George College, Kolkata offers a wide range of courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The college has been affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology to offers a destination for candidates preparing for a job. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of the Common Entrance Test conducted by the affiliating university.
George College is a unit of The George Telegraph Group. The college provides full-time courses through or with their affiliated colleges:
- George College of Management & Science
- George College of Law
- George College (Department of Education)
George College Highlights
|Type of University||Private college|
|Recognitions||Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|Accreditations||AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)|
|Affiliations||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata|
|Type of Programs||UG and PG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Location||West Bengal, Kolkata|
George College Courses
The college offers the following courses under various specializations:
|BBA||Intermediate graduate with English|
|BCA||Intermediate graduate with Mathematics and English or Business Mathematics|
|B.A. LL.B.||Intermediate graduate in any discipline|
|B.Ed||Graduate in any discipline|
|D.El.Ed||Intermediate graduate in any discipline with 50% marks|
|PG Diploma in Psychological Counseling||Graduate in any discipline|
Read more: George College Courses & Fee
George College Kolkata Admission
George College offers various UG courses under Management discipline. Final admission is granted on the basis of merit or based on a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by WBUT every year.
The application form can be filled by following the given steps:
- George College Application Form is available offline on the college campus.
- The candidate can either contact the admission department online through the website or visit the college.
- The application fee is INR 1000. Which can be submitted to the admission department via cash or Demand Draft.
Know more: George College Admission
George College Placements
The placement cell of the college offers both on-campus as well as off-campus recruitment opportunities to students. It prepares the students for the process by organizing Group Discussions and Mock Interviews. George College Placement cell also organizes industry visits for them to offer them a much-needed industry exposure. Regular workshops and seminars conducted by leading industry experts.
The list of recruiters include names like Wipro, Pepsi, Sony, Tata, Indian Oil, Coca Cola, Birla Sun Life Insurance, IBM, Godrej, Axis Bank, Cognizant, HCL, Toyota, Dell, Bajaj, Airtel Samsung, Infosys, Britannia, Vodafone, TVS, etc.
Read more: George College Placement
George College Facilities
Listed below are some of the facilities offered by the college to cater to the basic needs of the students:
- Hostel: The college provides accommodation facilities for both male and female students. The rooms are not only spacious but well-furnished with premium quality of furniture. The food served at the hostel is of the highest quality.
- Computer Laboratories: These are equipped with the best software and Wi-Fi connectivity. This enables the students to undertake projects and research work as they stay connected.
- Library: The college is known to have a well-stocked library with books, journals, periodicals, etc.
About George College
George College is a premier academic and research institution today, offering quality employment to thousands of job-seekers through career-oriented training. At this institute, students can hope to obtain Full-Time Courses that will enhance their employability and open the doors to a myriad of job opportunities.