Test ck editor Latest Update: AIIMS Delhi is now adopting a new way of selecting students for PG admissions. AIIMS Delhi PG admissions 2021 will now be based on INI-CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test). Students applying for MD, MS, M.Ch, DM, and MDS are required to appear for the INI CET exam for 2021 admissions. INI CET will be conducted on November 20, 2020, for medical and dental courses between 9 AM to 12 PM.
In addition to this, the institute is also preparing for the M Biotechnology and Ph.D. admissions. AIIMS Delhi on October 1, 2020 released a list of students selected for admission to M Biotechnology program. The first admission date scheduled for the admission is October 12, 2020. The first provisional list for the Ph.D. admission July 2020 session will be announced on October 5, 2020.
AIIMS Delhi Admission Dates 2020
|Online registration for application||September 29, 2020|
|Last date of registration||October 12, 2020|
|Editing of basic registration||October 14, 2020|
|Last date of editing basic registration||October 17, 2020|
|Final status of accepted basic registration||October 19, 2020|
|Generation of Registration Unique Code (RUC)||October 6 to October 26, 2020|
|Final Registration (only for the candidates those have generated RUC code)|
|Editing of Basic & Final Registration|
|Uploading of valid certificates|
|Date(s) of checking the status of Final Registration & Last date of submission of required documents.||November 3, to November 6, 2020|
|Final Status of Final Registration and uploading of admit card on AIIMS website||November 10, 2020|
|Date of Examination||November 20, 2020|
|M Biotechnology Entrance exam||August 21, 2020|
|M Biotechnology first merit list||October 1, 2020|
|M Biotechnology admission date against first merit list||October 12, 2020|
|First provisional list for the Ph.D. admission July 2020||October 5, 2020|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, widely known as AIIMS Delhi is an Autonomous Medical University located in New Delhi duly recognized by the UGC and Medical Council of India. There is a total of 7 AIIMS located at different locations all over India. These branches are famous as AIIMS hospital or AIIMS University as they provide world-class medical facilities & uses advanced medical techniques & treatments. AIIMS offers its own medical degrees & distinctions in UG, PG & Doctoral programs. Admission to these programs is based on marks obtained by the student in the National Level Entrance exam.
Read More: AIIMS Delhi Cutoff
AIIMS Delhi Highlights
Here are some quick highlights on All India Institute of Medical Sciences:
|Established Year | University Type||1956 | Autonomous University|
|Recognized by||UGC, MCI|
|Entrance Exam||AIIMS MBBS|
|Courses Offered | Type||Medical Sciences | UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 1,500 (INR 1,200 for SC/ST)|
|No. of other AIIMS Institutions||7|
|Library||61,423 books, 53,547 journals and 14,008 reports|
|AIIMS Delhi Address||AIIMS Delhi, Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi - 110029, India
|Official Website/ Helpdesk||https://www.aiims.edu/en.html / +91-1126588500|
AIIMS Delhi Rankings
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi is ranked Nationally as well as on the world scale.
- AIIMS (New Delhi) was ranked 338 in the world in 2019 in the category of Life Sciences and Medicine by QS WUR.
- AIIMS (New Delhi) was ranked 1st among all medical colleges in India in 2019 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2019.
- It was also ranked 1st in India by India Today and Outlook India in 2018 and by The Week in 2017.
AIIMS Delhi Courses
AIIMS offers many medical allied courses at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels with valuable feature and modern technologies which rarely matches from any other medical college in India. The university allows applications in many modern-day courses such as MBBS, B.Sc.(Nursing), M.Sc.(Nursing), M.Sc.(Biotechnology), M.Sc., MD, MS, MDS, MHA & M.Ch.
With respect to the postgraduate education offered by the institution, the main objective is to enhance training & research facilities for the teachers of Medical Colleges in India. Students are exposed to new methods of medical teaching so that they could use them in future practices.
Apart from all Ph.D. Courses in some valuable specializations for the career-oriented skillful individuals.
Read More: AIIMS Delhi Fee Structure
AIIMS Delhi MBBS Admission
The AIIMS medical entrance exam for MBBS course known as AIIMS MBBS is held for a total of 672 seats offered by 7 AIIMS located all over India. This year AIIMS MBBS will be conducted only at AIIMS Delhi, Jodhpur, Raipur, Patna, Rishikesh, Bhubaneshwar & Bhopal. All of these also function as full-time hospital strives to provide better medical services.
How to apply?
Applicants need to fill the AIIMS application form through AIIMS official website. It includes filling up the personal details & selection of the desired course.
AIIMS Login: Students need to log in to the AIIMS website in order to select their desired subject or mainstream.
In order to complete the AIIMS registration, students have to pay the required prescribed amount of non-refundable fees. After that, they need to select an AIIMS online option. In this process, students have to fill all personal & fee details (through debit/credit card or Bank Challan).
Note: There is no application fee for OPH category students.
Status of AIIMS Registration:
Applicants are informed about their successful registration through e-mail on their registered e-mail ID. The status of application form & AIIMS admit card are updated on the official website of AIIMS.
If the status of a candidate’s Application or Admit Card is not available on the website, he/she should immediately write to the below-mentioned address along with Registration details of application form through e-mail.
Assistant Controller of Examinations,
AIIMS New Delhi-110608
Read More: AIIMS Delhi Admissions
AIIMS Delhi Key Features
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), has become a lifesaving institution. The dream of Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee which found favor of the government of New Zealand and then only it became possible. A generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of AIIMS in 1952. The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through the act of Parliament.
- It is located at Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi
- The Institute has modern facilities for teaching, research, and patient care. AIIMS conducts teaching programs in medical and para-medical courses for both levels UG & PG.
- Teaching and research are conducted in 42 disciplines. In the field of medical research, AIIMS is having more than 600 research publications by the faculty and many researchers in one year.
- AIIMS also runs the College of Nursing in which they train students for a B.Sc.(Hons.) degrees.
- 25 clinical departments including four super specialty centers manage practically all types of disease conditions with support from pre and Para-clinical departments.
- AIIMS also has a 60-bedded hospital in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre at Ballabgarh, Haryana and provides health coverage to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine.
AIIMS Delhi Functions
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical, biological sciences.
- Education innovations
- Nursing and dental education
- Producing medical teachers' country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Healthcare: preventive, promotive, and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
AIIMS Delhi Research
- Image analysis system for the quantitative and stereological study of tissues.
- Control of Diarrheal Diseases.
- Flow Cytometry in progress in Biotechnology Laboratory for identification of DNA ploidy and surface markers in cancer cells.
AIIMS Delhi Alumni Network
The AIIMSONIANS is the indexed association of ALUMNI of AIIMS, New Delhi, India. It was set up in 1962 when the first batch of MBBS students bade adieu. Some of the activities are listed below:
- Annual AIIMsonians Picnic
- The AIIMsonians Banquet
- PULSE – The cultural & social extravaganza.
- Annual Aiimsonians Cricket Match
AIIMS Delhi Conferences & Workshops
International Conference on Cognitive Behavior Intervention (ICCBI AIIMS-2015)
- The event will be held on 5th & 6th March of 2015 along with pre-conference training workshops and post-conference training workshops on the 4th of March and on 7th March of 2015 respectively.
- ICCBI AIIMS - 2015 is designed to be the State of the Art Conference, providing a rich platform for National and International participation from students and faculty.
AIIMS Delhi Facilities
- The AIIMS Library is well equipped with all modern facilities and huge collections of books. Library building consists of two floors with an area of 27000 square feet and a seating capacity of 300 people.
- The library is a treasure house having 61,423 books, 53,547 journals and 14,008 reports in the field of Biomedical Sciences. The library receives 490 journals and 80 newsletters every year.
Computer facility was created in the institute in 1978 in the Department of Biophysics. At the point, computerization was on a small scale and was catering only to Biophysics. In 1987, the institute decided to augment the facility and Computer facility was created and became operational in full scale in January 1989.
- The Central Workshop was established in 1964 under the Colombo Plan by Australian Govt. to promote the repair and maintenance of World Class Biomedical Equipments.
- It was also assigned WHO Project India 0199 to train the technicians for medical equipment’s maintenance under the project of CWS through WHO and UNICEF.
- Central Workshop has trained 206 trainees from different State Hospitals in India and the underdeveloped countries in South East Asia such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan & Burma.
E.H.S. (Dept. of Family Medicine) was established on a pattern of Central Government Health Services at AIIMS to take care of promotive, preventive and curative aspects of health care of Institute employees and their dependents.
Recognizing the contribution of the laboratory and the need for the ultrastructural investigations, the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India established a Regional Electron Microscope facility in 1983 at AIIMS under its RSIC/SIF program. This center is now known as the Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF) – AIIMS, New Delhi, under the SAIF Program of DST.
Medical Social Welfare Services
The Welfare Officer at AIIMS is involved in the following multifarious welfare activities concerning patients and employees.
National Poison Information Centre
The National Poisons Information Centre (NPIC) was established in the Department of Pharmacology at AIIMS in 1995.
Telemedicine is an emerging field in healthcare arising out of the synergistic convergence of Information Technology with Medical Science having enormous potential in meeting the challenges of healthcare delivery to rural and remote areas besides several other applications in education, training, and management in the health sector
AIIMS Excellence Award (2012), Awarded First Prize to Dr. D.N.Rao, Professor, Department of Biochemistry.
AIIMS Delhi Recognition
- "AIIMS is India’s best public hospital. The Government-run hospital, with around 2,000 beds, treated 3.5 million people yet, achieving mortality and infection rates comparable to the best facilities in the developed world – for fees that come to about $1 a day for inpatients" Newsweek
- "Best Medical College in India" India Today, Outlook
AIIMS Delhi FAQ
Ques. What is the selection procedure for AIIMS Delhi M.Sc 2020?
Ans. The selection of candidates is done on the basis of the entrance test, i.e. NEET and class 12 percentage. After the conduction of the exam, counseling is done on the basis of the merit list prepared.
Ques. In case I have a Birth Certificate / Caste Certificate/other certificates (s) in the regional language, will this be acceptable at the time of reporting at AIIMS?
Ans. Certificates issued by the authority should be either in English language or the Hindi language. The candidates are advised to carry a Certified Copy of the English version of the original certificate, (along with the original document) if the certificate issued is in another language.
Ques. Who is eligible for Hostel accommodation at AIIMS, Delhi?
Ans. All students (UG, PG) of any stream, all Junior and Senior Residents and Ph.D. Scholars are eligible for Hostel Accommodation. Also, the trainees and students from overseas who pursue elective training in AIIMS may apply for the hostels.
It is always advised to check if accommodation is available at the time of application, as sometimes there arises a shortage of hostels.
Ques. Is the money refunded, if someone doesn’t join the course at AIIMS, Delhi?
Ans. Fees and other charges including hostel rent once paid are not refundable in any case and no related queries are to be entertained. However, the caution money will be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. The caution money must be claimed within one year after applying for the refund.
Ques. Are foreign students given admission into the institutes like AIIMS, Delhi?/
Ans. Foreign nationals are advised to fill the online application form and choose a subject of his/her choice for admission to PG courses.
The foreign nationals are recommended to send their Registration Slip of Online application through Diplomatic Channel. They also need to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates.
Ques. Is there any reservation of seat system followed at AIIMS, Delhi?
Ans. Out of the total seats(excluding for Sponsored/Foreign National candidates), reservation of the seats will be provided to the candidates belonging to the SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer), and EWS.
- 15% for SC
- 7.5% for ST
- 27% for OBC
- 10% for EWS
Ques. What is the application fee for the MD course and mode of payment?
Ans. The application fee is as follows:
- General/OBC Category: INR 1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST/EWS Category: INR 1200/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- PWBD Candidates is exempted from any Fee
Candidates can pay the fee through methods like Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.