Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
Field of Study:
Offered By: Sauder School of Business
- The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program at the University of British Columbia(UBC) Ranked #1 by Maclean's University Rankings 2021.
- This is a full-time program of duration 16 Months.
- The student must choose any one of the following Career tracks in this Program
- Technology and Analytics Leadership
- Product and Service Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- The student must choose any one option from the Internship or Industry Project.
- Capstone is also available to test the ability to make integrative decisions in response to challenges.
- The UBC MBA offers three global learning opportunities: International Business School Exchange, Global Network for Advanced Management, and Global Immersion Experience.
- The average salary of the intern is 2,250 USD – 4,500 USD.
- 81% of the students will get employed 90 days after graduation which increases the employment rate.
- This program consists of 46% of international students.
- The female to male ratio of this college is 41:56 and the age range of students is 24-39.
- The average class size is 100 which makes the students discuss and contribute their Subject Knowledge.
- The student to teacher ratio is 21:1 which will increase the interaction between students and teachers.
- The companies that hire this program students are Amazon, Apply Digital, Microsoft, Nestle, Avigilon.., etc.
- The average salary goes up to 68,487 USD after completing this program.
|Round 1||Oct 20, 2021|
|Round 2||Jan 5, 2022|
Closed for application.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Books and Supplies||CA$2300|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must complete a 4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent with a B+ average from an accredited university.
- Students are expected to have a strong quantitative background, including linear algebra, multivariate calculus, statistics, and probability.
- A GPA of 3.1 to 3.8 on a 4.0 scale is required to be eligible for the program.
Work Experience Eligibility:
Students must hold a minimum of two years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from their Bachelor’s degree.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must complete a 4-year undergraduate degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Or, students completed a master's degree with first-class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test to get admission to this program.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Board||CA$19200|
VISA & Work Study
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is required to study in Canada.
- The cost of the Study Permit is 112 USD.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Student Visa Process:
- Apply for admission with a DLI, pay the tuition fees, and receive an acceptance letter from the DLI.
- Check if a study permit is required. eTA is required for all international applicants who wish to travel to Canada.
- Prepare all the documents required for applications
- Purchase GIC
- Apply for the applications
- Undertake the medical exams
- Schedule biometric appointments and interviews.
- Students can work for 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks as per work-study norms.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, the students will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
After this program, students have the following job opportunities:
- Management Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Administrative managers
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||CA$150||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||CA$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2020|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||CA$1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|ranking||# 37 for Business by Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 26 for Business by Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
|# 18 for Management by Times Higher Education 2022 ||# 201 for Business by Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 42 for Business by Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
|# 401 for Business by Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 37 for Business by Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
|# 44 for Business by Times Higher Education 2022 |
# 101 for Business by Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
|application||# 99 Admissions ||#1656 Applicants |
# 275 Admissions
# 16 % Acceptance Rate
|#343 Applicants |
# 151 Admissions
# 44 % Acceptance Rate
|#1680 Applicants |
# 420 Admissions
# 25 % Acceptance Rate
|#250 Applicants |
# 75 Admissions
# 30 % Acceptance Rate
|exam scores||GMAT - 550/800|
GRE - 310/340
IELTS - 7.0/9
TOEFL - 100/120
PTE - 70/90
|TOEFL - 100/120|
IELTS - 7.0/9
GMAT - 663/800
|TOEFL - 100/120|
IELTS - 7/9
PTE - 70/90
GMAT - 680/800
|GMAT - 550/800|
TOEFL - 100/120
IELTS - 7.0/9
GRE - 309/340
|IELTS - 6.5/9|
TOEFL - 86/120
GMAT - 675/800
|Admission Criteria/Better to Have|
GPA of 3.1 to 3.8 average and preferably 650 GMAT Score. Average Work Experience required around 5 years.
GPA of 3.5 average and preferably 670 GMAT Score. Average Work Experience required around 4 years.
GPA of 3.4 average and preferably 680 GMAT Score. Average Work Experience required around 5 years.
GPA of 3.3 average and preferably 660 GMAT Score. Average Work Experience required around 5 years.
GPA of 3.3 average and preferably 675 GMAT Score. Average Work Experience required around 5.5 years.
|cost to study||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - CAD 67751||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - CAD 5041640||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - CAD 88125||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - CAD 63331||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - CAD 79600|
|Return on Investment/Average Package||#Average Salary CAD 83000||#Average Salary CAD 99360||#Average Salary CAD 115146||-||#Average Salary CAD 87882|
|documents required||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose|
|application dates||Oct 20, 2021 (Round 1)|
Jan 5, 2022 (Round 2)
|Oct 30, 2019 (fall)||Apr 12, 2022 (Round 1)|
Jul 12, 2021 (Round 2)
Sep 20, 2021 (Round 3)
| (Round 1)|
|Jan 15, 2021 (Round 1)|
Mar 15, 2021 (Round 2)
Apr 1, 2021 (Round 3)
|-||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison|
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found out of 29
I applied to various colleges and universities that offered an MBA program. My application was accepted in two to three colleges. Then I took admission at the University of British Columbia. I paid an application fee of $150 for the same.