CLAT Eligibility 2022 is that candidates must have completed their qualifying examination with a minimum of 45% aggregate. Also, 5% relaxation is given to candidates of reserved category. CLAT Eligibility criteria will allow the candidates to complete CLAT 2022 Registration, however, candidates are given admissions only if they clear the requirements of the university during the admissions process. Check CLAT 2022 Exam Dates
- In accordance with the revised rules set by the Consortium of NLUs, candidates from any age group can apply for CLAT 2022.
- Candidates can attempt CLAT 2022 with no limits on their attempts.
- Other than Indian Nationals, candidates who are NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are also eligible to apply for CLAT 2022.
- Candidates must also fulfill the CLAT Eligibility during the time of counselling. Also Check CLAT Counselling.
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria: Nationality, Age Limit and Number of Attempts
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2022 under parameters listed below:
|Nationality||Candidates who are Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCI are eligible to appear for CLAT 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Age Limit||As per the newly revised criterion, the UG Program will have no upper age limit. There is no higher age limit for taking the CLAT 2021 exam.|
|Number of Attempts||Candidates should be aware that the consortium has set no time constraint for taking CLAT 2022. Candidates can take the CLAT UG/PG exam as many times as they desire.|
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for CLAT UG/PG courses
CLAT UG Eligibility 2022
- Candidates who are General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI categories, must have secured 45% aggregate marks or its equivalent in their qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination).
- Candidates belonging from the SC/ST categories, must have secured 40% aggregate or its equivalent.
CLAT PG Eligibility 2022
- For candidates belonging to the General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories, an LLB Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% or its equivalent grade is required.
- For candidates belonging from the SC/ST category, 45% aggregate or its equivalent grade is required.
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria for Final Year Students
Candidates who will take the qualifying test in March/April 2021 will also be eligible to take the CLAT 2022 exam.
- Final year candidates, however, are required to show proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, or they will forfeit their right to be considered for admission.
- Candidates who do not submit the marksheet/ certificates of their passing with the required marks will not be eligible for admissions.
CLAT 2022: Score Tie-breaker
In case of score tie between candidates, NLU uses the following procedure to break the tie.
CLAT 2022: UG Score Tie-breaker
In the event of a tie, the following procedure and order will be used to break the tie:
- Higher scores in legal aptitude subject
- Older age
- Computerized lotteries
CLAT 2022: PG Score Tie-breaker
In the event of a tie in PG CLAT 2022, the following procedure and sequence will be used to break the tie:
- Older age
- Computerized lotteries
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria for International Students
Candidates applying through NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National category, should contact their concerned university for admission requirements, eligibility, required documents, and other related questions under the NRI Quota.
- Candidates applying for NRI category must appear for CLAT 2022 for those NLUs that require CLAT Exam as a requirement for admission to the category.
- The CLAT Office will be responsible for releasing a list of candidates who are eligible for admission in this category.
- In other circumstances, candidates must visit the respective universities they want to attend to know if CLAT 2022 is a requirement for admissions in NRI category.
CLAT 2022 Admissions: Documents Required by the NRI Candidates
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is an NRI/OCI or PIO Card
Sponsors for NRI Students
The person who willingly sponsors candidates for admission is required to be a first-degree relation of the student and shall be residing abroad as a Non-Resident Indian.
- In case the student has no parents or near relatives or is taken as a ward by some other nearest relative, such students also may be considered for admission.
- The guardian must have legally treated the applying candidate as a ward. Such guardians shall file an affidavit mentioning the interest in the education of the candidate and also their relationship with the candidate.
- It is mandatory for that person to also be a Non-Resident Indian and ordinarily residing abroad.
CLAT 2022 Admissions: Documents Required by NRI Sponsored Candidates
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is an NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of the student over the next 5 years.
CLAT 2022 Eligibility FAQs
Ques: What law programmes can I pursue after appearing for CLAT 2022?
Ans: The programmes offered by the NLUs through CLAT 2022 are BA LLB, BBA LLB. BSc LLB, BCom LLB. Postgraduate programmes LLM are also offered in some universities.
Ques: How many seats are offered through CLAT 2022?
Ans: CLAT UG currently has 2522 seats available, while CLAT LLM has 1635. There are state-merit list seats and All India seats among these. There are also category-based seat reservations for both state and all-India seats.
Ques: Can a student from any commerce background give the CLAT 2022 exam?
Ans: Yes, students from any stream (Commerce/ Science/ Arts) can attend CLAT 2022 for UG courses. However, for PG courses, candidates must have passed the LLB course or its equivalent.
Ques: What is the application fee for CLAT 2022?
Ans: The application fee for CLAT 2022 for General/OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO/OCI is INR 4,000, Candidates applying through BPL/SC/ST category only have to pay INR 3,500
Ques: Will clearing CLAT 2022 guarantee me admission to any National Law University of India?
Ans: No, passing CLAT will only qualify you for admission to national law schools. However, candidates must meet all of the eligibility conditions of the university which they wish to attend.
Ques: Can I apply for CLAT 2022 in offline mode?
Ans: No, the CLAT application form will only be available in an online format. In offline mode, you are unable to apply.
Ques: What documents do I need to upload for filling the CLAT 2022 application form?
Ans: Candidates must upload a recent passport-size photograph, a scanned copy of their signature, and a copy of their domicile certificate while filling out the CLAT application form.
Ques: What details should candidates retain after completion of CLAT 2022 applications?
Ans: After completing the application form, CLAT candidates should keep the following information in mind: (a) CLAT Application Form in hard copy (b) Details of the fee receipt (c) CLAT ID and password produced by a computer.
Ques: How many questions will be asked in CLAT 2022?
Ans: There will be 150 MCQ-type questions in the CLAT UG. Around 120 MCQ-type questions are asked in the CLAT 2022 PG.
Ques: What is the examination mode of CLAT 2022?
Ans: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak last year, the CLAT was conducted entirely online. Otherwise, CLAT is administered in a pen-and-paper format.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.