KJ Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce (KJSCAC) is a premiere educational institute located in Mumbai. It is an autonomous institution with A Grade accreditation by NAAC. The college has received UGC’s approval to run the courses under affiliation of the University of Mumbai.
KJSCAC offers various courses, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, in the disciplines of Arts and Commerce. K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce also features doctoral level courses in both disciplines. All the courses offered by the institute are approved by UGC, New Delhi.
- Applications filed only through University of Mumbai website via online mode are accepted for admission to the various courses.
- For Ph.D. admissions, applications are accepted only through offline mode.
- Candidates must contact the institute’s admission office for the purpose.
- The application fee can be paid via online payment modes such as credit/ debit card, net-banking etc., except for Ph.D. program, which can be paid in cash or demand draft.
- A pass is 10+2 or equivalent exam is essential for admission to any of the UG courses offered KJSCAC.
- For admission to M.Com program, only those candidates with a B.Com or equivalent degree in the commerce discipline are eligible.
- Similarly, Master’s degree in the relevant subject is required for admission to Ph.D. courses.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET/ JRF/ TIFR are exempted from taking the entrance exam for Ph.D. candidates’ selection.
- Candidates for UG and PG courses are selected on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying exam.
- Ph.D. candidates are selected on the basis of entrance exam score and personal interview.
- Seats are reserved as per norms set by the University of Mumbai.
Highlights of KJ Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce Admissions
|Name of the College||KJ Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Last Date to Apply||June 21, 2020|
|Application Mode2020-06-06||Online (Offline for Ph.D.)|