This year, the JEE Advanced exam which will be conducted on September 27, 2020 by IIT Delhi has seen a drastic drop in the number of registered candidates. The admit card for JEE Advanced has been released and can be downloaded till the exam date.
Held every year around the month of May, this year the pandemic has not only reduced the number of registered students from the usual 2.5 lakh to just 160864, but also pushed the JEE Advanced 2020 exam dates by 4 months. The number of exam centres has also doubled this year.
According to authorities, strict social distancing norms will be implemented in keeping with the guidelines set by the Indian Government. Business partner TCS iON will help implement these measures which can be divided into 5 categories; guidelines at the centre, pre exam guidelines, entry rules, exam rules, and post exam regulations.
Guidelines to be Followed at the Centre
- The entire exam centre and exam equipments like mouse, keyboard, will be thoroughly sanitised and disinfected.
- Candidates will be seated in alternate seats to ensure proper distancing.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for examinees and authorities alike at various places all over the exam centre.
- Admit cards will be scanned with the help of barcode scanners at the entry gate after which candidates will be informed of their room/lab number.
- Scribble pads will be available for invigilators wearing gloves and the entire process will be touch free.
Guidelines to be followed before examination
- Candidates must arrive at the time communicated to them the day before exam to avoid crowding at the gate.
- All candidates are to follow COVID-19 Self Declaration as mentioned on the Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2020.
Guidelines to be followed at entry time
- Candidates are to wear masks throughout the exam and carry a bottle of sanitizer and transparent bottle.
- Candidates must maintain at least 6 feet distance from each other, stand on floor marks and follow all instructions given by exam authorities.
- Candidates will be informed of their lab/room number which will not be displayed outside JEE Advanced Exam Centres
- Before entry, candidates must sanitize their hands with soap and sanitizer. Body temperatures will be checked at entry with thermo guns.
- Candidates violating COVID guidelines will be denied permission to appear for exam.
Guidelines to be followed during examination
- Candidates must sign the scribble pad provided to them for rough work on which signature and registration number must be written.
- Candidates must sign their name in the roll list before and after which sanitizer may be used.
- Candidates must hand their admit card over to the invigilator without fail.
Guidelines to be followed after JEE Advanced 2020 examination
- After examination candidates must move out in an orderly manner.
- Candidates must not move until clear instructions have not been given by invigilator.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.