JEE Advanced Physics syllabus 2022 will be updated here soon after the official brochure for JEE Advanced 2022 is released. JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus consists of units- General Physics, Mechanics, Modern Physics, Optics, Thermal Physics, and Electricity and Magnetism. The topics with the highest weightage in JEE Advanced Physics as per the previous year's analysis include- Gravitation, Rotation, Waves, and Mechanics. Check JEE Advanced Syllabus 2022
- Physics is considered to be the most time-consuming section with questions ranging from difficult to Moderate.
- As per the previous year's analysis, the highest weightage in JEE Advanced Physics is from the unit Electrodynamics with topics like Capacitance, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Field, and Electromagnetic Induction. Check JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
- There will be two papers in the exam and both are necessary. JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus has been revised for 2023. Check JEE Advanced 2023 Syllabus.
Table of Contents
JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus 2022
|Unit 1||General Physics|
|Units and Dimensions|| |
|Experimental Analysis|| |
|Kinematics and Newton’s laws of motion|| |
|Systems of particles|| |
|Gravitation and Harmonic motions|| |
|Inertia and Momentum|| |
|Waves and Thermal Physics|| |
|Unit 3||Modern Physics|
|Atoms and Nuclei|| |
|Reflection and Refraction|| |
|Wave nature of light|| |
|Unit 5||Electricity and magnetism|
|Electric Fields|| |
|Electric current|| |
|Electromagnetic Induction And Magnetic Fields|| |
JEE Advanced Physics Topic-wise Weightage (Paper 1)
|Centre of Mass, Momentum, and Collision||6-7%|
|Wave Motion and String Waves||6-7%|
JEE Advanced Physics Topic-wise weightage (Paper 2)
|Measurement and Errors||4-5%|
JEE Advanced 2021 Physics Analysis
- JEE Advanced Physics Section was considered the toughest by candidates who had appeared in JEE Advanced 2021, with a large weightage of questions being asked from the class 12 Syllabus.
- While difficulty level of the Physics section ranged from difficult to moderate with a high weightage of questions from topics like Gravitation, Rotation, Thermodynamics, Waves, and Mechanics.
- Physics Section was also considered to be a time-consuming section by candidates.
JEE Advanced 2022 Preparation Tips
- Try sincerely and be Stress – Free
- Make a period table and appropriate it similarly to all subjects
- Break down and Work on Weak Areas
- Underline Important Points while Studying
- Have a Positive Attitude towards the Exam
- Make a Perfect Study Plan
- Plan to Complete the Syllabus on Time
- Relax and Take a Break Between the Tests
- Follow Better Books for JEE Preparation
- Give Lot of Mock Tests and Increase Confidence
- Act naturally – Disciplined to Accomplish the Success
- Consistently Practice and Learn from the Mistakes
Preparation books for JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus 2022
- HC Verma – Concept of Physics (Part 1)
- HC Verma – Concept of Physics (Part 2)
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- NCERT Textbooks
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus 2022 FAQs
Ques. Has the JEE advanced schedule changed for 2022?
Ans.: The official brochure for JEE Advanced will be released tentatively in May 2022. It will contain details regarding JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus 2022. If JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus 2022 is revised, it will be updated here.
Ques. Does HC Verma for Physics follow JEE Advanced Syllabus 2022?
Ans.: JEE Advanced 2022 official brochure has not been released yet. However, HC Verma for Physics holds some more extensive subjects that are not asked in JEE Advanced. You can avoid the additional themes by checking them through JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus as soon as it is released.
Ques. Which book is the best for JEE Advanced Physics Preparation 2022?
Ans.: Candidates can prepare for JEE Advanced Physics 2022 by studying from books like Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker, Understanding Physics by DC Pandey, Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov.
Ques. What sort of questions are asked in JEE Advanced Physics section?
Ans.: JEE Advance Physics section will comprise questions intended to test the understanding, thinking, and insightful capacity of applicants.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.