September 28, 2020: ASTU has released rank cards for students.
The Assam Engineering College, Guwahati is one of the premier institutes in the northeast founded in the year 1955. The institute provides a bachelor in a total of 8 fields of engineering. The branches include a computer, electrical, chemical, instrumentation, mechanical, civil, electronics and telecommunications, and industrial and productions. The post-graduation is offered in mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering and master of computer applications. Other than engineering, the institute conducts courses like science, humanities, and computer application.
For admission, one must clear CEE and JEE mains/ Advance. The institute is a hub for many activities in Assam for the last 6 decades. It is situated in the natural climate surrounded by the hills and colorful flame of trees. Institute has an excellent training and placement record.
Assam Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1955 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) , UGC|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Doctorate|
|Popular Courses||BE, ME, MCA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test, counselling|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Ashok Leyland, BARC, BCPL, Capgemini, Cognizant, DELL India, Federal Bank, Havells, IBM, ICICI, L & T Ltd|
|Campus Area||400+ Acres|
|Facilities Available||Digital library, AEEC bus service, student activity center, computer center,etc.|
Assam Engineering College Courses
The college offers UG, PG as well as Doctorate courses in the field of Engineering. At UG level B.E is offered and at PG level ME and MCA are offered by the college. LAteral entry to BE is also allowed for all the courses.
|Course||Specialization||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|12th passed with Physics, chemistry and math subjects with minimum 50 % or 40 % for SC/ST. Must appear for CEE examination. Lateral entry student must passed with 3 year diploma from||Based on the score in the CEE examination.|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Industrial and Production Engineering|
|Soil Mechanics/Geotechnical Engineering||2 years||BE / B.Tech in relevant discipline||GATE|
|Watershed Management and Flood Control|
|MCA||-||3 years||Graduation and 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject||Assam JMEE|
|PhD||Civil Engineering||Minimum 3 years||Master's degree in relevant discipline||Entrance exam conducted by college|
Read more: AEC Guwahati Courses & Fees
Assam Engineering College Admission
For admission in UG courses students must clear the CEE exam conducted every year through ASTU (Assam Science Technical University). For lateral admission students must fill a form for Assam JLEE (Joint Lateral Entrance Examination).
For admission a student must fulfill the following criteria:
- Students must pass with 10+2 structures with physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects.
- Candidates must secure rank in the CEE examination.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply through the online mode. The Government of Assam issues advertisements every year in newspapers regarding the examination.
- Candidates applying through the reservation quota must present the certificates.
- The candidates of employees of central government must apply with the last school or college attended permanent resident certificate of parents belonging to the native state.
- The candidates of ex-defense employees should give authorized certificates at the time of admission.
- Students must fill an online form and submit the form along with the copy of other documents.
Read more: AEC Guwahati Admission 2020
Assam Engineering College Placement
Institute has the training and placement cell which conducts lots of activities related to the training and placement.
Following table shows some of the past recruiters of the institute:
|ABB India||Dell India||Huawei|
|ABCI Infrastructure||Denso||Federal Bank|
|Accenture||BARC||L & T Infotech|
|Ashok Leyland||BEL||Ericsson India|
Read more: AEC Guwahati Placement
Assam Engineering College Scholarship
Institute gives the scholarship for the topper of course. A number of government scholarships, research fellowships are available for the students.
The students have to apply for the scholarships based on the eligibility criteria at the beginning of the academic session. Most of the scholarships are merit based but some scholarships are also available for SC/ST students and students belonging to EWS category as per the norms of government.
Read more: AEC Guwahati Scholarship
Assam Engineering College Facilities
Institute provides various facilities for the wellbeing of students. Some of them are as follows:-
- Hostels: There are 8 hostels in the institute. 7 are boy’s hostels and 1 is girl’s hostel. All the hostels are well ventilated and managed. Each hostel has a fully furnished common room. There are a number of national dailies and magazines to keep the student up to date.
- Dining & housing: The spacious dining hall is available for students and a wide variety of snacks and dishes are available. Students can get quality meals with affordable rates.
- Student Activity Center: Student activity center provides students different opportunities to develop hobbies and passion and crafts-garners. Student activity center includes SOVIC, Coding Club, Robotics Club, AEC Jam Club, Art artist artwork-AEC, Beathouse, AEC Literary society, Mukhaa-the drama society, Energy club and media cell
- Library: The college has a library which has 60000+ books, eBooks and journals.
- Other Facilities: They include computer center, health care, multi-disciplinary center and bank and post services.
Assam Engineering College Faculty
Faculty of Assam College of Engineering is well qualified and have good technical skills and knowledge. Institute has around 100+ faculty members and 2000+ students. Institute has the student to faculty ratio of 1:16. The teachers promote interactive classroom learning and impart knowledge through various practical ways like experiments, workshops and seminars. Most of the faculties are from IIT Roorkee and the University of Roorkee. The college has several head professors, associate professors, assistant professors to guide the student and clear doubts. The college is headed by the principal Dr. Atul Bora.
Read more: AEC Guwahati Faculty
Assam Engineering College FAQs
Ques. Is Assam College of engineering good for engineering?
Ans. Yes, it is one of the oldest premier institutes in north-east India. The college has all the facilities required and offers best placement opportunities to the students. The faculty is also very well experienced.
Ques. Which are different Entrance Exams available for admission in Assam College of engineering?
Ans. The exam available for admission is CEE and JEE Mains/ advance. For the PG admission, gate exam is required. Also for lateral entry to any of the courses of BE, JLEE is required.
Ques. How are the hostel facilities at Assam College of engineering?
Ans. There are seven boy’s hostels and one hostel for girls in Assam College of Engineering. Hostel has facilities like table tennis, gymnasium, Wi-Fi and a spacious dining hall.
Ques. Are any skill development courses available at Assam College of Engineering?
Ans. Yes, Assam College of Engineering has recently launched job oriented skill based courses. Thes students can apply for these courses through the official website and pursue them alongside their main course work.
Ques. What is the location of Assam College of ENgineering?
Ans. Assam College of Engineering is located in Guwahati and is 30 minutes drive away from LGBI Airport, 15 minutes from ISBT Guwahati, 1 hour from Railway Station and about 11 kms from the heart of the city.