BCom Accounting and Finance is an undergraduate course of 3 years (Full time). It is the course that teaches the fundamentals of accounting and finance practices. Through this course, an individual can learn the technical skills associated with many of the procedures of finance analysis and accounting standards.
This course includes subjects like Income tax, Business economics, Commercial law, Banking theory, financial accounting, etc.
The basic eligibility for this course is completing 10+2 or its equivalent exam in commerce/arts or science from a recognized board with a minimum 50% marks score. The minimum marks required by the colleges to offer admission in this course may vary from college to college.
The colleges grant admission to BCom Accounting and Finance courses on the basis of marks obtained at 10+2 level. Admission process can vary from institute to institute. There are colleges which offer direct admission to the course on the basis of merit and personal interview or counseling after appearing for the entrance examination.
The average cost for pursuing BCom Accounting and Finance ranges between INR 2,000 – 4Lakhs while the exact fees varies from college to college.
There are some of the top colleges offer BCom Accounting and Finance course mentioned below in the given table according to NIRF College Ranking Survey 2020 in the table given below:
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Admission Process||Fee Structure||Average Salary Package|
|57||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai||Entrance Exam Followed By Interview||INR 4 LPA||INR 5.7 LPA|
|76||Lovely Professional University, Punjab||Entrance exam followed by an interview||INR 9,52,000||INR 5 LPA|
|85||Jain University, Bangalore||Entrance based||INR 1,20,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
|151-200||Christ University, Bangalore||Merit & Entrance based||INR 75,000||INR 6.85 LPA|
|151-200||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhi Nagar||Entrance based||INR 2,49,000||INR 7.02 LPA|
There are numerous universities in India that offer BCom Accounting and Finance distance education. Reputed open universities like Bangalore University, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Chandigarh University, etc. provide this course through distance learning mode.
The average annual fees for studying BCom Accounting and Finance through distance learning are INR 2000 to 50,000.
The graduates of BCom Accounting and Finance are usually hired in the areas like educational institutes, banks, stock exchanges, excise departments, auditing offices etc. and can find jobs in the fields of Business Analyst, Money Manager, Risk Analyst, Senior Accountant, Market Analyst, Financial Analyst, cashier/Teller, Executive Assistant, Investment Banker, etc.
If a candidate wants to go for higher studies, he/she can pursue MBA Banking and Insurance, MBA Banking and Finance, MCom Banking and Finance, Chartered Accountant, Master in Financial Management MFM, Executive program in applied finance, etc.
What is the BCom Accounting and Finance Admission Process?
Admission to the BCom Accounting and Finance course is granted on the basis of the entrance exam which is followed by counseling. While apply for admission in BCom Accounting and Finance course, the aspirants need to focus on these steps:
- Candidates can apply through online or offline mode respectively.
- The candidates should submit the application form after filling all required details, before the deadlines.
- The candidates must carry their documents at the time of admission.
- All the students must bring their credentials (both original and copy) during the admission.
- Some colleges offer direct admission to the course on the basis of merit and personal interview.
Also, check the entire list of the best BCom Accounting and Finance Colleges in Gujarat
What is the BCom Accounting and Finance Minimum Eligibility Criteria?
The candidate should focus mainly on the eligibility criteria of the college in which they want to take admission. To get admission in the BCom Accounting and Finance course the basic eligibility criteria are mentioned below and it can be varied in different colleges and universities.
- Completion of 10+2 or its equivalent exam in commerce stream.
- The minimum marks scored by the candidates should be 55%.
- The candidate must meet the minimum cut-off criteria of the particular college for admission to you applied to.
- The minimum cut-off marks criteria may be different in each university as it is subject to the university’s own admission criteria for that year.
- There are some colleges which conduct entrance exams; the candidate must clear that particular entrance examination.
Which BCom Accounting and Finance Entrance Exams Are Conducted in India?
Here is the detailed information about each entrance exams in India conducted to grant admission in BCom Accounting and Finance course by the various colleges and universities, which includes general information about the exam, eligibility criteria, important dates, syllabus, preparation tips and much more.
- DU JAT - DU JAT is an entrance exam conducted by Delhi University for admission to its prestigious courses. DU JAT entrance exam consists of 4 sections - Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning and GK & Business Awareness. It is conducted in online mode.
- NPAT- NIIMS Programs After Twelfth is the entrance test for admissions to Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programs. The exam is conducted once a year and you will get a total of 2-hours to solve all the questions.
- SET – Symbiosis entrance test is conducted by the Symbiosis International University, once a year for the admission in undergraduate courses at the national level. The total duration you will get to solve all the questions is 2 hours and 30 minutes. And it’s an online mode exam. And the syllabus of SET is general English, logical reasoning, quantitative skills and general awareness.
- MHT CET- Maharashtra common entrance test is conducted by the state common entrance test at the state level. It’s an online mode exam and the duration of MHT CET is 90 minutes.
- IPU CET- Indraprastha University Common Entrance test is a university level exam organized by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. It’s an online mode exam held for the admission of candidates to UG and PG level programs. And the total duration of this exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Exam Name||Exam Date||Application Date||Exam Mode|
|DU JAT||To be announced||July 18, 2020||Online|
|NPAT||June 26-28, 2020||May 12, 2020||Online|
|SET||June 18-19, 2020||May 20, 2020||Online|
|MHT CET||To be announced||June 1, 2020||Online|
|IPU CET||To be announced||July 20, 2020||Online|
Get Updated Info on All the BCom Accounting and Finance Entrance Exams Conducted in India.
How to Prepare for The BCom Accounting and Finance Entrance Exam?
There are few points that a candidate should keep in mind while preparing for BCom Accounting and Finance course’s entrance exam and the candidates should follow these tips strictly only then they can clear the entrance examination in their first attempt:
- Before starting preparation, do some research by looking at the complete syllabus and old papers. First, know how many chapters and topics have been given in the syllabus.
- While preparing, prepare easy chapters first, many times it happens that people are stuck in difficult chapters and those take too much time in chapters.
- Current entrance examination will contain subjects like Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Logical reasoning, General ability and Current affairs.
- Make sure to get yourself some of the best BCom Accounting and Finance entrance exam study materials. These books will also ensure optimum preparations.
How to Get Admission in A Good BCom Accounting and Finance College?
Every student wishes to get admission in the top most college, to get admission in the best college of BCom Accounting and Finance you should keep some important points in your mind. So here are some tips for getting into the college of your choice:
- There are two main grounds or pillars of the process of getting admission in top institutes.
- One of them is the pillar Eligibility Criteria and,
- The other is the pillar Entrance exam.
- Your percentage in post-graduation or graduation should be according to the university’s eligibility criteria.
- Be updated with the deadlines of filling the application forms through websites, newspapers and magazines.
- Practice previous year’s papers to improve your time management skills at the time of entrance exams.
- You should have the ability to study a topic in depth and so candidates’ needs to possess the required skill-set and dedication along with being extremely hard working while pursuing this course.
BCom Accounting and Finance: What is it About?
Here is the description of the course BCom Accounting and Finance, what all a student should know about this course. It includes, on which areas this course focus upon, what will you get to learn and what skills can you develop after pursuing this course:
- Accounting and Finance involves the concepts of money, business and management, with an emphasis on professional careers in these areas.
- Accounting related to information analysis for different aspects of a business, while finance surely concerns a business monetary fund.
- Accounting and Finance degrees provide you with knowledge of accountancy practices, commerce, industry and finance.
- This course will help you to develop a range of subject specific and technical skills, you also gain more general skills like numerical and quantitative skills, oral and written communication skills, entrepreneurship, ability to argue your case and negotiate and so on.
BCom Accounting and Finance Course Highlights
Accounting and Finance course, lets you flex your mathematical muscles while applying technical knowledge to business situations. Listed below are some key highlights of BCom Accounting and Finance course:
|Course||BCom Accounting and Finance|
|Full form||Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance|
|Average tuition fee||INR 2000 to 4Lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 1 to 10Lakhs|
|Top recruiting companies||EY, KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Deloitte, Accenture, Oracle, Gartner, SBI, NABARD, PNB, CBI, etc.|
|Admission Process||Entrance and Merit Based Followed by Interview|
Why Opt for BCom Accounting and Finance?
Studying accounting and finance could be ideal if you enjoy math and want to apply it to business, whether that’s management, business law or economics.
- The scope to work in any industry business in every sector needs someone to crunch their numbers.
- Abroad opportunities, cultural exchanges help in giving you a deep understanding of the global economy as well as learning about a new place while developing language skills.
- Accounting and finance play a significant role at the core of every organization. Public and private sectors like non-profit organizations, it is impossible to operate without operational finances.
- Nowadays, companies of all shapes and sizes are scrutinized with regard to their financial activities. It is for this reason that qualified and capable accountancy professionals are in high demand across every sector.
BCom vs BCom Finance and Accounting: Which is better?
Even though both BCom and BCom Finance and Accounting are core commerce courses, the former focuses more on the Accounting and Finance part while the later focuses on the overview of the course.
Both are better in their own way but if you want to do BCom or BCom Accounting and Finance, then both having the wide career scope, the selection of the course is only based upon your career goals.
|Parameters||BCom||BCom Accounting and Finance|
|Overview||BCom is a general programme that teaches students and overviews aspects of the subjects.||Focuses on the accounting and financial aspects of management and business.|
|Specialization||Finance, Marketing, Accounts, Human resource management, Banking & Insurance, Taxation law, Financial market, Investment management, etc.||Financial management, Corporate finance or Transaction services, Auditing, Not for profit accounting, Business assurance services, etc.|
|Eligibility||10+2 with commerce stream with math and English as core subjects from a recognized board.||10+2 or equivalent level of education in the commerce stream with accounts, math & economics as main subjects.|
|Admission process||Entrance & merit based||Counseling after taking entrance examination|
|Average annual fees||INR 20,000 to INR 50,000 annually||INR 2,000 to INR 4 Lakhs|
|Job roles||Bank PO, Accountant, Event Manager, Lecturer, Chartered Accountant, and Human Resource Development, etc.||Risk Analyst, Senior Accountant, Market Analyst, Financial Analyst, cashier/Teller, Executive Assistant, Investment Banker, etc.|
|Average annual salary||INR 4.44-INR 7 Lakhs||INR 1 LPA to INR 10 LPA|
Which are the top BCom Accounting and Finance Colleges?
Some of the top colleges offering BCom Accounting and Finance are mentioned below in the table. The table also contains the information about the admission process, annual average fees, average annual package, placements and these colleges are ranked by NIRF 2020.
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College||Course Fee Structure||Average Starting Salary|
|57||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai||INR 4,941||INR 4 LPA|
|99||Lovely Professional University, Punjab||INR 9,52,000||INR 5 LPA|
|101||Jain University, Bangalore||INR 1,20,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
|151-200||Christ University, Bangalore||INR 75,000||INR 6.85 LPA|
|151-200||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhi Nagar||INR 2,49,000||INR 7.02 LPA|
|_||Stella Maris College, Chennai||INR 29,645||INR 4.2 LPA|
|_||Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai||INR 76,000||INR 3 LPA|
|_||Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 96,000||INR 6 LPA|
|_||NIMS University, Rajasthan||INR 12,000||INR 4 LPA|
|_||St. Andrew’s College of Arts Science & Commerce, Mumbai||INR 18,087||INR 5-10 LPA|
Also, check out the entire list of the BCom Accounting and Finance Colleges in India.
Which are the Top BCom Distance Education Institutes in India?
There are so many colleges in India offering BCom Accounting and Finance courses through distance learning mode. Students' admissions can be done through the online/ offline process; it depends on the college whether the college’s admission process is online or offline.
|College Name||Duration||Average Fees||Average Salary|
|Bharathiar University, Coimbatore||3 years||INR 5,417||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Bangalore University, Bangalore||3 years||INR 4,700||INR 2.9 LPA|
|Karnataka State Open University, Mysore||3 years||INR 5,450||INR 1.6 LPA|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||3 years||INR 20,400||INR 1.74 LPA|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur||3 years||INR 4,320||INR 1.08 LPA|
BCom Accounting and Finance College Comparison
Below we have compared the top BCom Accounting and Finance colleges on the parameters like NIRF ranking and on other major grounds that any aspirant can have a look at. I am choosing these three colleges because they are one of the top most and reputed colleges of India with minimum fees charged.
|Parameter||Stella Maris College||Lovely Professional University||Chandigarh University|
|Overview||It is an autonomous college affiliated to the University of Madras and is partly residential. It is One of the best women's colleges in the Country. They don't just create graduates but they create the best women to build a better society.||The university offers several undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral programs. Scholarships are awarded to aspirants who perform excellent in various fields.||Chandigarh University is a UGC approved private university established in the year 2012 by an act of the Punjab State Legislature. Since its inception it has achieved several milestones and is ranked as one of the top private universities in India. Chandigarh University admission to all the UG and PG courses is based on a candidate's performance in the University-conducted entrance exam called CUCET.|
|NIRF 2020 ranking||13||99||51|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||Jalandhar, Punjab||Chandigarh|
|Admission process||Entrance based||Entrance exam followed by an interview||Entrance based|
|Average annual fees||INR 29,645||INR 9,52,000||INR 96,000|
|Average annual package||INR 2.3 LPA||INR 5 LPA||INR 6 LPA|
|Top recruiters||Goldman Sachs, Wipro, Zoho, Ernst and Young, World Bank, Cognizant, KPMG, Royal Bank of Scotland, Deloitte, Google, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, Amazon Corporation etc.||Hewlett Packard, Amazon, Abbott, IBM, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Google and Microsoft, Microsoft, Infosys and Morgan Stanley, Adobe, Capgemini, etc.||Reliance Industries, Godrej, SanMar Group, Jindal Steel, Asahi Glass, Tata Power, Tata Technologies, Schindler, Capgemini, IBM, HDFC, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, KPIT, etc.|
What is the BCom Accounting and Finance Syllabus?
The detailed syllabus of BCom Accounting and Finance course that you will study during the course is mentioned below in the table year wise and the syllabus covered in the discipline may differ based on the university one chooses:
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3|
|Financial accounting||Corporate accounting||Business finance|
|Business organization||Business statistics||Auditing|
|Business economics||Commercial law||Income tax|
|-||Banking theory||Cost accounting|
|-||Business environment||Accounting for managerial decisions|
BCom Accounting and Finance Job Prospects and Career Opportunities
BCom Accounting and Finance graduates have a vast career opportunity in India as well as in abroad too Some of the popular job positions available for BCom Accounting and Finance graduates in today’s market are listed below:
Popular BCom Accounting and Finance Job Prospects
We have Listed some of the popular job positions offered to successful graduates of the discipline along with the corresponding job descriptions and average annual salaries offered to the graduates of BCom Accounting and Finance:
|Personal Finance Consultant||A Personal Finance Consultant advising clients on taxes, retirement planning, investments, and insurance decisions, depending on their financial goals.||INR 9,81,627|
|Financial Analyst||The responsibility of the Financial analysts is to track a company's financial performance against a plan, analyzing business performance and market conditions to create forecasts and helping senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports.||INR 5,85,380|
|Accounts Assistant||The responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant will be reconciling finance accounts, maintaining spreadsheets, credit control, verifying calculations, working with the Accounts system, reconciliation of direct debit mandates, managing petty cash transactions etc.||INR 2,48,033|
|Money Manager||The responsibilities of money managers includes research and find companies, funds, industries where the managers can find investment, choose and advise bonds, stocks, currencies, and other investment commodities for funds, develop investment strategies for individuals and companies, analyze past and present financial data, strategy, policy, management of the companies, examine industry trends and economic factors such as inflation, unemployment rates, etc.||INR 7,62,187|
|Senior Accountant||A senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization, investigate budget and variance issues, analyze financial data and prepare budget forecasts, maintain general ledger as needed.||INR 3,55,696|
Scope of BCom Accounting and Finance
The scope of BCom Accounting and Finance is very wide and after pursuing BCom Accounting and Finance course, candidates can get so many best opportunities in many fields anywhere in the world. Apart from pursuing further academic courses such as MCom, MBA, CA, etc., the other scopes after this course are:
- Across public and private sectors alike, including non-profit organizations, it is impossible to operate without operational finances, so there is a wide scope in this field.
- A career in professional accountancy and finance can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding, though must be built upon a solid educational foundation
- Any business that relies on money to get by is dependent on the services of accountancy and finance professionals.
- For these reasons that qualified and capable accountancy and finance professionals are in extremely high demand across almost every contemporary sector.
- A career in the accounting field can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding, though must be built upon a solid educational foundation.
- Those who work as self-employed accountants, they enjoy full flexibility and the freedom to choose their own working hours and patterns.
BCom Accounting and Finance FAQ
Ques. What can I do after BCOM accounting and Finance?
Ans. MBA, chartered accountancy, company secretary, master of commerce, chartered financial analyst, business accounting and taxation, certified management accountant, US certified public accounting, financial risk manager, etc.
Ques. What are the professional courses options there after BCom Accounting and Finance other than MBA?
Ans. You can opt courses like post graduate diploma in banking (PGDB) this course is best to gain practical knowledge of banking sector, specialized master’s degree in accounting and finance field, and many options are there.
Ques. Is BCom accounting and finance useful for a CA?
Ans. Yes, BCOM accounting and finance useful for a CA, a student who want to do CA in their future can opt this course without any doubt.
Ques. How successful is the BCom accounting and finance course at Christ University?
Ans. The BCom accounting and finance degree course gives good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects.
Ques. What is better difference BCom honors and BCom accounting and finance?
Ans. Both courses are better in own way but if you want to do BCom honors or BCom accounting and finance then both courses have wide career scope.
Ques. What extra courses can I do while studying BCom specialization in accounting and finance?
Ans. The courses you can do along with the BCom accounting and finance degree course are CS, CA, advance diploma in business studies, cost and work accountant course, diploma in advance accounting, diploma in advance cost accounting etc.
Ques. How can BCom accounting and finance course students earn money while studying?
Ans. You can teach millions of knowledge seekers and make global change, you can start making open educational content to teach commerce courses.
Ques. Being a fresher graduate in BCom accounting and finance, what should I prepare for an interview of account process?
Ans. You need to have a command over basic accounting principles, including general entries, nature of accounts and most important accounting standards.
Ques. How to increase the value of my BCom degree in accounting and finance?
Ans. Add a professional certification over BCom Accounting and Finance degree and start working in top consulting firms.