Selection of candidates will be based on the Rank List which is prepared on the basis of qualifying examination.
- Under Pre-CBCSS pattern, the rank of PG degree programs will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination in part III subjects. The index mark is arrived at after adding/deducting weightage/bonus marks/handicap marks if any.
- Under CBCSS (NEW) pattern, the CGPA secured for Part III Core group (Core +Complementary courses). The index mark is arrived after adding/deducting weight/bonus marks/handicap marks if any
The Bonus marks will be awarded as:
- Five marks will be awarded to NCC and NSS candidates for admission to all programs
- 15 marks will be awarded to the Ex-servicemen applicants, widows, and children of Jawans.
- 10 marks will be awarded to applicants who have graduated from Sacred Heart College, Thevara
Deduction in Marks
Handicap mark of 5 will be deducted from the total rank marks for each additional appearance he/she has taken for completing the qualifying examination. Number of chances means the number of chances for passing any part of the qualifying examination excluding cancellation.
In case, more than one candidate obtaining equal index marks, the following tiebreaker will be considered:
- Candidate who has scored more marks in Part III will be placed higher in ranking
- If the tie persists, candidate who has scored more marks in Part I common courses/papers English will be placed higher in ranking
- If the tie still persists, the marks scored in Part II common course / additional language will be considered
- If the tie still persists, the age of the candidates will be taken into account, the older being placed higher in the ranking
- If the tie persists, the alphabetical order of the first name of the candidates will be taken into account
Candidates need to bring original copies of these documents for verification and confirmation of admission. The list of documents are as follows:
- Copy of the online application
- Allotment Memo received online
- Certificate to prove date of birth (Copy of Class X Mark List)
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate
- Grade card/ Mark lists of all parts of the Degree examination and Provisional/Degree Certificate
- Medical certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, in the case of candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidates
- Relevant ORIGINAL certificates in case of candidates who have availed bonus/weightage of marks (NSS/NCC/Ex-servicemen)