B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad was established in the year 1871. The college is ranked 23rd in the All India Government Medical College ranking in 2018. It also gained 27th rank in The Week ranking for 2018. Institute offers MBBS in Undergraduate and MS/MD in Postgraduate. Institutes additionally offers a Diploma in Nursing and Paramedical courses for the improvement in paramedical careers. Institute guarantees all UG students a twelve months internship in its affiliated Hospital and also assists offers with job opportunities as resident doctors. Admissions in college are offered strictly based on entrance marks in NEET for UG and PG courses. Last year's cut-off rank for general students was around 163 rank under All India Quota rank.
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1871/Public|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat University|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (UG /PG) /GUJCET|
|Courses Offered||1 Course in UG,2 degrees in MS/MD in PG, and Diploma Courses|
|Popular Courses||MBBS and MS/MD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based in NEET examination and Management Quota|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Hospital, Sports|
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Courses
The college offers MBBS, 15 branches of medicine in Postgraduate M.D., an M.S. course and postgraduate diploma courses in 10 branches. Some of the courses are mentioned below:
|MBBS||Bachelor's in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery||Duration: 4½ year and 1-year compulsory Internship
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with a minimum of 50% marks and NEET UG merit rank.
|MD||Medicine, Pathology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Paediatrics, Anaesthesia, PSM, Physiology||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Pass MBBS and NEET-PG merit rank.
|MS||General Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|PG Diploma Courses||Clinical Pathology, Child Health, Anaesthesia, Public Health, Medical, Radiodiagnosis, Venereal Diseases, Psychiatry Medicine.||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Pass MBBS and NEET-PG merit rank.
|DM||Cardiac Anesthesia, Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology,||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: MD/MS and NEET-SS merit rank.
|MCH||Gynecological Oncology, Pediatric Surgery, Urology, Genito-urinary surgery|
Click here B. J. Medical College Courses and Fees
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Admission
Admission at the B. J. Medical College, Gujarat is based on NEET merit and thorough management quota. Aspirants must have to take NEET examination for admission in both UG and PG courses. BDS exam is recommended for admission in diploma courses. The State Quota seats for the medical College are filled following the guidelines released by Gujarat University. And rest 25% of seats are reserved for management quota students.
How to Apply?
The admission process is relatively straight-forward. Below are mentioned a summary of the steps towards application:
- Appear for entrance exams, and check the merit list displayed on the official website of NEET. The candidate will have to obtain a call letter from the official website of the committee.
- Produce a Certificate of physical fitness obtained from a registered medical practitioner along with the undertaking.
- Be personally present for counseling for admission at the scheduled date, time, and place.
- If secured admission, report within a stipulated period declared by the admission committee to his respective College with a certificate of physical fitness.
- Register for online Counselling Process at NEET website. Select BJMC Ahmedabad, the course, along with other colleges, and lock your choices.
- Allotment of seats will be published online totally based on vacancies and choices of candidates.
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Placement
B. J. Medical College provides Job opportunities for its final year students. Students compulsorily have to enroll for an Internship in BJMC affiliated Hospital. Twelve months of work experience as medical staff in BJMC Hospital molds students for professionalism. Students are offered a job opportunity as resident doctors after the completion of the internship. Though most students opt for higher studies in PG courses.
Know more B. J. Medical College Placement
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Scholarship
BJMC is a public college so it accepts all scholarship offered to ST/SC, OBC, EWS, Girl students. Local Gujarat students are offered scholarships by state governments for their upliftment. Here is some scholarship offered to students:
- Central sector scheme of scholarship for college & university students.
- Umbrella Scheme for the education of ST Children.
- Post matric scholarship (PMS) for ST students.
- Merit-cum means scholarships for professional and technical courses.
- CS sector scholarship for SC students.
- Post matric scholarship schemes minorities CS scholarship for students with disabilities.
Read more B. J. Medical College Scholarship
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Facilities
College campus is rich in facilities and owns a 2500 bedded Hospital with state of art infrastructure and modern equipment. Some of the facilities are described below:
- Library: The library has a wide collection of books, journals, and Periodicals of national and international authors. There is a collection of 41,000 books, 3434 dissertations, 2032 reports, proceedings, and an annual subscription of 236 current journals. The library is also open to entire students belonging to the biomedical community.
- Residencies: The campus also has a residential facility for faculty members and staff. The residencies are well equipped with basic amenities.
- Hostel: The campus has fully furnished two separate hostels for Boys & Girls. The hostel is equipped with a sports facility, recreation hall, cafeteria, and mess.
Click here B. J. Medical College Hostel
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad Faculty
- J. Medical College (BJMC) appointed a highly renowned medical faculty staff. There is a devoted team of Doctors, Nurses, and other healthcare professionals providing the highest standards of medical educations in state. The institute has a total of 20 departments. All faculty have a minimum degree of MBBS. Every department has its Head and Dean.
B. J. Medical College Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques. What is the stipend offered in a compulsory internship after the MBBS course?
Ques. What is the routine of class for First-year Students?
Ques. Are the Hostel facilities for every student?
Ques. Are there any online classes conducted during the lockdown period at BJMC?
Ques. Does BJMC conduct any sports events?
Ques. Which is the renowned service offered by BJMC Hospital?