BBA Accounting or Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3 year undergraduate degree, generally divided into 6 semesters. During this course, the student will study subjects like Business Accounting, Financial Accounting, Businesses Statistics, etc.
Check the full list of top BBA Colleges in India.
A candidate who has passed 10+2 in Science or Commerce with Maths and English as compulsory subjects is eligible to apply for the BBA Accounting course.
Admission can be either based on the performance of candidates in 10+2 or on the basis of scores of the entrance exam. But, most of the top colleges conduct their own entrance examination for admission to the course. Some of the popular BBA Accounting Entrance exams include NPAT, SET, etc.
The average fees for BBA Accounting vary depending on the university you choose, ranging from INR 90,000 to INR 5,00,000 per annum.
According to NIRF Ranking 2020, the top management colleges in India offering BBA in Accounting course are:
|NIRF Ranking 2020||Name of Institute||City||Admission Process||Average Course Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|30||KIIT School of Management||Bhubaneswar||Merit-Based||INR 9,15,000||INR 6,50,000|
|34||Jamia Millia Islamia University||New Delhi||Through JMI Entrance Test||INR 30,185||INR 5,00,000|
|49||Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||LPUNEST||INR 1,09,200||INR 4,50,000|
|51||Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||CUCET||INR 1,02,000||INR 5,00,000|
|76-100||Christ University||Bangalore||Through CUET||INR 3,40,000||INR 6,85,000|
The subjects covered in the BBA Accounting program combine both technical and general business knowledge. Students will review everything from Financial Accounting to Federal Income Taxes to Operations Management.
Candidates completing the BBA Accounting course are generally offered the positions of Accounting Firm Partner, Finance Director, Audit Manager, etc, in organisations such as Banks, Marketing Organizations, Educational Institutes, Business Consultancies, Multinational Companies, Financial Organizations and Export Companies, etc.
The initial average BBA salary stands in the range of INR 2,00,000 to INR 5,00,000 increasing with the candidate’s experience and skill sets.
The top recruiters are Genpact, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, WNS Global Services, Wipro Technologies Ltd., Tata Motors, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HEC Ltd), among others.
After completing BBA, if a candidate wants to attain higher education or a deeper understanding of the subject, they can opt for MBA in Finance, MBA in Finance and Accounting or MBA in Accounting. If the candidate is interested in research, they can pursue a PhD or MPhil in related streams.
BBA Accounting Admission Process
- Admission to BBA Accounting is done through Merit also but some colleges or institutes may require the candidate to clear university level entrance tests conducted by the respective institute or university.
- Application forms for admissions are invited generally during May for the BBA program on web portals or newspapers or websites of the college or university.
- Reservations apply to SC, ST, EWS, OBC-NCL, PwD candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
A student seeking admission to the BBA program shall submit the application form along with :
- Proof of birth date
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) or equivalent
- Secondary School Certificate
- Gap certificate if applicable.
- Caste Certificate if applicable.
BBA Accounting Merit Based Admission
- Step 1: The application should be filled with personal details and academic details with required documents and submitted with the application fee.
- Step 2: The Selection Committee will call eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set from time to time.
- Step 3: Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in selection criteria, candidates found suitable for admission will be accepted.
BBA Accounting Entrance Based Admission
- Step 1: The application should be filled with personal details and academic details with required documents and submitted with the application fee.
- Step 2: Admit cards will be issued to the eligible students based on the information provided by candidates.
- Step 3: On the announcement of results, based on the marks obtained by the students and institutes cut off, seats are allocated.
- Step 4: The Selection Committee will call eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications for document verification.
- Step 5: Candidates found eligible will be offered admission to the course.
Check the Admission Process of Christ University in detail.
BBA Accounting Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exams from a recognized board.
- 10+2 can be passed from any stream, i.e., Arts, Science or Commerce.
- Preference is given to Science and Commerce students with Accounts, Maths, and Economics as subjects.
- The age requirement is 17 years of minimum age and maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Candidates appeared for 10+2 and waiting for results can apply, given they complete their requirements.
- In the case of reserved category SC, ST, OBC, PH candidates, relaxation of 5% marks or equivalent grade is given as per UGC guidelines.
BBA Accounting Entrance Exams
Institutes offering BBA programs in India conduct their entrance exams for admission to the course to assess the eligibility of candidates for the pursuance of the course. However, most institutes admit students through their results in the National or State level entrance test, followed by a personal interview round.
- AIMA UGAT: It is conducted by the All India Management Association for admission to various UG level Management courses across India.
- DU JAT: This entrance exam is conducted by NTA for granting admission to the BBA and BHM courses offered by colleges under the Delhi University.
- NPAT: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies conducts this entrance exam to grant admission to Undergraduate and Integrated UG-PG Management courses offered by the institution.
Below some entrance exams are listed with their details of application dates, conducting body, exam date, and so on.
|Exam Name||Conducted By||Registration Date||Exam Date||Exam Type|
|AIMA UGAT||All India Management Association||May 24 - June 29, 2020||July 2 - July 5, 2020||PBT or CBT|
|SET||Symbiosis University||January 22 - June 30, 2020||July 19, 2020||Online|
|NPAT||Narsee Monjee University||May 2020||June 26 - June 28, 2020||Online|
|DU JAT||National Testing Agency||June 20 - July 4, 2020||To Be Announced||Online|
|IPU CET||Indraprastha University||March 3 - June 30, 2020||To Be Announced||Online|
The duration of these entrance exams is 2-3 hours. The syllabus for most of these entrance exams include topics like Accountancy, Taxation and Mathematics. Most of the Mathematics questions are asked from 10+2 level Maths Books.
How to Prepare for the BBA Accounting Entrance Exam?
- The entrance test will have questions on the basic knowledge of management and aptitude tests.
- Based on the previous year’s paper, lay out a study plan which will allow you to cover the syllabus as well as revise it efficiently.
- Candidates should know the basics of the topics covered in Management.
- They should make proper notes of important topics from subjects like Accountancy, Taxation, Mathematics, etc and revise them regularly.
- Be good with Maths subjects as quantitative questions are asked from Class 10 to Class 12 text books. Make notes of all the important formulas and equations as students tend to forget them easily.
- Shortcuts should be applied while solving paper as it will give you ample time to solve the paper.
- To improve your general knowledge skills, start reading a newspaper daily. Keep notes of all the major happenings around the world in a small notebook.
- Students should be able to handle their time effectively because they can answer about 120 - 150 questions in about two hours, which means they are given about one minute to answer each question.
How to Get Admission in a Top BBA Accounting College?
- To secure a seat in a good college for a BBA Accounting, candidates must hold an exceptional academic record.
- Candidates must appear for National Entrance Tests and score high ranking marks to secure a seat in a good college.
- Candidates should put their time and effort into the entrance test as well as be prepared for a personal interview round.
- Preparing for the entrance exam well in advance and solving mock tests before the test day is helpful.
- Look out for the eligibility, cut-offs, selection criteria, admission process, application procedure, and other updates to benefit you for better preparation.
Read more on AIMA UGAT Cutoffs.
BBA Accounting: What is it About?
- BBA Accounting is a mix of both financial and business based classes. Students can learn about Auditing, Accounting, and Financial Reporting.
- This course will discuss common methods and strategies, including Cost Analysis, preparation, monitoring, and accumulation of financial issues and budgets.
- The course syllabus will also include topics like Tax, Corporate Financial Laws, and Accounting Management.
- Such classes would teach students how to extrapolate and analyze data from expenses to make informed business decisions and changes to the system.
- The course is designed to provide a clear understanding of management education and to effectively train students in communication skills that instil entrepreneurship and decision-making skills.
- The course will mainly concentrate on management skills and critical thinking, which is relevant in the business world.
BBA Accounting Course Highlights
The major highlights and most important aspects of the BBA Accounting course are tabulated in the table below.
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 (Science and Commerce Preferred)|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based or Entrance Test|
|Course Fee||INR 90,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Genpact, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, WNS Global Services, Wipro Technologies Ltd., Tata Motors, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HEC Ltd), etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Banks, Insurance Industry, Charity Associations, Business Schools, Savings and Loan Associations, Credit Unions, Mortgage Companies, Finance Companies, Consultancies, etc|
|Job Positions||Chief Accounting Officer, Accounting Firm Partner, Finance Director, Audit Manager, Accounts & Finance Consultant, Treasurer, Accounts Assistant with a Chartered Accountant, Tax Assistant, Accounts Executive, Internal Auditor, Finance Executive, Accounts Officer, Business Analyst, Assistant Controller, Equity Research Analyst, Finance Officer, Personal Financial Adviser, Research Analyst, so on.|
Why Study BBA Accounting?
- BBA Accounting degree in Accounting helps build entrepreneurship and business skills concerning accountancy.
- Most colleges provide preparation and practical experience as part of the BBA Program, in the form of case studies, workshops, internships, industrial visits, and contact with industry experts.
- It builds the practical, organizational, and communication skills of the student, and the ability to make business decisions.
- The course can be pursued full time or part-time through correspondence.
- The degree makes one qualified to work in different businesses & companies' accounts and finance divisions, banks, government departments and agencies, educational institutions, and many other forms of organizations.
- After BBA, the graduate may pursue a Master of Business Administration course for additional expertise in education and exposure to management.
- The course trains individuals for CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) positions in Banking, Tax or Management Accounting, and Auditing.
- It improves your prospects of highly-paid employment and opens up a wide range of opportunities.
BBA Accounting vs BCom Accountancy
BBA Accounting and BCom Accountancy are almost similar courses except for a few differences. The below-given comparison is given keeping in mind all the important parameters of differences :
|Parameters||BBA Accounting||BCom Accountancy|
|Overview||The professional management course aims to offer enrolled students a theoretical understanding of how accounting principles work within a business context, by means of practical experience dispensed through internships.||The Commerce program has a strong emphasis on developing analytical skills and offers a solid grounding and professional competence in all aspects of accounting mainly through theoretical classes.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 90,000 - INR 3,00,000||INR 5,000 - INR 2,00,000|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Science or Commerce||10+2 with Commerce|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based or Entrance Test||Merit-Based or Entrance Test|
|Top Colleges||NMIMS, ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, KIIT School of Management, Jamia Millia Islamia University||Hindu College, NIZAM College, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Loyola College, Christ University|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Genpact, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, WNS Global Services, Wipro Technologies Ltd., Tata Motors, BSNL, etc.||Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Adobe, Reliance, Hdfc bank, Just dial, Apollo, Genpact, Motorola, Newgen, HP, Dell, etc.|
|Job Positions||Chief Accounting Officer, Accounting Firm Partner, Finance Director, Audit Manager, Accounts & Finance Consultant, Treasurer, Accounts Assistant with a Chartered Accountant, Tax Assistant, Accounts Executive, Internal Auditor, Finance Executive, Accounts Officer, etc.||Accountant, Auditor, Consultant, Company Secretary, Business Analyst, Finance Officer, Sales Analyst, Junior Analyst, Tax Accountant, Stock Broker, Economist, Business Development Trainee, etc|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 - INR 8,00,000||INR 2,00,000 - INR 10,00,000|
|Further Studies||MBA||CA or CS or CFA or MCom|
Source: College Websites
Also, check the full list of top BCom Accountancy Colleges in India.
BBA Accounting Top Colleges
Here are the top management colleges offering BBA Accounting for your reference. These colleges show the admission process, location, and average fee charged for BBA Accounting course :
|NIRF Ranking 2020||Name of the Institute||City||Average Course Fee||Average Placement Offer|
|39||Alliance University||Bangalore||INR 2,00,000||INR 10,17,000|
|40||Universal Business School||Karjat||INR 2,51,700||INR 10,95,000|
|41||Amity University||Noida||INR 3,44,000||INR 4,50,000|
|44||Xavier University||Bhubaneswar||INR 1,52,000||INR 15,05,000|
|49||Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 1,09,200||INR 4,50,000|
|51||Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 1,02,000||INR 5,00,000|
|55||Vellore Institute of Technology||Vellore||INR 57,000||INR 6,04,000|
|58||K L University Business School||Guntur||INR 1,55,000||INR 4,00,000|
|63||IMED||Pune||INR 1,00,000||INR 7,50,000|
|64||University School of Business||Chandigarh||INR 1,02,000||INR 8,50,000|
Source: College Websites and NIRF Database
College Comparison for BBA Accounting
Below given is the college comparison of the top management colleges offering BBA Accounting in terms of several parameters like average fee, college overview, admission process, top recruiter, and many others.
|Parameters||NMIMS Mumbai||ICFAI Hyderabad|
|Overview||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) was established under the patronage of SVKM in 1981.||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education is a Deemed University.|
|NIRF Management College Ranking 2020||24||25|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Commerce||10+2 with Commerce|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 3,82,600||INR 2,50,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 17,58,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Top Companies Visited||ICICI Bank, Honeywell, Wipro, L&T Infotech, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Capgemini, Aditya Birla Capital, HDFC bank, Maruti Suzuki, Cognizant, Deloitte, Max Life Insurance, IBM, OYO, AVIVA India, etc||Accenture, Amazon.com, BelcoSys, Cognizant, CRISIL, Deloitte, Edutech, Havells India, HDFC Bank, HSBC, IBM, Tech Mahindra, Wipro Technologies, Indian Navy Infosys, Laurent & Bennon, Polaris, Reliance Group, TATA Group and many more|
Source: College Websites
BBA Accounting Syllabus
BBA Accounting is divided into six semesters in which the subjects taught in four semesters are common for all BBA programs and the last two semesters are concentrated on the specialized subject which is accounting.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles & Practice of Management||Organisational Behaviour|
|Business Communication||Business Environment|
|Financial Accounting||Business Mathematics|
|Business Law||Environmental Management|
|Business Economics||Management Accounting|
|Computer Application||Profit Planning & Control|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Production Methods||Operations Research|
|Manpower Management||Industrial Law|
|Marketing Concepts||Office Management|
|Business Finance - I||Sales & Distribution Management|
|Business Statistics||Research Methodology|
|Computer Application||Business Finance - II|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Management Information System||Corporate Planning & Strategic Management|
|Indian Economy||International Marketing|
|Banking Law & Practice||Marketing of Services|
|Advertising & Public Relations||Financial Institutions and Markets|
|Accounting Specialization||Accounting Specialization|
|Summer Training Report||Comprehensive viva-voce|
BBA Accounting Elective Subjects
During this course, students get to select a few elective subjects of their choice which they can use for their future studies. Here are some Accounting subjects to choose as electives.
|Subjects to Study as Electives|
|Introduction to Management Accounting||Ratio Analysis|
|Budgetary Control||Working Capital Management|
|Standard Costing||Fund Flow Statement|
|Variance Analysis||Cash Flow Statement|
|Marginal Costing||Capital Budgeting|
|Cost – Volume – Profit Analysis||Management of Profits or Dividend Policy|
|Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements||Overview of the latest developments in Accounting|
|Common size financial statement, Trend Analysis||-|
BBA Accounting Important Books
Some reference books that will help to understand the BBA concepts and theories.
|Accounting for Managers||J. Made Gowda|
|Introduction to Accountancy||T. S. Grewal & S. C. Gupta|
|Modern Accountancy||Hanif Mukerji|
|Principles of Business Management||Stephen P. Robbins|
|Principles of Management||L.M. Prasad|
|Modern Micro Economics||H.L Ahuja|
|Principles of Economics||D.M.Mithani|
|Mathematics for Management An Introduction||M Raghavachari|
BBA Accounting Job Profiles and Career Options
Successful BBA Accounting graduates can find lucrative job opportunities in areas like Personal Accounting, Government Accounting and Auditing, Public Accounting Firms, Markets Analysis, Budget Planning, Corporations, and Consultancies.
Here are some job positions available after graduating in BBA Accounting :
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Accounting Associate||They offer bookkeeping, clerical services, and account management support to accountants and auditors. They resolve outstanding payments by contacting departments, vendors, and clients. We process, register, and pay for payments, invoices, and other transactions.||INR 3,20,000|
|Accountant||Collecting and analyzing account details, they plan assets, liability, and capital account entries. By entering account details, they log financial transactions and prescribe financial behaviour by evaluating accounting options.||INR 2,40,000|
|Accounting Clerk||They perform accounting and clerical functions in the general ledger system to support supervisors, record business transactions, and key daily worksheets. The vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records type inputs and work with adding machines, calculators, databases, and bank accounts.||INR 3,18,000|
|Accounts Receivable Clerk||They post-consumer payments by tracking cash, checks, and credit card transactions, post-revenue by checking and entering transactions from the lockbox and local deposits, and monitor receivables by summing up unpaid invoices. They keep records through microfilming of invoices, debits, and credits.||INR 3,34,000|
|Accounting Firm Partner||We are highly qualified people who use their accounting and auditing skills to assess an organization's financial status. Effective implementation of audit responsibilities helps to reflect the transparency of accounting transactions and thereby helps to build the organization's reputation.||INR 6,14,000|
|Audit Manager||The Audit Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising internal audits according to the annual audit schedule, also overseeing an auditors' department.||INR 8,33,000|
|Forensic Accountant||Forensic accountants have specialized know-how in accounting. They use investigative, auditing, and accounting competencies to analyze the financial statements of an organization while investigating fraud.||INR 11,75,000|
BBA Accounting Future Scope
- BBA gives you entry-level positions in the Banking sector, Business Consultants, Coordinators in Educational Institutes, Export Companies, Financial Organizations, Marketing Organizations, Multinational Companies, etc.
- Students should consider expanding their horizons after completing a BBA, to qualify for top executive positions and promotions.
- One of the best-paid qualifications is an MBA because it opens up the chances to secure a top management level job.
- Candidates can appear for CAT, MAT, NMAT, XAT to apply for an MBA course.
- PhD courses, which may train industry professionals for employment as consultants, managers, or professors at universities, are also available in business administration.
BBA Accounting FAQs
Ques. What is the difference between BBA & BBM?
Ans. BBM has been designed to make students acquainted with the management strategies that exist in the corporate world, BBA familiarizes students with the management and supervision process of a company's enterprise and related operations.
Ques. What is the eligibility to pursue BBA?
Ans. Candidates from any stream who have passed Class 12th are eligible for admission to BBA. Colleges can also lay down a minimum percentage admission criterion and entrance test. The minimum age to pursue BBA is 17 years and the maximum limit is 25 years. Commerce students are preferred.
Ques. Is the qualifying entrance test compulsory?
Ans. No, general admission to the BBA course is performed on a merit basis. Nevertheless, some colleges and universities do administer BBA entrance exams.
Ques. What is the BBA Accounting Specialization?
Ans. Accounting is a specialization provided in the BBA course. There are a variety of subjects to choose from in the Accounting field such as Budgetary Control, Working Capital Management, Fund Flow Statement, Standard Costing, Variance Analysis, Cash Flow Statement, Marginal Costing, so on.
Ques. Is there any extension for the application procedure?
Ans. Yes, most of the institutes have extended the application procedure. You can check the official website to be updated with the new dates for the application process. The admission committee monitors the announcements from the authorities of NTA, AIMA, and so on.
Ques. What is the duration of BBA?
Ans. The course duration for BBA is 3 years divided into 6 semesters in which four semesters are common for all BBA programs and the last two semesters are concentrated on specialized subjects.
Ques. Is the Internship required to complete the course?
Ans. It depends on the college. It is highly recommended and encouraged to experience an internship during the course.
Ques. When will the classes start for BBA?
Ans. It varies from college to college. Given the continuing Covid-19 crisis some colleges are opting for online classes.
Ques. Is it necessary to pursue MBA after BBA?
Ans. No, it is not necessary to pursue MBA after BBA. But considering the cut-throat competitive environment, we are living in today, it is assumed that those with a higher degree that encapsulates a broader spectrum of expertise, visibility, and experience will have a better chance of achieving their objectives.
Ques. Why should one pursue BBA?
Ans. BBA is a comprehensive course intended for students with an analytical and scientific mind bent. He or she should be able to understand political, strategic, organizational, human resources, etc. concepts. The curriculum is also designed for those who wish to follow a technical degree course and who wish to kick-start a career in the business management field.
Ques. Is it compulsory to study math in 10+2 to pursue BBA?
Ans. Admission to BBA varies by college. Although it is mandatory for the student to have studied Math in 10 + 2 for some colleges, some other colleges have no rule in this regard. Regardless of the eligibility criteria, however, it would be better if the candidates had studied Maths at the higher secondary level because the curriculum requires a strong grasp on the subject.
Ques. Is it a good option to pursue BBA?
Ans. Yes, BBA is a perfect course for those who want to enter the business world, BBA courses provide an opportunity to learn technical skills as a management professional in the early stages of their career.