MBA Marketing is a popular 2 year MBA specialization for candidates interested in learning about market strategies, branding, advertising, and how to manage resources used in marketing.
Candidates aspiring to pursue MBA Marketing Admission 2023 course must have 50% marks in graduation and valid scores in CAT, ATMA, MAT or any other national level MBA exams. The admission process in top MBA marketing colleges such as IIMs and IITs start after CAT results i.e. during the month of January. Some of the top MBA in Marketing colleges include Great Lakes Institute of Management, NMIMS, IIT Roorkee, etc. Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE) is one of the popular training institutes that offers an MBA in Marketing program.
MBA Marketing Syllabus includes topics such as Management Concepts, Cost and Management Accounting, Business Environment, Marketing Management, and alike. Students also have the option to pursue dual specialization programs such as MBA Marketing and Sales, or MBA in Finance and Marketing.
The average salary that is offered to MBA marketing graduates is INR 9,03,076, for the job roles of Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, and alike. Students are offered placements with CTC as high as INR 27 LPA if they graduate from top MBA marketing colleges such as IIM Ahmedabad.
3.2 Admission 2023
3.3 Entrance Exams
5.2 Top Distance MBA Marketing Colleges
6.2 Projects for MBA Marketing
10.1 Fresher Jobs
10.2 Government Jobs
What is MBA Marketing?
MBA Marketing provides students with the knowledge and technique of creating a narrative around any particular product and service with the help of analytics, storytelling, communications, customer behaviour and management skills. MBA Marketing has found new life with the Growth of Digital Marketing in India.
With the change in time and with more and more digitalisation, companies have to become more efficient in reaching out global audience. Since 2015, Digital marketing has taken the front-seat compared to traditional marketing techniques. MBA Marketing refers to a Master of Business Administration with a focus on Marketing aspect.
- MBA marketing is one of the top specializations of MBA that focuses on topics such as market research, advertising, branding, and international markets.
- Apart from core MBA marketing subjects, the course also teaches you how to present your market strategies to the customers, and how to network effectively.
- The related courses along with MBA marketing include Marketing Management, Sales, Operations Management, Consumer Strategy, Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing.
- The course will help you to gain knowledge and insights about the marketing strategies of top companies globally, which will help you to work effectively in top management companies.
- Pursuing MBA in Marketing not only confirms a high salary but also assures a higher and better growth in career.
- This program takes 2 years to be completed and it comprises of various subjects such as marketing management, finance, business studies and accounting.
|Course Name||MBA Marketing|
|MBA Marketing Syllabus||Managerial Economics, Marketing Management, Global Business Management, Statistical and Quantitative Methods, Business Laws|
|Types of MBA Marketing Programs||Full Time, Part Time, Distance, Online|
|Top MBA Marketing Institutes||Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE), NIIT, AIMA New Delhi|
|MBA Marketing Colleges in India||IIM Kozhikode, IIM Roorkee, IIT Madras, NMIMS, SIBM, Great Lakes Institute of Management|
|MBA Marketing Online||University of Mysore, Jain University|
|MBA Marketing Jobs||Marketing executive, Digital Marketer, Retail Marketer|
|MBA Marketing Salary (INR)||INR 5,00,000 – 7,00,000 per annum|
Why MBA Marketing?
- MBA Marketing course not only teaches the traditional marketing strategies but also the new age concepts such as Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, etc.
- MBA Marketing graduates can switch to Consultancy or Enterprising Management after the completion of the course.
- As per Payscale, the average salary of a Marketing manager is INR 9,03,076 which is higher compared to an HR manager (INR 7,82,489) or Operations manager would get (INR 8,32,787).
- MBA marketing is one of the popular and demanding MBA Specializations. The top recruiters for MBA marketing graduates are Sony, Spencer’s Retail India Pvt Ltd, KPMG, Ranbaxy, Tech Mahindra, etc.
- The reason why MBA marketing is so popular is that every company relies on marketing to build customer loyalty, and increase their revenue.
- Marketing sector is known to be the topmost recruiting sector in MBA Placements. As per IIM Ahmedabad Placements reports, Marketing was the second highest recruiting sector after Finance, with highest CTC of INR 27 lakhs per annum offered by HUL.
Why MBA Marketing is a Popular Career Path?
MBA Marketing is traditional yet one of the most popular career paths in terms of employment in India and abroad. It provides the students with a wide range of scope to make careers in brand management, advertising, and marketing. Students learn new and trending concepts such as Social Media, Brand Management, Digital Ads etc. Hence MBA Marketing along with its new approach helps in building a viable career equipped with modern techniques and strategies.
Types of MBA Marketing Courses
|Full-time MBA Marketing||50% marks in graduation + valid scores in national level MBA exams.||2 years|
|Part-time MBA Marketing||Graduation + Minimum 2-3 years work experience + performance in written test/interview/GD||2-3 years|
|Distance MBA Marketing||50% marks in graduation + valid CAT/MAT/GATE or University level entrance exam score (Some colleges have merit based selection process)||2 years|
|MBA Marketing Online||50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in graduation in any discipline||Minimum 2 years, Maximum 4 years from the date of registration.|
Part-Time MBA Marketing
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||287,445|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||--|
|PTVA's Institute of Management, Mumbai||--|
MBA Marketing Online
|University of Mysore||--|
|Jain University||INR 76,000 (total fees)|
MBA Marketing Admission Process
MBA Marketing Admission is similar to that of MBA Admission . The MBA application fee ranges between INR 1500 and 2500. MBA marketing admission is based on MBA national level entrance exams, and some Universities also conduct their own state/institute level MBA exams.
MBA Marketing Eligibility
The basic eligibility criteria for procuring admissions to the MBA Marketing course have been discussed below:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized board or university. The passing percentage should be 50% or equivalent CGPA.
- There’s a 5% relaxation for all the reserved category candidates (SC/STs) i.e. the passing percentage should be 45%.
- Some colleges allow final year students to apply, provided they submit a no objection certificate from the principal.
Some colleges consider high merit scores of 60% and above such as IIMs.
|Eligibility for MBA Marketing|
|MBA Marketing Eligibility in VGSoM, Kharagpur||MBA Marketing Eligibility in DOMS, Roorkee|
|MBA Marketing Eligibility in BVDU, Pune||MBA Marketing Eligibility in NIT, Trichy|
MBA Marketing Admission 2023
|College Name||Exams Accepted|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar||XAT|
|VIT Business School||CAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT|
|St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata||CAT/XAT|
|International Management Institute||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT|
|IMT Ghaziabad||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT|
|ICFAI Hyderabad||CAT/ GMAT/ IBSAT/ NMAT|
|IIFT Delhi||IIFT/ GMAT|
|ICFAI Business School Gurgaon||CAT/ GMAT/ IBSAT/ NMAT|
|ICFAI University Jaipur||University Entrance Exam+PI|
MBA Marketing Entrance Exams
Entrance exams are conducted both at the national as well as university level for students who want to enroll in MBA Marketing courses. Tabulated below are a few of the entrance exams held for MBA Marketing students seeking admission.
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Dates|
|ATMA||1st week of June 2023||July 23, 2023|
|CAT||August 3, 2023||November 26, 2023|
|CMAT||February 13, 2023||To be Announced|
|GMAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|NMAT||September 2023||November 2023|
|SNAP||2nd week of August 2023||2nd week of December 2023|
|XAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
Also Check State Level MBA Entrance Exams:
Related MBA Marketing Courses
The top dual specialization or related courses that you can pursue apart from a regular MBA Marketing course are MBA Marketing Management, MBA Marketing and Sales, and MBA Marketing and Finance.
MBA Marketing Management
- MBA Marketing Management is a 2 year postgraduate program suitable for candidates who want to manage the activities involved in marketing, and how to handle the resources used in marketing.
- 50% marks in graduation is the minimum requirement to get admission in MBA marketing management. Some colleges also ask for a work experience of 2-4 years.
- JBIMS Mumbai, UPES Dehradun, KJ Somaiya, MIT School of Management are some of the top colleges that offer MBA marketing management courses.
- The average course fee stands between INR 2-8 lakhs.
MBA Marketing and Sales
- MBA in Marketing and Sales is a 2 year postgraduate program for students interested in learning about the techniques of marketing and selling a product or services.
- The admission process is similar to what is followed in MBA, 50% marks in graduation and valid scores in CAT, XAT, MAT or other national level MBA exams.
- There are only a few colleges that offer MBA Marketing and Sales in India. Most of them offer specialization courses such as Chemical sales and marketing, Pharmaceutical sales and marketing and Sales and Marketing communications.
- Amity Business School, Noida, Amity University, Mumbai, ITM Gwalior (MBA Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing), Jiwaji University, Gwalior (MBA Chemicals Sales and Marketing Management) are the colleges that are known for their MBA Marketing and Sales courses.
The average fee is INR 50,000- INR 17 lakhs.
MBA Marketing and Finance
- MBA in Marketing and Finance is a 2-year postgraduate program for candidates interested in specializing in both Finance and Marketing fields.
- Students scoring 50-60% marks in graduation from a recognized university and having a valid score in the entrance examinations are eligible to apply.
- The average MBA marketing and finance course fee ranges between INR 12,000 to 12 lakhs for the duration of 2 years.
- Jain University, UBS Karjat, Poornima University, RIT Bangalore are the top colleges that offer MBA Marketing and Finance programs.
MBA Marketing Distance Learning
MBA Marketing distance learning is very popular among MBA aspirants, this course focuses on sales and marketing. The distance course is a 2 year course and students must secure 50% marks to pursue MBA Marketing. See: MBA Marketing Distance
MBA Marketing Distance Admission 2023
Candidates who wish to pursue MBA Marketing in distance mode should follow the following criteria to take admissions.
- The eligibility criteria for distance admission 2023 in MBA Marketing is a graduation from a recognized university or equivalent.
- The duration for distance MBA admission is 1-2 years.
- The average course fee for distance MBA Marketing courses are INR 35,000 - 50,000.
Check: Distance MBA Admission Process
Top Distance MBA Marketing Colleges
There are several Distance MBA Marketing colleges, few of them are listed below:
|College/University Name||Average Fee (Per annum)|
|ITM Navi Mumbai - ITM Business School||INR 10.50,000|
|IPE Hyderabad||INR 8,00,000|
|Mittal School of Business||INR 5,30,000|
|CRM University Bangalore||INR 9,00,000|
|School of Distance Education - Andhra University||INR 30,000|
|Directorate of Distance Education, Tirunelveli||INR INR 29,000|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University Guntur||INR 30,000|
MBA Marketing Syllabus
The MBA Marketing syllabus is designed in a manner that helps the students to get theoretical as well practical knowledge for marketing. The MBA Marketing subjects are listed below in the table.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Concepts||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Business Environment||Marketing Management|
|Quantitative Techniques in Management||Consumer Behaviour|
|Managerial Economics||Production and Operations Management|
|Statistical Analysis and Operations Research||Advertising Management|
|Managerial Communication||Human Resource Management|
|Financial Management||Accounting and Managerial Decisions|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Strategic Management||Management Information System|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Product and Brand Management|
|International Business||Sales and Distribution Management|
|Industrial Marketing||Integrated Marketing Communication|
|Retail Management||Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|E-Commerce||Total Quality Management|
|Service Marketing and CRM||Management Control Systems|
MBA Marketing Subjects
MBA marketing subjects are structured in a manner so that students get a good knowledge of Marketing and management. Some of the best books are available for MBA Marketing which cater the following subjects.
|MBA Marketing Core subjects||MBA Marketing Elective Subjects|
|Management Concepts||Advertising Management|
|Management Information Systems||International Marketing|
|Marketing Management||Business Marketing Operations|
|Accounting and Managerial Decisions||New Product Development and Marketing|
|Strategic Management||Integrated Marketing Communications|
|Human Resource Management||Salesforce Management|
|Business Environment||Marketing Research|
Projects for MBA Marketing
MBA Marketing includes advertising, branding, market research, and other such arenas. MBA Marketing projects are impeccable, and they are guided to be done according to the current industry. Some of the projects for MBA Marketing are mentioned here below,
- A Study of Consumer Behaviour on Pureit Of Hindustan Unilever
- A Study of Customer Relationship at Fortis
- Study of Sales relationship at Coca Cola and Pepsico
- Study of Relationship Management at Hotel Westin
- Marketing Strategies at Indigo Airlines
- Distribution Strategy at Amul
- Marketing strategies of Hyundai
MBA Marketing Colleges in India
MBA Marketing is one of the most traditional specializations in MBA. Students who wish to pursue MBA from the best MBA Marketing colleges in India can follow the table represented below,
|College Names||College Fees|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode||INR 19,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee||INR 14,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras||INR 30,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Tiruchirapalli||INR 18,00,000|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai||INR 17,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Raipur||INR 14,50,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune||INR 19,50,000|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||INR 16,50,0000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai||INR 6,00,000|
|ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad||INR 15,00,000|
MBA Marketing Colleges Abroad
Studying MBA Marketing Abroad is popular among students and can be pursued at the top universities across the world. The MBA Marketing fees for abroad courses are significantly higher than what is in India. Students applying for MBA Marketing abroad have to appear for GMAT as an entrance exam and in TOEFL and IELTS for testing English efficiency.
|Name of the College||Course Fees|
|University of Chicago||53,82,363|
|University of Pennsylvania||54,04,790|
|University of North Carolina||49,56,259|
|University of Bedfordshire||11,21,325|
|Desautels Faculty of Management||24,96,818|
MBA Marketing Scope
MBA Marketing offers jobs in various positions for freshers as well as experienced candidates. Freshers get jobs in positions such as Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, while the experienced gets a job as Marketing Executive, marketing Managers, marketing Specialist, Business analysts.
The designation that are offered to the MBA Marketing Students are Consultant, International Finance Manager, Export Coordinator, and Management Consultant.
View More: MBA Marketing Job
MBA Marketing Jobs
MBA Marketing offers excellent salary to the freshers that varies between INT 20,000 - 60,000 per month. The positions that are offered to the MBA Marketing candidates are Brand manager, Sales Manager, Public Relations Manager, Digital Marketing, Marketing Executive, Marketing Specialist and many more.
MBA Marketing Fresher Jobs
Candidates who have completed MBA Marketing can apply for fresher job roles in MBA Marketing. The areas of recruitment for MBA marketing Freshers are Advertising, Consultancy, Retail, Banking, Tourism, Digital Media, Entertainment and many others. According to Quikr the salary for freshers starts from INR 20,000.
|Job Profile||Salary (per month)|
|Retail Marketing Fresher||INR 20,000|
|Marketing Executive||INR 25,000|
|Marketing Field Executive||INR 27,000|
|Digital Marketer||INR 25,000|
|Digital Marketing Executive||INR 35,000|
|Digital Marketing Entrepreneur||INR 50,000|
MBA Marketing Government Jobs
MBA Marketing professionals can also get jobs in government sector such as,
|Top Government Companies||Job Roles||Salary (per annum)|
|State Bank of India||Manager||INR 7,00,000|
|National Fertilizers Limited||Management Trainee||INR 3,00,000|
|Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission Recruitment||Marketing Assistant||INR 6,00,000|
|Solar Energy Corporation of India||Senior Manager||INR 8,50,000|
MBA Marketing Salary in India
There are plenty of job roles available for MBA Marketing aspirants. The raise or the increment depends upon the skills and experience of an individual.
|Job Profiles||Lowest Salary Offered||Highest Salary Offered|
|Business Development Executive||INR 1.74 LPA||INR 5.57 LPA|
|Marketing Manager||INR 2.91 LPA||INR 20 LPA|
|Media Planner||INR 2.33 LPA||INR 8.4 LPA|
|Sales Manager||INR 2.45 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Product Manager||INR 8.84 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
|Asset Manager||INR 2.59 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Digital Marketing Manager||INR 3.2 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
MBA in Marketing FAQs
Ques. What is the career scope after MBA in Sales and Marketing?
Ans. MBA in Marketing offers a great career Scope and will open the door for jobs at not only executive but also managerial positions in top-notch companies across the world. After the successful completion of MBA in Sales and Marketing, candidates can land various lucrative jobs and develop a career as a Brand Manager, Product Manager, Head of Digital Marketing, Sales Manager, etc.
Ques. I have completed my B.A. Can I pursue an MBA in Sales and Marketing?
Ans. Yes, one can pursue an MBA in Sales and Marketing after completing a BA or any other bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% scores. Anyone willing to pursue MBA in Sales and Marketing or any other specialization of MBA need to completed their graduation and must have qualified any Management entrance exams such as CAT, GMAT, XAT, SNAP, MAH CET, TSICET, MAT, etc. conducted at the National, State or University level.
Ques. Are there any job opportunities other than sales after MBA in Sales and Marketing?
Ans. Yes, there are a lot of job opportunities other than sales after completing an MBA in Sales and Marketing. Candidates can find a lot of lucrative and highly paid job options after completing an MBA in Sales and Marketing. Students after completing an MBA in Sales and Marketing are not restricted to job opportunities related to sales and Marketing. Apart from this one can find various job prospects in industries like retail, tourism, banking, media, hospitality, advertising, etc.
Ques. What is the course fee for an MBA in Sales and Marketing?
Ans. The average fees for MBA in Sales and Marketing can range between INR 7 - 28 Lakhs per year depending upon the Institute. The average fees for the MBA course with any specializations including MBA in Sales and Marketing in the top MBA colleges in India can be between INR 23 - 30 Lakhs per year no matter whether they are private or government.
Ques. What is the average starting salary of a fresher after pursuing MBA in Marketing and Sales?
Ans. The average starting salary of a fresher after pursuing MBA in Marketing and Sales can be anywhere between INR 12 - 25 LPA depending upon various parameters such as candidate's specializations, region, etc. Most of the top MBA colleges in India offer good placement opportunities and the average placement package offered by them can be anywhere between INR 30 - 45 depending upon the Institute.
Ques. What are the top companies hiring MBA in Marketing graduates?
Ans. There are several National and Multinational Companies that hire graduates of MBA in Marketing. Some of the top recruiters that hire MBA in Marketing graduates are listed below:
- Bain & Company
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Walt Disney