Chandigarh University believes in uplifting the education standards and qualifications of students of the nation. With its unique scholarship programs, the Institution is ever encouraging to promote bright students by providing additional benefits. Chandigarh University Scholarship programs are aimed to reward bright students by providing financial aid to their brilliance.
Chandigarh University offers multiple scholarships for both UG and PG students. Candidates must enroll, qualify and secure high marks in CUCET on a mandatory note to be eligible for any kind of scholarship provided. Here is the list of Scholarships provided by Chandigarh University to the students with their qualifying marks as the shortlisting criteria :
COVID-19 Warriors Scholarship Scheme
COVID-19 warriors are everyday super-heroes who are performing Nation Duty and therefore it becomes our duty to look after the future of their children which will be a true mark of gratitude towards their services rendered. Chandigarh University has announced a 10% reservation of seats in all the UG & PG programs offered at its campus for the wards of COVID-19 Warriors for Academic Session 2020-21.
Financial Assistance for Wards for COVID-19 Warriors
Scholarship worth INR 5 Crores would be disbursed under the COVID-19 Warriors Scholarship Scheme to the wards of such national heroes who would be seeking admission to any programs offered by Chandigarh University. 10% fees rebate for the entire course duration would be offered to the students admitted under this scheme.
Who can avail the benefit?
Wards of following Categories of Workers (COVID-19 Warriors) can avail the benefit of the Scheme-
- Wards of Doctors working in Government/ Private Hospitals
- Wards of Nurses/ Para-Medical Staff working in Government/ Private Hospitals
- Wards of Police Personals of any State/ UT
- Wards of Paramilitary Personals
- Wards of Media Persons (Print & Electronic)
- Wards of Sanitation Workers of Municipal Committee or Corporation / Housekeeping Staff of Hospital
Chandigarh University Scholarship – Based on CUCET Score
For each three phases of admission, Chandigarh University Scholarship are disbursed considering the CUCET scores as mentioned in the table below:
|CUCET Scores||Percentage of Scholarship provided|
|First Phase - GOLD, Oct-Dec Session||Second Phase - SILVER, Jan - Apr Session||Third Phase - BRONZE, May - July Session|
Chandigarh University Scholarship – Based on Admission Test Score
For Engineering Courses: Based on JEE Mains - All India Rank, scholarships are provided to the meritorious students. 5% of the total students will be provided with this scheme of scholarship
|All India Rank (AIR)||Amount of Scholarship fee provided|
|Rank < 25000||100% of the Semester fee|
|25001- 50000||75% of the Semester fee|
|50001-75000||50% of the Semester fee|
|75001-100000||20% of the Semester fee|
|100001-125000||10% of the Semester fee|
For MBA program: Based on the Entrance Test scores submitted by the students, meritorious grads can enjoy this scholarship. Only 10% of the total seats in each Course will be alloted for this)
|Entrance Exam||Percentage of marks||Amount of Scholarship provided|
|CAT||More than equal to 80%||50% of the semester fee|
|75-79.99%||25% of the Semester fee|
|70-74.99%||10% of the Semester fee|
|MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ XAT||More than equal to 90%||25% of the Semester fee|
|85-89.99%||20% of the Semester fee|
Chandigarh University Scholarship – Based on 10+2, Diploma and Graduation Marks
Based on 10+2 Exam, Diploma and Graduation qualifying marks marks, with a maximum of 10% seats alloted in total, this scholarship is offered to meritorious students. 10% alloted nominations will be considered for each course
|Percentage of 10+2 marks||Amount of Scholarship provided|
|More than equal to 90%||50% of Semester fee|
|85-89.99%||20% of Semester fee|
|80-84.99%||10% of Semester fee|
Students with CGPA 9.5 and above who do not avail any other scholarship are waived with 10% of the tuition fee. For M.Sc, M.E students who take up Teaching Assistant Option, they are given a Stipend of INR 5000-8000/- per Semester.
National Children Science Congress Scholarship
Students who have participated in the National Children Science Congress are given tuition fee waiver of about 10% in any course/ program. The top 10 award winners will be waived with 100% of the tuition fee for any course/ program in Chandigarh University
Chandigarh University also provides 10% concession on yearly fee to:
- Single girl child for the entire duration of the course.
- Wards of teachers (must have been in regular service for a year) for the entire duration of the course. Maximum of 5% of total seats in each course shall be offered
- One of the siblings is studying in any affiliated institute of Chandigarh University. The scholarship will be provided till both the siblings are studying in the university.
- Both female siblings for the entire duration of the course.
Also, a 20% concession on yearly fee for Single Parent. Concession under Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (AFEWS) for Wards/Spouse of Defence Personnels Wards and spouses of different categories of Defence personnel will also be given the benefit of free -ship in the semester fee.
- 15% Concession of yearly fee for the war widows, wards of war casualties, war injured and released defence personnel, spouse and their wards, war disabled defence personnel -getting superannuated, spouse and their wards.
- 10% Concession of yearly fee for the wards/Spouse of serving and retired defence personnel.
- 10% Concession of yearly fee for the wards/Spouse of paramilitary forces personnel.
Chandigarh University Scholarship – On the basis of Sports Quota
|Category||Achievement Level||Category of Medals earned||Fee Concession|
|‘O’ Category||First three positions in International Level.||Gold Medal||100%|
|Represented India after approval of National Sports Federation and SAI/IOA in championship scheduled as part of the annual international Sports Calendar.||Silver Medal||100%|
|Participated as a member of the Combined University team at the international level.||Bronze Medal||100%|
|‘A’ Category||Medal in senior/junior National & S.G.F.I National championship/ Youth National Championship/ National Women Sports Festival/ All India Inter-University championship. (Org. by AIU only)||Gold Medal||100%|
|‘B’ Category||Medal in senior/junior National & S.G.F.I National championship / Youth National Championship / National Women Sports Festival / All India Inter-University championship. (Org. by AIU only).||Gold Medal||90%|
|‘C’ Category||Medal in North Zone Inter-University Championship. (Org. by AIU only)/ Senior State Championship State School Games/ Rural national games.||Gold Medal||60%|
- Category ‘O’ and ‘A’ is valid for B.A, B.P.Ed & P.G.D.Y. programs only.
- Category ‘B’ and C’ is valid for other professional courses/programs only.
- Category ‘‘O’ & ‘A’ category Scholarship Policy is applicable on following games:
Athletics, Archery, Boxing, Best Physique, Gatka, Judo, Powerlifting, Rowing, Shooting Taekwondo, Wrestling, Weightlifting, Wushu, American Football, Tennis, Chess.
Terms and Conditions:
- Students’ last two years performance Certificates will be considered only.
- The total fee concession will include Uniform fee, Examination fee, Security fee, C.U. fest fee and fresher party fee.
- Evaluation trials will be taken after every 45 days
- In general sports admission for ‘B’ & ‘C’ Category, only 2% of the total seats in each course will be offered for sports admission.
- Individual games will be preferred for admission.
- Training camp attendance of Players will be counted and a minimum attendance should be 90%.
Selection procedure for the scholarship will be done on the basis of:
- Performance Trials.
- Original certificates related to sports achievements required for verification.
- For renewal of the above mentioned Scholarships, it is necessary that candidate must maintain a minimum of 7.5 CGPA with no E (Exposed), F (Poor) or I (Incomplete) grades. If any case of such arises, then the scholarship procedure will be terminated and discontinued.