Founded in 1929, Annamalai University is one of Asia's largest public residential universities located in India. It was one of the first institutions in the country to offer courses of higher education in diverse streams such as science, engineering, humanities, agriculture, and arts. Housing 10 faculties and 49 departments of study, the university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in multiple specializations.
Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University was the first institution in India to offer postgraduate degree programs in Applied Psychology, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Bioinformatics and Law through distance education.
- For UG courses seats will be allotted on the basis marks obtained in 10+2.
- Admission to all PG courses is done on the basis of marks obtained in entrance exam which is conducted by the University except M.Sc/MA/M.Com.
- For MA, M.Sc., M.Com., Admission is given on the basis of marks obtained in Graduation.
- For M.Phi. and Ph.D., Admission will be done through written test and interview conducted by the University.
- For admission to BPEd and MPEd, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of qualifying degree merit, sports skills, and written test.
- In case of B.Ed and M.Ed, admissions shall be done on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree examination.