IFMR GBS Scholarships
A notification during the third term is released to invite applications for scholarship requests. Applicants must submit the application form with supporting documents in 15 days from the announcement of the CGPA by the PGP Office for the first year.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: Top 10% of the students shall be awarded a scholarship of INR 2.50 Lakhs (per student).
- Merit based Scholarship:
- First rank holder: Awarded with INR 2 Lakhs.
- Next three rank holders: Awarded INR 1 Lakh each to all three students.
- The scholarship amount is shared by those students who score equal CGPA
- T. Thomas Scholarship for Business Leaders: Awarded to the second year students who top with an amount of INR 1 Lakh. The winners for the scholarship are decided by HUL.
Ques. Can I apply if I have a gap year for an MBA at IFMR GBS?
Ans. Yes, applicants are eligible to apply with a gap year only if they can justify their reason for break. Also they must quote their activities during the gap year(s) in the application itself.
Ques. When will the applications be available for 2021 admissions at IFMR GBS?
Ans. Application portal would invite applications from applicants October 2020 starting onwards. The applicants are required to make a non-refundable fee payment of INR 1,500 per application.
Ques. Is everyone eligible to apply for a scholarship at IFMR GBS?
Ans. There are two types of scholarships offered: Merit based and Need based. There are different criteria for selection and applicants must fulfill all requirements in order to avail one.
Ques. Are placements offered at IFMR GBS?
Ans. Yes, the placement record was 100% for 2018-20 passing out batch. The highest recruitments were indicated in the Finance department followed by Sales & Marketing.
Ques. Can students apply for internships other than what is offered on campus?
Ans. No, applicants must apply for internships through on-campus recruitment process only. These are partnering companies which offer 100% internships as per the recent data 2019-21 batch.