Ques. What is the NATA application fee for 2020?
Ans. NATA application fee for 2020 is as follows:
- General: INR 2000 (One attempt) and INR 3800 (Both attempts)
- SC/ ST: INR 1700 (One attempt) and INR 3100 (Both attempts)
- Exam center Outside India: INR 10,000 (One attempt) and INR 18000 (Both attempts)
Ques. What are the admission criteria for Mysore University Lecturership programs?
Ans. The admission to the Lecturership program is via KSET (Karnataka State Eligibility Test). The UGC and Government of Karnataka have identified the University of Mysore as a Nodal Agency to conduct Karnataka SET (K-SET) for Lecturership.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for KSET?
Ans. To be eligible for the KSET exam, the following are the conditions:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB), in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's Degree (First or Second Semester) or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master's Degree (Final Year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master's degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC (Cat- I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB]and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
Ques. Does the University of Mysore award scholarship to students?
Ans. The State and Central Governments have been awarding a number of scholarships to meritorious and deserving students. Subject scholarships, Endowment scholarships, Sports Scholarships, Minority Scholarships, and Single Girl Child Scholarships are also available. In addition, special scholarships for children of political sufferers, defense personnel, and physically challenged are available. Students belonging to economically weaker sections of the society have the benefit of free studentships.
Ques. Is there a transport facility available from the UOM’s side?
Ans. The KSRTC plies city buses to the campus from all corners of the city with a frequency of 20 minutes.
Ques. What accommodation facilities does the University of Mysore offer to International students?
Ans. The university provides hostel facilities to its international students. The hostels have independent rooms, space for study, Computer Lab, Guest House, internet connectivity, kitchenette facility, attached washrooms, and enclosed chests for keeping belongings.
Ques. How will I avail my scholarship, cash, cheque, or it will be transferred to my bank account directly?
Ans. As per instructions from the Government, all financial benefits to eligible students like reimbursement of examination/tuition fees, scholarships, etc., shall be transferred directly through the bank, linked to AADHAR number. Students shall open a bank account and link this to their AADHAR number for availing such benefits. Details have to be provided in the Application form. Those who do not have AADHAR Number/Bank account are encouraged to get AADHAR Number and link it to their bank account.
Ques. How are students shortlisted for PG programs at the University of Mysore?
Ans. The admissions for PG programs are conducted through an entrance exam conducted by the university itself. Candidates are required to apply and appear for entrance examinations separately for each course. However, the foreign applicants are exempted from this entrance test.
Ques. What all is required to be eligible for M.Tech. in Urban and Regional Planning (M.Tech. URP)?
Ans. Admission to the program requires a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering/ Architecture/ Physical Planning / AMIE Grade-IA/Master Degree in Geography/ Economics/ Sociology/ Sponsored/ deputed. Candidates from Government/ Semi-Government / Quasi-Government/ College/ Department teachers sponsored from Engineering Colleges with any one of the above said qualifications with a minimum of 2 years of working experience are also eligible for admission under the quota reserved for them.
Read More: University of Mysore M.Tech (URP)
Ques. What is the NATA counseling process for 2020?
Ans. There is no national-level centralized NATA counseling. Universities/ Colleges and institutes that offer B.Arch/ B.Planning programs will be conducting NATA 2020 counseling separately. The admission authorities will conduct NATA 2020 counseling after the declaration of result by COA. Candidates who wish to participate in NATA counseling 2020 must check and meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying for. There are more than 400 institutes that accept the NATA score and these colleges/institutes in different states will hold the counseling for NATA 2020.