Established in 2006, Institute of Management Technology or IMT Dubai is a part of the Dubai International Academic City. It was among the first international school of business to have a fully operational campus in Dubai. The institute is the only independent business school in Dubai accredited by the Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE (MOE – HEA). With over 600 students enrolled in various programs, the institute has a diverse student population representing more than 14 countries. The institute boasts a huge state of the art campus that provides world-class teaching and learning resources, student hostels, sports and recreational facilities.
IMT Dubai provides quality business education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Students can choose between full-time or weekend study options. The institute has a strong international presence and offers exchange programs with more than 26 partner institutions across various parts of Europe, Asia and USA. Students who opt for double degree programs get 2 degrees at the cost of one. 100% of the faculty hold PhDs. The institute ensures professional success of students after graduation by offering internships, company visits, panel discussion, placement assistance, career fair, etc. IMT Dubai is a member of the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) as well as European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
|Location||Dubai International Academic City|
|Campus Size||250,000 square feet|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Weekend|
|Intake Seasons||Spring/ Summer/ Fall|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, grants|
IMT Dubai Campus
- The campus of IMT Dubai is located in Dubai International Academic City covering an area 250,000 square feet.
- There are 8 main buildings on the campus dedicated for various purposes such as information technology, library, student residences, sports and recreation, etc.
- The university has a 700 square metre Learning Resource Center and Wi-Fi is available all over the campus.
- The campus provides various facilities such as amphitheatre, fully-equipped gym, music room, cafeteria, recreation lounge with mini home theatre, carrom, foosball.
- The multipurpose court at the institute provides space for playing basketball, volleyball, handball, badminton and table tennis.
IMT Dubai Residence
- IMT Dubai has on-campus hostel facilities for student accommodation.
- The institution has an accommodation capacity of 600 students.
- Single occupancy and twin sharing options are available for residents.
- Student accommodation has various facilities including Wi-Fi, 24*7 security, dining facility, television lounge, student lounge, gym, music room, multipurpose court and amphitheatre.
- Each floor in student hostels has a washing machine, fridge, ironing facilities and microwave.
IMT Dubai Courses
- IMT Dubai offers only a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at the undergraduate level.
- The institution provides a one-year, full-time MBA program with concentrations in Finance, Operations, Marketing, Digital Business and Entrepreneurship.
- At the graduate level, the institution also offers a Master of Science in Supply Chain Management.
- An executive MBA program is also offered on the weekends specially designed for working professionals.
- The institute provides international exchange programs through its agreements with 15 universities in Europe and the U.S.
- Undergraduate students can opt for an one or two semester exchange program with partner institutions such as Nottingham Trent University, UK, Nova School of Business and Economics, Portugal, ESC Rennes School of Business, France, Kufstein University of Applied Sciences, Austria, etc.
- Double degree programs are also popular among students wherein students receive a degree from a partner university and IMT Dubai as well. The partner institutions include WP Carey School of Business (Arizona State University), USA, Ecole de Management Normandie, France and Kingston University, UK.
IMT Dubai Application Process
IMT Dubai invites applications for the fall, spring and summer semesters. International students can apply to the institute by completing the free application available on the university website. In addition to the academic requirements, international students are required to submit proof of English language proficiency, copy of passport and apply for a visa to study in Dubai.
How to Apply?
Prospective students seeking admission to IMT Dubai must take note of the following details:
Application Fee: No application fee
Application Deadlines: The intakes available for various programs are:
- BBA (full-time) - Fall
- BBA (weekend) - Spring, Summer and Fall
- MBA - Fall
- Executive MBA - Spring, Summer and Fall
Undergraduate Admission Requirements: Undergraduate admission requirements are given below:
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate or equivalent
- Students from non-UAE High School Certificates must submit grade transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- 4 copies of passport size photographs
- Copy of photo identity page of passport
- Equivalency Certificate from the UAE (MOHESR)
Graduate Admission Requirements: The requirements for admission to graduate programs are as follows:
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree program
- Minimum CGPA of 3.0 on 4.0 or equivalent
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Minimum 2 years of experience for one-year MBA program; 3 years of experience for executive MBA program
- Proof of Employment Letter
- Resume/ CV
- GMAT/ CAT is not mandatory
- Personal assessment interview
- Copy of picture page of passport
- 4 copies of passport size photographs
IMT Dubai Cost of Attendance
- The fee structure for one year of study for all programs are tabulated below:
|Expense||Bachelor of Business Administration (in AED)||Executive MBA (in AED)||MBA Evening (in AED)|
|Tuition||36,250||16,000 (for each module)||37,400|
|Administrative Fees||4,076||1,600 (for each module)||5,100|
|Total Tuition Fees||145,000||80,000||74,800|
|Total Administrative Fees||16,300||8,000||10,200|
- Additional fees are payable by BBA students which are given below:
|Expense||Amount per year (in AED)|
|Double Sharing Accommodation||27,000|
|Alumni Membership Fee (one time fee)||370|
|Hostel Deposit (refundable)||3,700|
|Library Deposit (refundable)||1,100|
IMT Dubai Scholarships
- IMT Dubai offers limited scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who meet the academic and English language requirements for admission.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of a holistic review of the applicant’s profile.
- The selection of final candidates for the award of scholarships is done by the Scholarship Board Committee.
- Various types of scholarships awarded to students at IMT Dubai are given below:
- Early Enrollment
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Merit-based Scholarship
- Sibling Discount
- Financial aid
- There is no formal application process to apply for scholarships. However, students must send a request as early as possible for maximum consideration.
IMT Dubai Placements
IMT Dubai provides 100% placement assistance to its students in the form of CV writing, interview preparation, job search skills, networking opportunities. The institute was the winner of Best Internship Placement in the Forbes Higher Education Awards 2019. Among the top employers of graduates were Byju’s, Dabur, Allianz, Godrej, Himalaya, Zomato, Mahindra Holidays, Tally, etc. Around 19% of the graduates were employed in the manufacturing sector while 15% were in the retail sector and another 15% in the financial services. Other sectors where graduates worked include education, hospitality, advertising, consulting, IT services, etc.
IMT Dubai is fully dedicated towards preparing its graduates for successful careers. Besides offering industry relevant curriculum, the institute provides internships, soft skill training, industry speakers once a week, exposure to Corporate Social Responsibility, etc. Over 35 prominent employers visit the Career Fair at IMT every year.
Ques. What is IMT Dubai known for?
Ans. IMT Dubai is known as the only stand alone business school in Dubai accredited by the Ministry of Education, UAE.
Ques. How much does an MBA from IMT Dubai cost?
Ans. The total tuition fee for an MBA from IMT Dubai is 74,800 AED. Students are also required to pay administrative fees amounting to 10,200 AED over the 2 years.
Ques. Does IMT Dubai offer financial aid to international students?
Ans. All entering undergraduate and graduate students at IMT Dubai are eligible to receive scholarships based on their academic profile.
Ques. Does IMT Dubai provide accommodation to international students?
Ans. Yes, IMT Dubai offers accommodation to all students on a first come first serve basis.
Ques. Can students at IMT Dubai live off-campus?
Ans. Yes, students are allowed to make their own arrangements for living off-campus.
Ques. Are students at IMT Dubai allowed to work off-campus?
Ans. Yes, students at IMT Dubai are allowed to work off-campus for 4 hours a day.
Ques. Does IMT Dubai conduct interviews?
Ans. IMT Dubai does not conduct interviews for undergraduate students. Graduate students may be invited for a personal assessment interview.
Ques. Are any standardized test scores required for admission to IMT Dubai?
Ans. No standardized test scores are required for admission to undergraduate admissions. GMAT/ CAT scores are required for admission to graduate programs.
Ques. What if I do not meet the admission requirements at IMT Dubai?
Ans. Students who do not meet the admission requirements at IMT Dubai can also apply for admission. Applications at the institute are reviewed on a holistic basis and also includes communication skills, extracurricular activities, etc.
Ques. Can I speak to an Admissions Counselor at IMT Dubai?
Ans. Yes, students can speak to an Admissions Counselor by sending us an email at email@example.com or call at +97143638862.